No More Title Contention Fights!!!

breezyfosheezy

Seems like every time the UFC distinguishes a fight as "for the #1 contender" or "for a title shot", there is always a huge letdown in performances.

Guys like to play it safe... As in last night's Marquardt vs. Okami match.

And as was in the Fitch vs. Alves, Koscheck vs. Daley, Kampmann vs. Shields, ect.

All lackluster fights.... Why are fighters timid in these fights and why does Dana White keep setting them up?

Seems like every time the UFC distinguishes a fight as "for the #1 contender" or "for a title shot"' date=' there is always a huge letdown in performances.

And as was in the Fitch vs. Alves, Koscheck vs. Daley, Kampmann vs. Shields, ect.

All lackluster fights.... Why are fighters timid in these fights and why does Dana White keep setting them up?[/quote']

all it comes down to is the matchups,who is fighting who and their styles...and also you mention fitch,koschek and shields,ALL like to take their opponents down and lay on them,so its not just the title contention fights,its for most if not all their fights

Seems like every time the UFC distinguishes a fight as "for the #1 contender" or "for a title shot"' date=' there is always a huge letdown in performances.

All lackluster fights.... Why are fighters timid in these fights and why does Dana White keep setting them up?[/quote']

I agree and it also ****s the UFC up. I know they try to put stakes in these fights and to build interest in them by saying it's a contender fight. But when the winner's performance sucked *** they get dragged into making a ****** title fight.

They really should implement some kind of point system to rank guys and decide who gets the title shot. Something rigid and free of drama.

They need to keep the element of surprise' date=' Say oh look at that Nate and Okami you guys are gonna fight Have fun and walk out, instead of Oh jeez whoever wins gets the next shot. Or they can just say Whoever loses.................Dies.......... or gets cut.[/quote']

EXACTLY!!

That would be better for the fans and the fighters and the sake of the event IMO...

I agree and it also ****s the UFC up. I know they try to put stakes in these fights and to build interest in them by saying it's a contender fight. But when the winner's performance sucked *** they get dragged into making a ****** title fight.

They really should implement some kind of point system to rank guys and decide who gets the title shot. Something rigid and free of drama.

Maybe a BCS computer formula for MMA???

You should be thankful that you even get to see the fights.

I understand what you are saying but its like watching F1 for the crashes, but there was none.

Boxing for the KO, but there was none.

Chatting to a HOT chick all night & hoping, but got nothing.

Thats life dude. Deal with it.

You say this, but when a fight is announced as a #1 contender fight the ratings shoot up like nothing. Other than that I understand where you're coming from though. While some contender fights are exciting, more arent. I think it's due to the fact that both fighters are being cautious because they don't want to risk losing a shot at the title.

Archived