Movies aren't as good as they used to be

SCOver2

Memento' date=' Fight Club, Seven, Gladiator, Braveheart, The Usual Suspects, Requem for a Dream

These movies being lhe living hell out of the garbage being released nowadays like thrillers, comic book movies, paranormal activity and Micheal Bay films. Gone down the crapper.[/quote']

Music is kinda the same way. Its all about appealing to whatever is popular at the time as opposed to making something that is really quality and will survive the current pop culture.

True enough, but I think maybe we expect more as we get older.

Was the expendables better than say Commando, I think so but Commando will be a classic, Expendables will not.

FYI, I saw Red last night, certainly good but not great

Music is kinda the same way. Its all about appealing to whatever is popular at the time as opposed to making something that is really quality and will survive the current pop culture.

Music will never be the same since auto tuning came around.

The Paris Hilton song was the death knell of music, it was actually fairly decent. It was a stolen music track, sung by a fairly good looking girl (honestly she is ok, not great) and the lyrics auto tuned to hell. Money and fame made that track possible nothing more.

And I ain't even a purist.

True enough' date=' but I think maybe we expect more as we get older.

Was the [b']expendables better than say Commando[/b], I think so but Commando will be a classic, Expendables will not.

FYI, I saw Red last night, certainly good but not great

Music will never be the same since auto tuning came around.

The Paris Hilton song was the death knell of music, it was actually fairly decent. It was a stolen music track, sung by a fairly good looking girl (honestly she is ok, not great) and the lyrics auto tuned to hell. Money and fame made that track possible nothing more.

And I ain't even a purist.

Both are terrible. Commando is just action-movie nostalgia, when it comes to how good it is, it can't even compare with green marinated diarrhea

Memento' date=' Fight Club, Seven, Gladiator, Braveheart, The Usual Suspects, Requem for a Dream

These movies being lhe living hell out of the garbage being released nowadays like thrillers, comic book movies, paranormal activity and Micheal Bay films. Gone down the crapper.[/quote']

Fight Club= my favorite movie of all time

However, I have to disagree with you here, sort of.

Look at some of the movies that have been amazing in the past few years.

The Last King of Scotland, 3:10 to Yuma, The Dark Knight (IMO), Shutter Island, Inception, Inglorious Basterds, Drag Me To Hell, Invictus, Avatar, Star Trek, Benjamin Button, and many many more.

I saw Unstoppable the other day and that was a great movie.

The upcoming movie with Depp and Jolie titled, "The Tourist" looks to be really good too.

I still think some great movies are being made.

However' date=' I have to disagree with you here, sort of.

The Last King of Scotland, 3:10 to Yuma, The Dark Knight (IMO), Shutter Island, Inception, Inglorious Basterds, Drag Me To Hell, Invictus, Avatar, Star Trek, Benjamin Button, and many many more.

[b']The upcoming movie with Depp and Jolie titled, "The Tourist" looks to be really good too. [/b]

I still think some great movies are being made.

It would have been better if Depp didn't "veto" a love scene with a naked Jolie.

The upcoming movie with Depp and Jolie titled, "The Tourist" looks to be really good too.

[b']I still think some great movies are being made[/b].

once in a while a really good movie comes out but great movies? maybe 2 or 3 in the last 5-10 years..maybe

I still think some great movies are being made.[/quote']

Inglorious Bastards was ok. Dark Knight is decent. None of the other you listed are even worth watching twice IMO.

There's a few upcoming (meaning in the next year or 2) movies I'm interested in.

The Hobbit, The Thing, and The Rum Diary.

Every few years a good movie will come out. Meanwhile people like M. Night Shyamalan keep getting deals to put out pure sh*t.

Inglorious Bastards was ok. Dark Knight is decent. None of the other you listed are even worth watching twice IMO.

There's a few upcoming (meaning in the next year or 2) movies I'm interested in.

The Hobbit' date=' The Thing, and The Rum Diary.[/quote']

Really? I think that The Last King of Scotland and Drag Me To Hell are two of the best movies in recent years.

Rum Diary looks great.

I didn't know they were making a prequel to The Thing until now though.

Inglorious Basterds' date=' Drag Me To Hell,[/quote']

Inglorios Bastards left me very under whelmed, not sure why but to me it just didn't have that IT.

But Drag Me To Hell, are you serious?

That is seriously one of the worst movies I have seen in ages, I liked the ending touch but the whole movie was based simply on the concept of being gross.

Haven't seen Trek or Button, but the rest are all good. I agree Fight club is one of the best movies ever made, if not the.

Really? I think that The Last King of Scotland and Drag Me To Hell are two of the best movies in recent years.

Rum Diary looks great.

I didn't know they were making a prequel to The Thing until now though.

I'm very picky with movies. Might just be me.

Yeah I just found out about The Thing prequel a few days ago. The original is one of my favorites. So we'll see what they do.

Inglorios Bastards left me very under whelmed' date=' not sure why but to me it just didn't have that IT.

But Drag Me To Hell, are you serious?

That is seriously one of the worst movies I have seen in ages, I liked the ending touch but the whole movie was based simply on the concept of being gross.

Haven't seen Trek or Button, but the rest are all good. I agree Fight club is one of the best movies ever made, if not the.[/quote']

The whole concept of Drag Me To Hell is great. Classic Sam Raimi, going back to the form he used in the Evil Dead movies.

Star Trek was surprisingly good with great performances from Quinto and Pine.

Loved the book but I just can't see a movie doing it justice.

Yeah I agree. Depp is in it though, and out of anyone in Hollywood he was the closest to Hunter, so I don't think he'll just let them make anything. Hopefully he's speaking up and letting them know what to do and what not to do. I think he knows what Hunter would want.

Crossing my fingers.

Yeah I'm really picky with movies too' date=' like a critic.

Me must have different tastes though, huh? :P[/quote']

Probably lol I'm very random when it comes to movies.

what is the latest great movie you have seen

Predators. Only because I'm a die hard Predator/Alien fan.

SCO.... no one likes you.

well that's not entirely true... some like you.

but most of the forum just sees you as a pathetic troll...

as do I.

why would you come here just to say this? he makes a thread that has nothing to do with Brock/Fedor just stating his opinion and you come in here just to flame him??? man some people have no life and a lot of pent up anger or something.

Every generation has their "Taxi Driver" and their "Contact". Movies IMO just seemed better back in the day because that's when we first got into them and now we expect something new everytime we watch one.

Out of recent movies that I have seen, I thought The Strangers, Avatar, and Zombie's versions of Halloween 1 and 2 were all great.

Really? I figured a die-hard Predator/Alien fan would be incredibly disappointed with the new one.

After those two abortions that were AVP and AVPR, it was a relief to see Predators.

Wasn't great. But they stayed away from a crazy story line and focused more on action like the first one. I like it better than Predator 2.

I thought Laurence Fishburne's character was unnecessary and a cheap and easy way to explain everything. Only complaint I have.

Every generation has their "Taxi Driver" and their "Contact". Movies IMO just seemed better back in the day because that's when we first got into them and now we expect something new everytime we watch one.

Out of recent movies that I have seen' date=' I thought The Strangers, Avatar, and Zombie's versions of Halloween 1 and 2 were all great.[/quote']

I expected more from The Strangers.

Halloween 1 and 2, really? No offense but I hated those lol

i've actually started rewatching the alien movies. i think aliens( the second for those who don't know) is my favorite out of that franchise.

KRYME- i was actually kind of disappointed in predators. however, like you i am also a predator fan so i watched quite a few times. it wasn't horrible i just wanted a little more.

After those two abortions that were AVP and AVPR' date=' it was a relief to see Predators.

Wasn't great. But they stayed away from a crazy story line and focused more on action like the first one. I like it better than Predator 2.

I thought Laurence Fishburne's character was unnecessary and a cheap and easy way to explain everything. Only complaint I have.[/quote']

All true....

I expected more from The Strangers.

Halloween 1 and 2' date=' really? No offense but I hated those lol[/quote']

I actually liked them because he completly threw out Carpenter's work and made them his own. They weren't as good as Carpenter's IMO. But it was refreshing to me atleast to see a remake that was completly overhauled.

i've actually started rewatching the alien movies. i think aliens( the second for those who don't know) is my favorite out of that franchise.

KRYME- i was actually kind of disappointed in predators. however' date=' like you i am also a predator fan so i watched quite a few times. it wasn't horrible i just wanted a little more.[/quote']

Yes Aliens is the best out of the series. Did you know they are working on a prequel to Alien?

I didn't go into Predators expected a whole lot. Just a new Predator (and only Predator) movie. It has it's weak points. And it could have definitely been better, but it was made with a B-movie budget, so it will do. In the end the good and the bad weighs out.

Did you know that the 'caged creature' in Predators was actually the original Predator design?

edit: LOTR for the win!

i would say one of the most recent movies i saw that was even remotely close to greatness was "Million Dollar Baby" and that was from 04....

inception and shutter island were both really good too' date=' [b']both Decaprio movies which is another surprise to me[/b].

Hey hes done some great movies since Titanic, its time to get over that.

From 2002-2006, in a row, Catch Me If You Can, Gangs of New York, The Aviator, Blood Diamond, and The Departed.

SCO.... no one likes you.

well that's not entirely true... some like you.

but most of the forum just sees you as a pathetic troll...

as do I.

why would you come here just to say this? he makes a thread that has nothing to do with Brock/Fedor just stating his opinion and you come in here just to flame him??? man some people have no life and a lot of pent up anger or something.

He is 15 or 16, and every so often he has to show his age.

I love movies I sit through bad ones and appreciate things in them even tho in the end it really wasnt a good movie. In the last 10 years there has been great movies. Great movies just dont occur very often thats why they are great. I love Fight Club its def in my top 10.

To be fully honest I think this Inception movie is the best movie ever made. I dont see one thing wrong with it. At one point I was in disbelief. I even thought I am Legend was a great movie I dont even know the reviews it got but I loved that movie.

For every great movie there are thousands of not so good people are forgetting about movies if you ask me.

Also Star trek was a great movie!!!!! I hate the original series and everything but I loved the new movie.

I love movies I sit through bad ones and appreciate things in them even tho in the end it really wasnt a good movie. In the last 10 years there has been great movies. Great movies just dont occur very often thats why they are great. I love Fight Club its def in my top 10.

To be fully honest I think this Inception movie is the best movie ever made. I dont see one thing wrong with it. At one point I was in disbelief. I even thought I am Legend was a great movie I dont even know the reviews it got but I loved that movie.

For every great movie there are thousands of not so good people are forgetting about movies if you ask me.

Also Star trek was a great movie!!!!! I hate the original series and everything but I loved the new movie.

I thought I am Legend was great, even though most of it was very different from the book.

Star Trek can be summed up by a quote I heard when the movie first came out: "You don't need to be a Star Trek fan to enjoy it."

I thought I am Legend was great' date=' even though most of it was very different from the book.

Star Trek can be summed up by a quote I heard when the movie first came out: "You don't need to be a Star Trek fan to enjoy it."[/quote']

It was made very well made I laughed at parts and the action scenes were cool J.J Abrams is a very good director.

I love the movies where the special effects dont take from the movie. On average you get in action movies at least either great special effects or good storyline. The movies that have both are nothing short of amazing. EX. Inception.

There's been some good movies recently, nothing epic but fun to watch. I am very picky about my movies tho.

On a side note, can anyone tell me what is so great about Avatar? The effects were amazing I'll give you that, but that's pretty much it. The only great thing about that movie was seeing the planet. As far as the story goes, it's predictable and uninspired. It's so uninspired that it's pretty much a copy of Pocahontas/Dances with Wolves but with giant smurfs.

There's been some good movies recently' date=' nothing epic but fun to watch. I am very picky about my movies tho.

On a side note, can anyone tell me what is so great about Avatar? The effects were amazing I'll give you that, but that's pretty much it. The only great thing about that movie was seeing the planet. As far as the story goes, it's predictable and uninspired. It's so uninspired that it's pretty much a copy of Pocahontas/Dances with Wolves but with giant smurfs.[/quote']

It wasnt really an original storyline I think it was supposed to be like Pocahontas. It was a future Pocahontas except this time they literally discover a new world.The next one will prob have more debth but overall I liked Avatar there is much better movies tho.

Holy ****.........here's something I can agree with you on.

Movie are recycled beyond belief nowadays......like most music.

I'll throw in Pulp Fiction, True Romance, Boondock Saints and Training Day.

There are still great movies coming out, but they seem few and far between.

Archived