Cain Velasquez v Junior Dos Santos

GMB

Does anybody know when this fight will take place?

JDS hasn't fought since Aug, and Cain didn't take much damage in his fight against Lesnar. This fight should happen in Feb or March at the latest imo. Any rumors about when the fight will be?

Does anybody know when this fight will take place?

JDS hasn't fought since Aug' date=' and Cain didn't take much damage in his fight against Lesnar. This fight [b']should[/b] happen in Feb or March at the latest imo. Any rumors about when the fight will be?

Hmm, hopefully soon.

That would be great if they fought in 4 or 5 months time. Like the OP has stated, Cain took little to no damage from the Lesnar fight. I would love for this fight to be the highlight of the summer but that would be too long of a time for both fighters especially JDS.

But seriously, I am in no rush for this fight because after it happens, what is next for the champion whether it be Cain or Junior? The rest of the division does not have worthy contenders at the moment except for Mir perhaps. If Mir can pull a win against Brock in the rubber match, I can see him being in line for the next title shot after Cain vs JDS.

That would be great if they fought in 4 or 5 months time. Like the OP has stated' date=' Cain took little to no damage from the Lesnar fight. I would love for this fight to be the highlight of the summer but that would be too long of a time for both fighters especially JDS.

But seriously, I am in no rush for this fight because after it happens, what is next for the champion whether it be Cain or Junior? The rest of the division does not have worthy contenders at the moment except for Mir perhaps. If Mir can pull a win against Brock in the rubber match, I can see him being in line for the next title shot after Cain vs JDS.[/quote']

That's a good point. I was hoping for March/April/May... but you make some good points. Holding off on it has it's ups, but like you said waiting too long isn't a great idea for Junior. His shot at the belt is way past due.

That's a good point. I was hoping for March/April/May... but you make some good points. Holding off on it has it's ups' date=' but like you said waiting too long isn't a great idea for Junior. His shot at the belt is way past due.[/quote']

This is a mega fight which I think needs proper hype. It needs to be held on a special day whatever that day may be.

The magnitude of this fight is almost as exciting as Fedor coming to the ufc.

This is a mega fight which I think needs proper hype. It needs to be held on a special day whatever that day may be.

The magnitude of this fight is almost as exciting as Fedor coming to the ufc.

Totally agree. It needs a special day, and the right hype. I just don't want them to wait too long, for obvious reasons. And hopefully they don't force this fight either.

I have compared the intensity surrounding this fight to Fedor's old fights. Like the build up to his fight with Mirko.

If the UFC could set this up as the Main Event for the superbowl show their doing in February and have Silva/Belfort as the co-main event they would make an absolute killing!

And it's not too far fetched considering Cain took no damage whatsoever like the OP stated.

they wont do that, because they know silva vs belfort is big so they would want that to be the mainevent

i wonder how the fight would be hyped up

Would JDS talk trash about Cain since Cain beat JDS's teacher: Big Nog and how JDS wishes to right that wrong for Big Nog

Should be good

I dont think that will have anything to do with it.

Its JDS big chance and a title shot.

He's not going to be thinking revenge for big Nog.

He's just going to focus on his own fight. Nobody elses.

I dont really care..... the division of big slobs with singular skillsets and lacklustre cardio (for the most part) is all but irelevent to me since they brought the WEC boys into the fold..... couldnt care less if they canned the whole division' date=' lol.[/quote']

I second that.

I hope it happens very soon and see no reason, other than marketing, in which it shouldn't.

Why do people who don't like a division chime in on the championship fight threads? I could care less about the WEC addition and stay out of those threads. Seems simple enough to me (idea smiley)

Archived