Dana White and his post fight comments after fights

dimension33

Ok...this will be short and sweet...was I thinking that Florian kind of choked in the Maynard fight...YES...did I think Marquardt was trying to edge a decision and play it safe and choked his way out of a 2nd title shot...YES...BUT as the HEAD of the UFC....for him to publically verbalize those comments against fighters who have and will make Dana the company money is borderline retarded....Though I always respect someone who is speaking their truth...even when I don't agree...and Ill admit I actually like that about Dana...USUALLY...but his comments about Florian and Marquardt are crossing the line IMO as the President.....thoughts??

i don't think so. these are supposed to be fighters not ****ing girl scouts. maybe he is simply trying to light a fire under their asses to get them to be more active.

prepare yourselves for the UWC. ultimate wrestling championship coming to a city near you.

I think he was more trying to light a fire under Jackson's *** by directly blaming his camp. Dana is aware that the jackson camp is winning fights but also making some fights boring to the eyes of many fans. So if he has an occasion to start bashing on them I'm not surprised that he uses it.

Dana White always has been and always will be a promoter. You have to take most of what he says with a grain of salt. With that said, I'm glad he "called out" Jackson's camp. I think it's hilarious watching a fighter's corner trying to convince him he's winning the fight when he's clearly getting his derierre handed to him. I'm sure the fighter, however, would rather hear the truth, and have a corner that motivates him rather than strokes his ego.

Interesting that Dana has a whole stable of fighters that couldn't carry Florian's or Nate's jock.

yeah but that stable of fighters when given the chance at a title shot would have gone balls out and put everything into the fight. Its much like the talks he has to the contestants on the TUF series about leaving it all in the cage and walking out after a fight knowing you have done everything you could.

Kenny and Nate are unable to say that.

Hopefully he can put an end to it by saying it. People don't pay money for tickets or spend their time watching the UFC to watch some **** try to win a decision. The fight also killed the momentum after the Brock Cain fight.

and people dont watch motor sports to see checkered flags either but guess what they are going to appear anyway no questions asked.

I don't mind it' date=' I'd rather have him tell the truth instead of give some watered down lame *** respose.[/quote']

Same. If you think, we are the fans, does it make you want to watch UFC more or less hearing Dana say that, for me it dertainly doesn't make me want to watch less.

Archived