Margarito's face

UFCCagerattler

For those of you missed the action' date=' here is what 12 rounds of Manny Pacquao does to your face.

[img']http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/590102/gyi0062457524_medium.jpg[/img]

Most interesting aspect of the fight: the realization that the guy form the Phillipines didn't need a translator but the guy from California did.

HAHHAHAH, War PacMan!

For those of you missed the action' date=' here is what 12 rounds of Manny Pacquao does to your face.

[img']http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/590102/gyi0062457524_medium.jpg[/img]

Most interesting aspect of the fight: the realization that the guy form the Phillipines didn't need a translator but the guy from California did.

imagine if manny was bearing ufc gloves and not boxing gloves lol and people think aldo can beat manny. makes me laugh

I saw the highlights and the body shots hit harder then the head shots.

Margarito i bet is still in a world of hurt.

yeah little pacman is a beast he gave up 20 pounds for that fight...lol i laugh when they bring up the manny vs aldo just striking match and say aldo wud win... but props to margarito that man just wont go down i watched the fight

its just a matter of choice if you're fighting manny, you look like this ^

or you go down like this v

Manny-Pacquiaon-knocks-ou-001.jpg

The ref should have had the ringside doctor at least look at that eye.

His corner should have stopped it.

They cost him his career - for what?

A million to one chance to catch Manny with a lucky punch?

actually laurence cole has some bad calls even before the margarito fight,

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=630620&publicationSubCategoryId=69

actually laurence cole has some bad calls even before the margarito fight' date='

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=630620&publicationSubCategoryId=69[/quote']

Unless the guy an;t protect himself there's not much the ref can do.

Its up to the corner to protect their fighter.

There ws no reason for that fight to go 12 rounds except the Brown Pride thing.

Freddie Roach: Margarito Will Probably Never Fight Again

Posted by: Lem Satterfield on 11-14-2010.

Freddie Roach, Manny Pacquiao's trainer, said he believed that Antonio Margarito's trainer, Robert Garcia, should have stopped the fight in the eighth or the ninth round. Pacquiao was landing countless hard shots on Saturday night at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. By the twelfth round, both of Margarito's eyes were nearly swollen shut, his face was badly swollen and he sustained several bad cuts.

The punishment was enough to make Pacquiao pull back on his punches in the final two rounds. Roach believes the beating was so brutal that Margarito may never fight again.

"I thought for sure that he would quit, but he has a lot of balls. But I truly, truly think that your job as a trainer is to protect your fighter. His corner, they should have saved him. He'll probably never fight again. He took too many unnecessary punches and too much unnecessary punishment. That was too much punishment to me," said Roach.

Roach has witnessed Pacquiao dish out a lot of punishment over the years, but the fight with Margarito was the most brutal beating that he ever saw his Filipino champion execute. Roach doesn't understand why Garcia allowed the punishment to continue in those last couple of rounds.

"After eight rounds, it was over, and it was just a matter of time. This is the worst beating I've ever seen Manny give to a fighter, accumulation-wise, number of punches landed, I mean, he took a lot of shots," said Roach. "I know that he's a very resilient guy, and he's a tough guy who has no quit in him, but the corner man is supposed to protect his fighter, and sometimes, you have to make those decisions. I don't know why they didn't stop the fight."

Freddie Roach' date=' Manny Pacquiao's trainer, said he believed that Antonio Margarito's trainer, Robert Garcia, should have stopped the fight in the eighth or the ninth round. Pacquiao was landing countless hard shots on Saturday night at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. By the twelfth round, both of Margarito's eyes were nearly swollen shut, his face was badly swollen and he sustained several bad cuts.

The punishment was enough to make Pacquiao pull back on his punches in the final two rounds. Roach believes the beating was so brutal that Margarito may never fight again.

"I thought for sure that he would quit, but he has a lot of balls. But I truly, truly think that your job as a trainer is to protect your fighter. His corner, they should have saved him. He'll probably never fight again. He took too many unnecessary punches and too much unnecessary punishment. That was too much punishment to me," said Roach.

Roach has witnessed Pacquiao dish out a lot of punishment over the years, but the fight with Margarito was the most brutal beating that he ever saw his Filipino champion execute. Roach doesn't understand why Garcia allowed the punishment to continue in those last couple of rounds.

"After eight rounds, it was over, and it was just a matter of time. This is the worst beating I've ever seen Manny give to a fighter, accumulation-wise, number of punches landed, I mean, he took a lot of shots," said Roach. "I know that he's a very resilient guy, and he's a tough guy who has no quit in him, but the corner man is supposed to protect his fighter, and sometimes, you have to make those decisions. I don't know why they didn't stop the fight."[/quote']

It's true. That's what pride can do to a man.......and his corner.

Margarito shouldn't have been fighting in the first place. Margarito is a dirty fighter. Hopefully Pac sent him out with that beatdown.

Hmm' date=' it looks like the fight should have been stopped.[/quote']

Thats what I kept wondering is why the hell didnt they just throw the towel in. he cld have serious brain damage after that beating. I mean look at that mess on his face.. Pac is and always be the greatest Boxer in our day.... Now we know why Chump Mayweather wont fight him...

Freddie Roach' date=' Manny Pacquiao's trainer, said he believed that Antonio Margarito's trainer, Robert Garcia, should have stopped the fight in the eighth or the ninth round. Pacquiao was landing countless hard shots on Saturday night at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. By the twelfth round, both of Margarito's eyes were nearly swollen shut, his face was badly swollen and he sustained several bad cuts.

[b']The punishment was enough to make Pacquiao pull back on his punches in the final two rounds. Roach believes the beating was so brutal that Margarito may never fight again.[/b]

"After eight rounds, it was over, and it was just a matter of time. This is the worst beating I've ever seen Manny give to a fighter, accumulation-wise, number of punches landed, I mean, he took a lot of shots," said Roach. "I know that he's a very resilient guy, and he's a tough guy who has no quit in him, but the corner man is supposed to protect his fighter, and sometimes, you have to make those decisions. I don't know why they didn't stop the fight."

It was a slaughter, and was amazing how fast Pac's hands are. I really think he has the fastest hands I have ever seen. And not only are they fast but they are devastating, its ridiculous how bad *** he is...

the worst part is...all that training and hard work and sacrifice,and this is what you get...its pretty obvious why floyd mayweather is running scared of manny

Boxing gloves differ from MMA Gloves

Imagine if Pacquiao wears MMA Gloves against Margarito?

More so the fact that GSP can use elbows and forearms. Pacman did that damage with just his hands with boxing gloves on. Very brutal fighter. Not to mention that GSP gets guys on the mat where there is nowhere to go.

Who the hell cares? This is a UFC forum not a boxing forum.

...But I will use this as evidence that people say that MMA is more violent then boxing, lol.

Archived