Frank Mir vs Roy Nelson

SignatureKneebar

Who would win?

People seem to remember back at the Grappling tournament in 2003 when Roy Nelson beat Mir by POINTS. I believe the grappling is nullified and it will depend on the stand up.

Roy's stand-up is good. Though it seems to be a tad overrated. He knocks out Brendan Schaub, then beats Stephan Struve..(who..may never be a top 10 heavyweight).

He, gets beat decisively by Junior Dos Santos, who is a BEAST.

Mir, didn't give a promising performance at UFC: 119, but did knockout K1 and Pride Legend, Mirko Cro Cop. Mir's stand-up has been improving every time he fights. He actually did good against Shane Carwin, in fact beating him in the stand-up exchanges. He rocked Lesnar after being pummeled in the first round. He ....Demolished Kongo.

So the question is...Mir or Nelson?

i think mir's new size might help him out a little so ill say frank but by split decision :D
Which new size of his?

The 275lbs he bulke up to after Lesnar annihilated him, or the 250lbs he dropped to after Carwin destroyed him?

Man, the good old Frankie is so mentaly unbalanced that if he lost to Nelson, he'd most probably start growing a bear belly.

Which new size of his?

The 275lbs he bulke up to after Lesnar annihilated him' date=' or the 250lbs he dropped to after Carwin destroyed him?

Man, the good old Frankie is so mentaly unbalanced that if he lost to Nelson, he'd most probably start growing a bear belly.[/quote']

I used to not like Mir but I really have a no found respect for the guy. Have you rally thought of what he went through, at the top of his career having that bike accident, he was crushed and told he would never fight again. To come back from that and become champion again, wow my hat is off to the guy and I am a huge fan.

Archived