Sign in to follow this  
WD_40

Australian Fighter Appreciation Thread

Kyle Noke - This guy has a great ground game and his wrestling/striking has improved leaps and bounds since the ultimate fighter, solid chin too. I look forward to his middle weight destruction.

G-Sot - Gotta love this guy, great heart, great chin, always comes to fight and puts on a show. Slick boxing skills with sick jj, he is a force to be reckoned with at lightweight, future LW champ?

James Te Huna - I have never seen someone take the shots this dude took and then go on to score a stoppage late in the fight. This guy defines heart and has the true Maori spirit within him, war Te Huna!

Mark Hunt - yeah!

I agree with Little_Kang.

My friend served Kyle Noke in a shop one day and said he was a complete wank! He wouldn't stop talking about how he's a UFC fighter and then went on to give her (my friend) a hard time because she didn't know who he was.

So in short he's a ****** bag.

Te Anu? Never heard of him but if he's got the "maori spirit" then he's obviously not Australian.

G-Sot is solid though! I hope he comes out with the W this weekend.

My friend served Kyle Noke in a shop one day and said he was a complete wank! He wouldn't stop talking about how he's a UFC fighter and then went on to give her (my friend) a hard time because she didn't know who he was.

Te Anu? Never heard of him but if he's got the "maori spirit" then he's obviously not Australian.

I still think a better match for G-Sot is BJ. I think they match up better than J-Lau. I am pretty sure that G-Sot will win; I thought he would lose to Joe Daddy and I was completely wrong. Once BJ fights Hughes, and BJ said he has thought about fighting in both divisions, I think BJ and G-Sot would be an outstanding match. Both are good on the feet and it would be a strategic chess match on the ground. One can only hope.

Kyle Noke - This guy has a great ground game and his wrestling/striking has improved leaps and bounds since the ultimate fighter' date=' solid chin too. I look forward to his middle weight destruction.

G-Sot - Gotta love this guy, great heart, great chin, always comes to fight and puts on a show. Slick boxing skills with sick jj, he is a force to be reckoned with at lightweight, future LW champ?

James Te Huna - I have never seen someone take the shots this dude took and then go on to score a stoppage late in the fight. This guy defines heart and has the true Maori spirit within him, war Te Huna!

[b']Mark Hunt - yeah![/b]

Lol.

G-Sot is a beast though.

Its Te Huna and know your geography son new zealand and australia are both part of the continent of australia, so being from new zealand and fighting out of australia, makes him australian

Kyle Noke - This guy has a great ground game and his wrestling/striking has improved leaps and bounds since the ultimate fighter' date=' solid chin too. I look forward to his middle weight destruction.

Mark Hunt - yeah![/quote']

Come on Aussie, come on, Come on

Its Te Huna and know your geography son new zealand and australia are both part of the continent of australia' date=' so being from new zealand and fighting out of australia, makes him australian[/quote']

Argh wrong

Australia is an island and a continent on its own

New Zealand is just 2 islands it has nothing to do with the Continent of Australia

What make Te huna Australian is the fact that we has Australians like to claim anything mildly successful coming out of New Zealand as our own

Russell Crowe

Crowded House

are 2 perfect examples

New Zealand is not on the same continental shelf and so is not part of the continent of Australia but is part of the submerged continent Zealandia. Zealandia and Australia together are part of the wider region known as Oceania or Australasia.

Argh wrong

New Zealand is just 2 islands it has nothing to do with the Continent of Australia

What make Te huna Australian is the fact that we has Australians like to claim anything mildly successful coming out of New Zealand as our own

Russell Crowe

Crowded House

are 2 perfect examples

New Zealand is not on the same continental shelf and so is not part of the continent of Australia but is part of the submerged continent Zealandia. Zealandia and Australia together are part of the wider region known as Oceania or Australasia.

For a towel, not bad

Just wiki to see what man himself thinks,

"Te-Huna was asked whether he considered himself Australian or New Zealand he responded "In World War II my grandfather fought for Australia and New Zealand, and so do I.""

Only real loses to James Lee, and Hector Lombard and on a 6 fight win streak.

Have a friend who tarins with him supposed to be a pretty nice guy. (but she is kinda hot so maybe thats not the norm).

Gsot, I don't think I need to sell Gsot. If you have any questions about him just watch Sunday (aus time).

Noke, Don't know much about him. But hey got win last week, Woot.

I still think a better match for G-Sot is BJ. I think they match up better than J-Lau. I am pretty sure that G-Sot will win; I thought he would lose to Joe Daddy and I was completely wrong. Once BJ fights Hughes' date=' and BJ said he has thought about fighting in both divisions, I think BJ and G-Sot would be an outstanding match. Both are good on the feet and it would be a strategic chess match on the ground. One can only hope.[/quote']

I do want to see Gsot Vs BJ but I would prefer BJ to pick a weight for a while and stick with it. Changing weights to often will lessen his performance.

Argh wrong

Russell Crowe

Crowded House

are 2 perfect examples

You can live in Oz for 2 years and become a legalized citizen.

You can live in Oz for 2 years and become a legalized citizen.

Yes you can but Te huna is not an Australian Citzen he only trains in Australia much like Benji Marshal plays in the NRL and lives in Australia 12 months out of the year but he not an Australian Citzen and that is why he represents New Zealand.

If MMA where to become an Olympic sport Te Huna would have to become a Australina Citzen to represent Australia

If you want to be recognizred legitimately from a country you have to

A. be born there

B. take the Citzenship test.

if Kostya Tszyu can do it I am pretty sure a filthy New Zealander can do it

pfft.....you guys have got nothing on us canadians.....kalb starnes' date=' anyone? :D[/quote']

Canadians are a close 2nd. But not the french kind

Yes you can but Te huna is not an Australian Citzen he only trains in Australia much like Benji Marshal plays in the NRL and lives in Australia 12 months out of the year but he not an Australian Citzen and that is why he represents New Zealand.

If MMA where to become an Olympic sport Te Huna would have to become a Australina Citzen to represent Australia

If you want to be recognizred legitimately from a country you have to

A. be born there

B. take the Citzenship test.

if Kostya Tszyu can do it I am pretty sure a filthy New Zealander can do it

Your last sentence is ace Towelie. :P

Canadians are a close 2nd. But not the french kind

There once was a Canadian, Australian and american sitting around a camp fire. The Australian said "I'm the toughest person alive, I once killed a lion with my bare hands after he had killed twelve other men"

The American then said "No I'm the toughest person alive as I once bit off the head of a rattlesnake swallowed the venom and didnt even get a stomache ache"

The Canadian sat there silent.......stirring the fire with his pen*s

I agree with the french thing BTW

There once was a Canadian' date=' Australian and american sitting around a camp fire. The Australian said "I'm the toughest person alive, I once killed a lion with my bare hands after he had killed twelve other men"

The American then said "No I'm the toughest person alive as I once bit off the head of a rattlesnake swallowed the venom and didnt even get a stomache ache"

The Canadian sat there silent.......stirring the fire with his pen*s[/quote']

lmao...

and you can drink venom, its perfectly safem provided you have no cuts anywhere in you system

lmao...

and you can drink venom' date=' its perfectly safem provided you have no cuts anywhere in you system[/quote']

Showing Americans act tough, but aren't

There once was a Canadian' date=' Australian and american sitting around a camp fire. The Australian said "I'm the toughest person alive, I once killed a lion with my bare hands after he had killed twelve other men"

The Canadian sat there silent.......stirring the fire with his pen*s

I agree with the french thing BTW[/quote']

Bawhahahahahaha

Nice. And F the French :D

I was going to chuck a raging bull comment in there aswell but I thought most would get my point if I only mentioned on great fighter

If you mentioned Vic, im sure 90% would have no clue who you were talking about.

So in short he's a ****** bag.Te Anu? Never heard of him but if he's got the "maori spirit" then he's obviously not Australian.

I don't believe this, Kyle seems like a nice guy.

I don't believe this' date=' Kyle seems like a nice guy.[/quote']

If you've never met the guy in a real life situation then you don't know for sure.

If you've never met the guy in a real life situation then you don't know for sure.

Yeah, and you can't listen to what everyone says on the net either.

He's an Ausssie mate. Its a given.

We are all nice.

You wanna know how much BS that is? I could say that about Canadians, and people from Europe say that about themselves too but the truth is its ********. No matter which country your from.

You wanna know how much BS that is? I could say that about Canadians' date=' and people from Europe say that about themselves too but the truth is its ********. No matter which country your from.[/quote']

So you've been to Australia and know many Australians i take it ?

Champions? Bahahahaha in what sport? And how long ago

We were born Champions, we don't need to compete to know what is in our hearts...

And FYI, Australia is a sporting nation with many Champs

We were born Champions' date=' we don't need to compete to know what is in our hearts...

And FYI, Australia is a sporting nation with many Champs[/quote']

Well said. Aint that the truth.

So you've been to Australia and know many Australians i take it ?

Never been there, know a couple one is nice, the others are *** holes that are so full of themselves their heads will soon explode.

We were born Champions' date=' we don't need to compete to know what is in our hearts...

And FYI, Australia is a sporting nation with many Champs[/quote']

I can respect that.

Never been there' date=' know a couple one is nice, the others are *** holes that are so full of themselves their heads will soon explode.[/quote']

Then they aint REAL Australians or maybe your the problem. :D