Sign in to follow this  
Pessimist_Pete

Good Advice When Watson Told Michael Johnson to Lay n Pray

If you thought that was lay and praying than go watch K1 or boxing. Im just surprised you have so many posts in a UFC forum.

You are right. It was a failed attempt (on multiple occasions) to lay n pray. Even worse.

I disagree, Michael at least used some striking to get into the clinch to use his wrestling. Also he kept moving on the ground, didn't just lie on Leeroy. Attempted to pass guard, took his back a couple of times. Not to mention he gassed in the first round. Decent enough fight IMO.

I disagree' date=' Michael at least used some striking to get into the clinch to use his wrestling. Also he kept moving on the ground, didn't just lie on Leeroy. Attempted to pass guard, took his back a couple of times. Not to mention he gassed in the first round. Decent enough fight IMO.[/quote']

Yes I agree.

I disagree' date=' Michael at least used some striking to get into the clinch to use his wrestling. Also he kept moving on the ground, didn't just lie on Leeroy. Attempted to pass guard, took his back a couple of times. Not to mention he gassed in the first round. Decent enough fight IMO.[/quote']

Yeah I agree as well. He was trying to pass.

There is no doubt Leroy has a wicked triangle. MJ would throw a punch out there and you could immediately see Leroy was looking to tie up one arm and throw up the triangle.

Anyone who has done MMA knows, its pretty hard to punch someone, when they are good at triangles or arm bars. You throw one punch that they catch and all the sudden you are in danger. You have to keep control.

MJ was at least trying to pass the guard and do more punishment, but that Leroy is way tougher then I thought!

I couldn't disagree with Koscheck more. I thought it was a pretty good fight!

The gameplan was to get a decision win over Leroy. Johnson was interviewed on mmafanhouse and he specified the Lay N Pray tactic. He had no intention of ending the fight, it was a control fight.

If you watched the after show with Watson, Johnson and John Danaher, Danaher talks quite abit about the match up. He made an interesting point regarding this fight. That given the respective skill sets both fighters would have to go exactly to where their best chance of losing was to potentially win.

Bruce Leeroy's best shot to win was off his back, which short of getting that triangle or somehow switching Johnson to work to his back he was going to lose a UD or get TKo'd. For Johnson to win he had to be on top to either get a TKO or a UD, but be in the most danger of losing via triangle or getting switched if he got to agressive.

If you thought that was lay and praying than go watch K1 or boxing. Im just surprised you have so many posts in a UFC forum.

K1 max final 4 is airing in canada tommorow at about midnight on HDNet.

the event was on the 8th so the results are already posted on the K1 site.

about half the fights are finishes.

it is going to be ****ing insane.!

and K1 GP is dec 11th (I think)....early december......

I am looking forward to K1GP finals more than any UFC card.

Its nice to see that TUF is producing a new breed of lay n pray artists. Can't wait until Johnson gets in the big show so he can blanket opponents. Get the popcorn ready.

Troll

K1 max final 4 is airing in canada tommorow at about midnight on HDNet.

the event was on the 8th so the results are already posted on the K1 site.

about half the fights are finishes.

it is going to be ****ing insane.!

and K1 GP is dec 11th (I think)....early december......

I am looking forward to K1GP finals more than any UFC card.

gah don't bring up K1. Stupid Telus Satellite TV is dropping HDNET on Dec 7th 4 ****ing days before the K1 GP Finals.

The gameplan was to get a decision win over Leroy. Johnson was interviewed on mmafanhouse and he specified the Lay N Pray tactic. He had no intention of ending the fight' date=' it was a control fight.[/quote']

this. watkins said the same thing between rounds