Eddie Bravo

Shuberling

Eddie is just promoting the use of no-gi jiu jitsu. He uses the rubber guard as his primary tool to controlling the posture of opponents. I've been working on the rubber guard for 4 months and it's very effective.

Some of the BJJ community is comparable to a fundamentalist christian. So they think that Eddie is trying to end traditional Gi Jiu Jitsu by promoting his own style of No-Gi Jiu Jitsu which is more useful in todays MMA game.

Eddie is just promoting the use of no-gi jiu jitsu. He uses the rubber guard as his primary tool to controlling the posture of opponents. I've been working on the rubber guard for 4 months and it's very effective.

Some of the BJJ community is comparable to a fundamentalist christian. So they think that Eddie is trying to end traditional Gi Jiu Jitsu by promoting his own style of No-Gi Jiu Jitsu which is more useful in todays MMA game.

2 things, 1 ty for the explanation, now i understand, and 2, daaaammn, just realised i put this in wrong section.

Why is he hated by the BJJ community? I heard something like he tried to ruin BJJ by creating his own 'better' style' date=' but he said that was never his intentions, he just started it cause it always helped him against bigger guys.[/quote']

I don't see the point in hating Bravo for his rubber guard. If he is hated, then why doesn't said community hate Greg Jackson for his Guido Jitsu, or Dave Camarillo for his Guerrilla Jiu Jitsu?

Jackson has been hated for a LOOONG time.

And the hatred is going to get worse.

Yeah, anyone who has been competing in Gi Jiu Jitsu would hate these guys. Even though all of their techniques can translate into the Gi. The BJJ community just claim that they are not "inventors" of these techniques and that they have been their for a long time.

Yes' date=' but he's not hated for his personally crafted style of Jiu Jitsu. It is Greg Jackson that has Guido Jitsu, isn't it?[/quote']

Yeah' date=' anyone who has been competing in Gi Jiu Jitsu would hate these guys. Even though all of their techniques can translate into the Gi. The BJJ community just claim that they are not "inventors" of these techniques and that they have been their for a long time.[/quote']

I'll leave this thread so i dont get embarressed.

Carry along. :D

It's ok.

Eddie Bravo is a master of the sport though. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

The guy is a genius.

Yep the guy is a legend, he loves the original way but he's just found ways to create some different things from it.

He's totally respectful of the original way too so I hate when people diss him for his no gi/mma style

Yeah' date=' anyone who has been competing in Gi Jiu Jitsu would hate these guys. Even though all of their techniques can translate into the Gi. The BJJ community just claim that they are not "inventors" of these techniques and that they have been their for a long time.[/quote']

Didn't Bruce Lee do the same with ALL martial arts back in the 70's? Then he only used the "Useful" stuff & called it a new name. How does this differ????

Didn't Bruce Lee do the same with ALL martial arts back in the 70's? Then he only used the "Useful" stuff & called it a new name. How does this differ????

The rubber was not seen in the Gi world. His Twister control, his twister submission, his Jiu Claw, ect. It was all him. It's not just taking Gi BJJ and taking the best parts of it.

In other words, he expanded the techniques that where already available in the Gi world, and expanded the use of No Gi in the MMA world.

And he is one of the only people in the world who put weed to a good use. Most the pot heads I know are morons, Eddie Bravo gives them a good name.

Why is he hated by the BJJ community? I heard something like he tried to ruin BJJ by creating his own 'better' style' date=' but he said that was never his intentions, he just started it cause it always helped him against bigger guys.[/quote']

well they're probly pissed that this kid out of nowhere is making so much money with his new system... Eddie Bravo and his style are so completly famous when truth is very few if not 0 BJJ champs use his system.. And the best BJJ guys in MMA actually train with a Gi... Take Maia, Leithes, A.Silva, BJ Penn, GSP.. they all trained with a gi. I think it's good to train both but yeah... it's a pain in the *** of the traditionnalists..

Archived