Dear Dana White, Why are you always avoiding/dissing Ohio?

SamuraiHart

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21442/after-four-year-run-ufc-skipping-march-event-in-ohio-in-2011.mma

I'll never understand this...

I currently reside in Ohio, and we are a great MMA state.

In the area I live in, there are tons of MMA fans, great fans to that, and like this article states, there are a lot of local MMA fight cards and organizations being built.

Ohio is big into this sport, so why does Dana White always trash this place and always avoid it?

In the Ohio UFC shows held in the past, Ohio has sold out a butt ton of seats.

UFC 68 used to be the biggest attendance record in the UFC for a long period of time with 19,049 in attendance.

And there are some big numbers in UFC 77, 82, and 96.

So why do you, Dana White, have taken this huge disgust for Ohio and your shows?

I just don't understand...

Wow, some paranoid people live in Ohio. Zuffa has not dissed or avoided Ohio. They have put on a show there every year for the past four years. Consider yourselves lucky, other than Vegas not many places get that much repeat UFC business. As someone else stated, the UFC is continuing to expand its presence around the world. Any time they go into a new market, unless they are adding more shows to the schedule they have to take one away from somebody else. The March show looks like it will be in Abu Dhabi, hence Dana saying they will definitely not be back in Ohio in March. That doesn't mean they won't be back again in the future.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21442/after-four-year-run-ufc-skipping-march-event-in-ohio-in-2011.mma

I'll never understand this...

I currently reside in Ohio' date=' and we are a great MMA state.

In the area I live in, there are tons of MMA fans, great fans to that, and like this article states, there are a lot of local MMA fight cards and organizations being built.

Ohio is big into this sport, so why does Dana White always trash this place and always avoid it?

In the Ohio UFC shows held in the past, Ohio has sold out a butt ton of seats.

UFC 68 used to be the biggest attendance record in the UFC for a long period of time with 19,049 in attendance.

And there are some big numbers in UFC 77, 82, and 96.

So why do you, Dana White, have taken this huge disgust for Ohio and your shows?

I just don't understand...[/quote']

I heard that Dana is taking his talent to Southbeach;)

I dont think it has anything to do with disliking OHIO. It may have to do with trying to get into other countries and venues. Ohio has extremely supportive and its not like missing one year of events is going to damage the fan base. NExt year if they come people will be more likely to go because it might be the last event for some time.

UFC is trying to get into France, Ireland, China, as well as NYC and other states.

Vegas is th only constant for venues. UFC is trying to become global and need to spread around and offer fights to different places not just Ohio and Vegas.

Archived