Fitch vs Ellenberger

Pengu

Lose Lose situation for Fitch? I mean fitch has a boring but yet dominating 5 fight win streak, was promised the title shot, and now is facing Ellenberger

Anyone else here think if he wins this fights, that it. he gets the title shot, right after jake shields. unless gsp and koshcheck go into some controversial split decision kinda of a thing. and they have an immediate rematch

Its lose/lose for the fans, we are almost guaranteed a Fitch unanimous decision with almost no damage done and a lot of "close" submissions.

I say give Fitch a title shot either once he's about to set the record for consecutive UFC wins, or finish a fight, but the second is very unlikely.

Dont see any point in GSP/Fitch 2.

+1 when you get absolutely dominated in every part of the game into a lopsided UD, a rematch just isn't marketable. People know that there is absolutely no way fitch has excelled more than GSP since they last fought so no I dont see the point.

+1 when you get absolutely dominated in every part of the game into a lopsided UD' date=' a rematch just isn't marketable. People know that there is absolutely no way fitch has excelled more than GSP since they last fought so no I dont see the point.[/quote']

Fitch has improved loads while GSP has stayed the same level

Fitch is boring and pillow fisted. I dont understand why he doesnt train in Jiu Jitsu so he can at least finish or threaten fighters with a finish. Wrestling alone will never get him anywhere, he just doesnt train in other areas enough to ever be a champion. Eventually the damage he recieves will slow him down and he will be ice cold on his feet just like Vs. GSP, where he was literally made to look like a has-been reject.

Fitch is boring and pillow fisted. I dont understand why he doesnt train in Jiu Jitsu so he can at least finish or threaten fighters with a finish. Wrestling alone will never get him anywhere' date=' he just doesnt train in other areas enough to ever be a champion. Eventually the damage he recieves will slow him down and he will be ice cold on his feet just like Vs. GSP, where he was literally made to look like a has-been reject.[/quote']

FItch is a Black Belt in Dave Camarillo's Guerrilla Jiu-Jitsu.

I don't think this fight is totally lose lose for FItch. If by some stretch he can stop Ellenberger he pretty much guarantee's a title shot or at least another #1 contender fight. It seems Fitch may have actually learned something from getting his title shot yanked after another UD.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/280291/Jon-Fitch-has-revelation-about-low-fan-interest/

I guess we will see if that is true.

+1 when you get absolutely dominated in every part of the game into a lopsided UD' date=' a rematch just isn't marketable. People know that there is absolutely no way fitch has excelled more than GSP since they last fought so no I dont see the point.[/quote']

I wouldn't be too excited for it either, but for the record, BJ Penn completely dominated Matt Hughes in their first fight, and we saw how that rematch went. Every fight is different.

I love Fitch hes an animal' date=' he has such an iron chin and can take alot of damage, he deserves the title more than Shields or GSP[/quote']

You think Fitch deserves the belt because he is really good at getting punched in the face? We might as well make the squeaky-shoed guy from Kung Pow the champ based on that reasoning.

Fitch has improved loads while GSP has stayed the same level

What improvements do you see in Fitch's game now versus 2008? Because he looks like the same exact fighter to me. A dominant wrestler who refuses to risk losing position and is content to LnP his way to decision victories.

FItch is a Black Belt in Dave Camarillo's Guerrilla Jiu-Jitsu.

I don't think this fight is totally lose lose for FItch. If by some stretch he can stop Ellenberger he pretty much guarantee's a title shot or at least another #1 contender fight. It seems Fitch may have actually learned something from getting his title shot yanked after another UD.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/280291/Jon-Fitch-has-revelation-about-low-fan-interest/

I guess we will see if that is true.

if its anything like Lytles guerilla jiu jitsu than Fitch isnt using it. Lytle does some sick GJJ. Fitch must have low ring IQ because he doesnt do a whole lot in the ring other than contorl a guy for 15 minutes.

Archived