Why am I not excited about Machida vs Rampage?

KungFuMaster

Deep down in places where we don't like to go, the answers are crystal clear and the inevitable stares you in the face. Where cold is cold and hot is hot and where shades of gray do not exist, there lies the burden of truth no one wants to carry. Instead of talking about it, we suppress it into our innermost subconscious thoughts as if the thought never existed.

Well................... I am here to tell you, the thought does exist. We can deny it all we want but the reason no one wants to talk about this fight is because we already know the outcome and it is only a matter of time before Machida gets another crack at the LHW championship.

Deep down in places where we don't like to go' date=' the answers are crystal clear and the inevitable stares you in the face. Where cold is cold and hot is hot and where shades of gray do not exist, there lies the burden of truth no one wants to carry. Instead of talking about it, we suppress it into our innermost subconscious thoughts as if the thought never existed.

Well................... I am here to tell you, the thought does exist. We can deny it all we want but the reason no one wants to talk about this fight is because we already know the outcome and it is only a matter of time before Machida gets another crack at the LHW championship.[/quote']

intense, but oh so right.

+1000000

machida all the way!

:P

I'm excited to see the fight because both are coming off of losses and who will get there 2nd consecutive loss? And then I think about the potential future matchups after this fight. I wouldn't mind seeing Rampage vs Shogun again or Shogun vs Machida again or even Rampage vs Rashad....

All in all--I agree--Machida UD. And it will be an interesting fight. I don't think anyone's going to the ground in this one.

I am as torn on this one as I was for Couture/Nog, or Wandi/Ace

I have been a Rampage fan since Rumble on the Rock (pre PRIDE for you noobs) and a Machida fan since he beat BJ.

2 of my all time favorite fighters and I simply don't want to divide my loyalties.

But being objective, and as much as it pains me, this should be a clear cut Machida victory.

I would sure hate to see Page go out on a loss, which I think could happen in that case, even if it is to the guy who could prove to be one of the best ever.

Don't get me wrong folks, I am a huge Machida fan and I will be watching this fight. The reason I am not excited as I normally am for a Machida fight is because of the rumors circling Rampage. It is well known by now Rampage has not taken this fight seriously and has neglected his training all-together. As stated by Rampage himself, he is supposedly overwhelmed with the duties of being a father, owning a house and most importantly his movie tours and movie obligations.

Don't get me wrong on Rampage. I like the guy. He has been blessed with a good MMA career and now an acting opportunity. But as a fighter, he is no longer a threat to the LHW division. He is simply fighting to ensure a steady income for his family .....and I have no problem with that...

I hate to bring the hammer down on such a likable guy like Rampage but the truth must be told. He no longer trains or has the desire to train. It is no more about being a great fighter for Rampage. Instead, the priority is now set on the well-being of his family and I can respect and appreciate that....

So without further ado, I bestowed onto you, Rampage, the power of the gatekeeper. Ah- Mi - Toe - Ah - Mi - Toe toe toe

I now dub you, Gatekeeper. Now go .............and fulfill your destiny.

Deep down in places where we don't like to go' date=' the answers are crystal clear and the inevitable stares you in the face. Where cold is cold and hot is hot and where shades of gray do not exist, there lies the burden of truth no one wants to carry. Instead of talking about it, we suppress it into our innermost subconscious thoughts as if the thought never existed.

Well................... I am here to tell you, the thought does exist. We can deny it all we want but the reason no one wants to talk about this fight is because we already know the outcome and it is only a matter of time before Machida gets another crack at the LHW championship.[/quote']

im excited for this card because it looks like most of these guys want like to finish there fight. rampage machida penn and hughes arnt going to let it go to decision. and theres plenty more fights on the card as well.

Rampage gonna make the dragon think about 185 plus if he aint trainin hard......6-8 weeks going from 245-255 to 205.........yeah thats lazy ****

WAR RAMPAGE WAR!!!!!!!!! RAMPAGE VIA POWERBOMB

CUZ WE TAKIN OVA

If you want a debate, you'll have to provide evidence why Rampage will win. Otherwise, there is no point in arguing with you.

If you want a debate' date=' you'll have to provide evidence why Rampage will win. Otherwise, there is no point in arguing with you.[/quote']

Machida is horrible.. but so is Rampage.. but the thing about Rampage is everyone knows hes washed up, what they dont know is how fast Machida WILL BE washed up !

Everyone got on the dragon wagon once he knocked out Rashad.. give me a break !

Machida is like Silva.. they both wait for the opponent to engage then they counter.. you never see them stepping forward, or pushing the pace of the fight.. Sonnen showed what needs to be done to fighters like Machida and Silva ( minus the roids ), and i think Rampage will come out with the win because he will pressure Machida more than hes ever been before.

Also ! if Machida got droped by shogun and his love tap to the side of the head, then Rampage just needs to connect once and its all over..

For the record, i hate both Rampage and Machida.. and i couldnt care less who wins cuz they will never touch the light heavy weight belt again.

Machida is horrible.. but so is Rampage.. but the thing about Rampage is everyone knows hes washed up' date=' what they dont know is how fast Machida WILL BE washed up !

Machida is like Silva.. they both wait for the opponent to engage then they counter.. you never see them stepping forward, or pushing the pace of the fight.. Sonnen showed what needs to be done to fighters like Machida and Silva ( minus the roids ), and i think Rampage will come out with the win because he will pressure Machida more than hes ever been before.

Also ! if Machida got droped by shogun and his love tap to the side of the head, then Rampage just needs to connect once and its all over..

For the record, i hate both Rampage and Machida.. and i couldnt care less who wins cuz they will never touch the light heavy weight belt again.[/quote']

I don't know if you're serious....first off Machida is a very skilled martial artist. Shotokan Karate which is his main base. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and he hasn't shown that in his recent fights. Look up his past work. He has submitted people and has shown his under rated groud game. He also has very good TDD. Very good in the clinch if it goes there. So I don't know how you're bashing Machida purely on how elusive he is,and decides to stand.

Shogun hit him behind the ear and phased him. To finish him off he had to Ground and pound him. Rampage couldn't even catch Rashad till he was against the fence. Machida has the better foot work than Rashad and a better counter striker. When's the last time Rampage has actually used his wrestling? If he indeed decides too it won't be an easy task to keep him down there and when he keeps down Machida he has to show his submission defense. Machida will use that to keep Rampage focused on defending any submissions and just scramble to his feet. Rampage would most likely get flustered and start swinging where Machidas bread and butter is. Countering.

Also you say he'll never touch the belt again but this division is the most unpredictable division due to the styles of the fighters. They all can cancel each other out at any time if they fight smart. So to make a bold statement like that is lunacy.

Rampage has a boxing stance that makes his foot work very predictable. If he pressures he'll start coming forward. He won't do anything else. So Machida just has to time his striking and find his range once Rampage starts bobbing his head back and forth. That's all he needs to worry about in this fight.

Rampage also has to worry about leg kicks. Especially to the mid section. He'll have to put his arm low to not get hit there sometimes and leave the side of his head exposed for a counter. Rampage has power but that's all I see going for him.

Machida>Rampage.

I love Rampage and have for years, but I don't see how he doesn't get picked apart by Machida. Machida will engage and disengage faster than Rampage can land, and it will be just a matter of time till the leg kicks and punches do enough damage to force Rampage into some risk taking that will eventually get him floored. I hate to say it, but this is a horrible matchup for Rampage.

Rampage does not use the jab a whole lot and furthermore his power shots are not straight punches. To even come close to landing shots on Machida, Rampage will need to throw jabs and straight rights which he is not accustomed to doing so. As if this is not an overwhelming obstacle for Rampage, he still has to advance and pressure the dragon which he too is not accustomed to doing so.

Rampage has decent take downs which will not be good enough for the dragon as we all know the dragon has one of the best take down defenses in MMA.

Rampage has poor pressure-advancing hunting skills. He has never been able to hunt down a fighter in his career if I am not mistaken.

Rampage does not know how to use the reach advantages as we hardly ever see him use the jab effectively and throw straight shots.

Rampage doe not know how to fight from the outside. He does not know how to use kicks effectively from the outside. We have seen him being out-scored by Forest from the outside.

Rampage normally does not come in with a game plan.

Rampage usually comes into a fight expecting to bang in the center of the ring or octagon.

Rampage hardly ever uses his most viable asset which is his power and wrestling. Please don't post pics of Rampage's slams. I was a huge Pride fan.

Rampage fights like he is a passive counter puncher when he should be the aggressor.

I am sitting here doing a thorough analysis of Jackson and there seems to be nothing he does well. How did he manage to be successful in MMA? I know the answer but out of respect I will refrain from disclosing this information as he is a very likable guy and fighter.

I love Rampage and have for years' date=' but I don't see how he doesn't get picked apart by Machida. Machida will engage and disengage faster than Rampage can land, and it will be just a matter of time till the leg kicks and punches do enough damage to force Rampage into some risk taking that will eventually get him floored. I hate to say it, but this is a horrible matchup for Rampage.[/quote']

I agree. I like both fighters. If Rampage some how won I wouldn't be disappointed. He does deserve it if he's put the work into it. To see the old Page back would be epic.

I agree. I like both fighters. If Rampage some how won I wouldn't be disappointed. He does deserve it if he's put the work into it. To see the old Page back would be epic.

I'm definitely going to be pulling for him for MMA fantasy league purposes especially:p, but unless he gets beastly and super aggressive or Machida makes some very big mistakes I don't see Rampage getting his hand raised here. One thing with power though, power always gives you a chance.

I'm definitely going to be pulling for him for MMA fantasy league purposes especially:p' date=' but unless he gets beastly and super aggressive or Machida makes some very big mistakes I don't see Rampage getting his hand raised here. [b']One thing with power though, power always gives you a chance.[/b]

Exactly but unfortunately for Rampage his chances are poor. He can however defeat Machida if he comes in with a game plan. If not I'm afraid he'll just get outclassed in everything. Either way I'm so excited for this fight. As well as the Hughes/Penn fight.

Rampage also has to worry about leg kicks. Especially to the mid section. He'll have to put his arm low to not get hit there sometimes and leave the side of his head exposed for a counter. Rampage has power but that's all I see going for him.

Just out of curiousity..

How do you perform a leg kick to the mid-section? :P

Machida is horrible.. but so is Rampage.. but the thing about Rampage is everyone knows hes washed up' date=' what they dont know is how fast Machida WILL BE washed up !

Machida is like Silva.. they both wait for the opponent to engage then they counter.. [b']you never see them stepping forward[/b], or pushing the pace of the fight.. Sonnen showed what needs to be done to fighters like Machida and Silva ( minus the roids ), and i think Rampage will come out with the win because he will pressure Machida more than hes ever been before.

For the record, i hate both Rampage and Machida.. and i couldnt care less who wins cuz they will never touch the light heavy weight belt again.

Judging by that comment, you've never seen Machida fight.

I can't stand Machida, and I love Page............but stylistically, Machida has all the tools to frustrate Rampage, certainly UD him, and possibly TKO him. If he fights smart and uses his lateral speed and good footwork, he should be able to pepper Page with tons of leg kicks and jab/straights.........

However.....

If he attacks Rampage in the same fashion he did Shogun, which resulted in the big kabosh to GnP slaughter, we could see a repeat of that. Rampage throws some of the tighest, hardest hooks MMA has ever seen, and could very well land a nice counter during any Machida lunge. If Rampage lands a clean shot, softy-**** Machida will take a nap - believe it.

War Page

Judging by that comment' date=' you've never seen Machida fight.[/quote']

You'll see.. after watching the great "dragon" do nothing in the 2 fights with shogun, then get tko'd by shogun in the second fight pretty damn easy was convincing enough for me. Shogun easily won BOTH fights and if you give me any bull on how he lost the first i will find someway to hunt you down and physically replay Machida vs Shogun 2 for yea ;)

I didnt see anything from Machida that impressed me at all & dont think i am going to.. he might beat page but hes never getting that belt back.. im sorry to spoil it for you :(

nah just new to this and so freakin pumped cause not only my favorite fighters fighting (RAMPAGE JACKSON) but pretty much every single person on card is good ^^

Rampage viA HeadKick cC Styl3

That made me lol. He'd need that a kick like Cro Cops in his arsenal to defeat Lyoto.

If that were to happen.

wahlberg.gif

^ Reaction.

nah just new to this and so freakin pumped cause not only my favorite fighters fighting (RAMPAGE JACKSON) but pretty much every single person on card is good ^^

Rampage viA HeadKick cC Styl3

As long as you refrain from insulting other members, you will do just fine.

By the way, Rampage hardly ever kicks hehe...

Anyway, you seem to have a lot of energy. I can feel your energy from my computer desk and it's making me excited. :)

Exactly. Im not getting it. I dont want to see Rampage not throwing a single punch, while Machida dances around him getting the victory.

Hughes and Penn with be better but I expect Hughes to Dominate.

Yeah, not intrested

Exactly. Im not getting it. I dont want to see Rampage not throwing a single punch' date=' while Machida dances around him getting the victory.

Hughes and Penn with be better but I expect Hughes to Dominate.

Yeah, not intrested[/quote']

You are new to my threads. I hardly ever mean what I say in the title.

I like this event.

As long as you refrain from insulting other members' date=' you will do just fine.

[b']By the way, Rampage hardly ever kicks hehe...[/b]

Anyway, you seem to have a lot of energy. I can feel your energy from my computer desk and it's making me excited. :)

And never the head...

I can't stand Machida' date=' and I love Page............but stylistically, Machida has all the tools to frustrate Rampage, certainly UD him, and possibly TKO him. If he fights smart and uses his lateral speed and good footwork, he should be able to pepper Page with tons of leg kicks and jab/straights.........

However.....

If he attacks Rampage in the same fashion he did Shogun, which resulted in the big kabosh to GnP slaughter, we could see a repeat of that. Rampage throws some of the tighest, hardest hooks MMA has ever seen, and could very well land a nice counter during any Machida lunge. If Rampage lands a clean shot, softy-**** Machida will take a nap - believe it.

War Page[/quote']

After a few failed predictions I have noticed you have gone the safe way of making predictions.

So and so is going to bring it and it would be difficult to stop him. However if so and so decides to do this, he will may get caught by so and so.

I know how Rampage can win this fight. Whether or not he can take Machida down, he should hold on to the clinch as long as he can to drain the dragon. Machida has a low gas tank. His training does not involve heavy duty grappling and clinching.

This is one of the ways for Rampage to win or he could just hope to land a hard shot. But nothing Rampage do will be new to Machida and Machida should prevail in this fight. Stats say so. Styles say so. But most importantly, I say so :)

Archived