Fedor / Werdum mid 2011

UFCCagerattler

But Fedor will fight once before he rematches Werdum. Hope its Barnett.

Report: Fedor Emelianenko and Fabricio Werdum likely to meet in mid-2011?

Posted By Anton Gurevich Strikeforce News

Fabricio Werdum recently stated that he'll be looking for a "tune-up fight" before returning to the Strikeforce cage, against either Fedor Emelianenko or Alistair Overeem. And in light of Vadim Finkelstein's constant statements about having a rematch against Fabricio Werdum as main priority for Fedor Emelianenko's management, I decided to ask M-1 Global for a comment.

According to Finkelstein's response the situation did not change; however, Fedor might participate in a "tune-up fight" of his own. Here's Vadim Finkelstein's official statement in regards to Fabricio Werdum's interview with Aaron Tru:

"We are also looking for one fight before we'd like the re-match with Werdum. However, the rematch is extremely important for us; Fedor should have a chance to avenge his loss."

So, it looks like if both camps execute their plans, Fedor and Werdum will have a rematch approximately in mid-2011. This statement also opens an opportunity for a very interesting "tune-up fight" (sorry, can't stop using quotes for this one). Strikeforce has a very deep Heavyweight division, with the likes of Josh Barnett, Antonio Silva, and of course Alistair Overeem as potential opponents for Fedor and Werdum.

Speaking about Overeem, "The Demolition Man" declared on Ariel Helwani's MMA Hour show that the fight against Fabricio Werdum makes more sense to him:

"Personally, I think Werdum. Yep, Werdum, cause that makes sense," Overeem said. "I already fought Brett [Rogers] coming out of a loss to Fedor. People gave me a lot of [expletive] for that. 'Yeah, you're a fighting a guy who lost, this and that.' I'm not interested in doing that anymore. Let's stick to some sort of ranking and that rankings tell me Werdum beat Fedor. Now, in my opinion, Werdum is No. 2 and Fedor is No. 3, I would say [Antonio "Bigfoot"] Silva is No. 4."

We'll all agree that fighting Overeem is not exactly a "tune-up fight" Fabricio Werdum is talking about. That's why Japan looks like the most likely destination for "Vai Cavalo". In the land of the Rising Sun, Werdum may find himself in the ring against the likes of Pedro Rizzo vs Tim Sylvia Winner, Jeff Monson or Ricco Rodriguez (believe me, they'll postpone their drop down to 205 for that kind of fight). These are also the options Alistair Overeem has, in case he decides to postpone his return to Strikeforce.

As for Fedor, #3 P4P and #2 Heavyweight according to LowKick.com Community rankings, has Antonio Silva (if beats V. Overeem on December 4th) and of course Josh Barnett as possible opponents in Strikeforce. Personally, I would love to see "The Last Emperor" against Barnett. Fedor needs this fight to make a point, especially after Alistair Overeem stated he will defend his title only against fighter coming off a victory.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting. Yeah I don't think any of those guys are tune up fights lol

I really want to see Fedor/Barnett. Hopefully we get Werdum/Reem too.

Good read.

The winners of those two fights should meet for the championship.

Maybe SF will bring in Yvel and Kongo and let their top guys get in a few easy rounds.

Works for the UFC.

The winners of those two fights should meet for the championship.

Maybe SF will bring in Yvel and Kongo and let their top guys get in a few easy rounds.

Works for the UFC.

Was Kongo cut?

That does make the most sense. Kind of leaves Bigfoot out. I don't think he's anywhere near the belt though, and beating Valentijn isn't going to help him.

An interesting question:

Did Fedor/M1 ask Barnett (the first time he was supposed to face him) or did he ask Tim Sylvia to submit to olympic style drug testing before he fought them like they did to Overeem, when Overeem has never tested positive but both of them have?

The answer is no.

Question: Why?

pfft.. Overeem only fights every 3 years in Strikeforce... you have a bit of a wait for his next fight ;):P
.. Alistair is truly the artful dodger

And he just called himself a very active fighter.

I'm still laughing.

... ko'd in the '09 k1 finals & two mma fights since > fujita & rogers

I think he meant theoretically lol
... lol ^

that K1 knock out was nothing to be ashamed of lol

I like Hari & Overeem because they come to fight .. but >

Overeem = 15 losses w/ 9 by (t)ko

Hari = 12 losses w/ 7 by (t)ko ............... (Arlovskis' been (t)ko'd 6 times)

Hari is 2-2/ last 4, Schilt ko'd him early 1st rd w/ a body-kick in the '09 finals,

> poor defense & weak chins are a bad combo for any fighter ...

Fedor > 1 tko loss/ on paper

Werdum > 1 tko loss/ Junior

Barnett > 1 tko loss/ Rizzo

Silva > 1 tko loss/ Pele (it was bs)

Rogers > 2 tko losses/

Nogueira > 2 tko losses/

An interesting question:

Did Fedor/M1 ask Barnett (the first time he was supposed to face him) or did he ask Tim Sylvia to submit to olympic style drug testing before he fought them like they did to Overeem' date=' when Overeem has never tested positive but both of them have?

The answer is no.

Question: Why?[/quote']

It never happened.

ALl M1 wanted was for overeem to submit to normal drug testing because he had been hiding out in Europe and asia for 2 years.

I disagree.

I hope to god it's not Barnett' date=' who is Fedor's bff and isn't even Top 10.

That will be like an exhibition match.

Fedor needs to face Overeem or gtfo.[/quote']

Overeem wants Werdum ****.............so does Fedor.

Vs. Barnett would be an exhibition match? You're on glue...........they'd be looking to annihilate each other, friendship or not. They're both real competitors.

Smarten up.

An interesting question:

Did Fedor/M1 ask Barnett (the first time he was supposed to face him) or did he ask Tim Sylvia to submit to olympic style drug testing before he fought them like they did to Overeem' date=' when Overeem has never tested positive but both of them have?

The answer is no.

Question: Why?[/quote']

Fedor's contract with Affliction was entirely different than his contract with Strikeforce. He had no say in the matter while with Affliction as far as I know.............but because his deal with Strikeforce is more open, his team probably has more ability to speak up.

When the **** is Fedor just going to nut up and fight Alistair?

Damn' date=' Fedor.[/quote']

Let me fill you in..........

Fedor has recently challenged Overeem, but the timing was clearly terrible. Regardless, it's out there.

Overeem wants to fight WERDUM next because logically, that is who he SHOULD fight next.

Fedor wants a rematch with Werdum as soon as possible. Odds are, Fedor will fight either Bigfoot or Barnett or maybe even Kharitonov before getting a rematch with Werdum. After those two fights, if everything is lined up still, he'll probably fight Reem.

Mark my words, Fedor and Overeem will fight at some point in the next 2 years.

Let me fill you in..........

Fedor has recently challenged Overeem' date=' but the timing was clearly terrible. Regardless, it's out there.

Overeem wants to fight WERDUM next because logically, that is who he SHOULD fight next.

Fedor wants a rematch with Werdum as soon as possible. Odds are, Fedor will fight either Bigfoot or Barnett or maybe even Kharitonov before getting a rematch with Werdum. After those two fights, if everything is lined up still, he'll probably fight Reem.

Mark my words, Fedor and Overeem will fight at some point in the next 2 years.[/quote']

Why do borkettes live behind the curve & spew irrelevance ?

chickenjoke.gif

I don't know if Colbert is a Borker or not..........he hasn't been around in ages' date=' I forget.

I'll give him the benfit of the doubt and say he's just out of the loop.

One free pass :)[/quote']

He's been around lol

Just under another alias

Fedor's contract with Affliction was entirely different than his contract with Strikeforce. He had no say in the matter while with Affliction as far as I know.............but because his deal with Strikeforce is more open' date=' his team probably has more ability to speak up.[/quote']I say you're talking out of your ***.

Provide some evidence of this.

M1 were Fedor's management when he was with Affliction as well and negotiated all of the terms of his fights. They could have asked for a test if they wanted to as it would have been outside of what the is expected from the commision just like it is in Strikeforce.

Their request for Overeem to be tested had nothing to do with Strikeforce just like it would have had nothing to do with Affliction if he had asked Sylvia and Barnett to be tested as well.

Overeem wants Werdum ****.............so does Fedor.

Vs. Barnett would be an exhibition match? You're on glue...........they'd be looking to annihilate each other' date=' friendship or not. They're both real competitors.

Smarten up.[/quote']Overeem wants Werdum only now that he beat Fedor in 69 seconds. He wanted Fedor for close to a year before that and Fedor decided to face Werdum instead.

I've made this account bet with you before Ex but you wouldn't take it,

Fedor fights Overeem: I leave.

He doesn't fight him within his next 3 fights: You leave

If you want to put your money where your mouth is I'm more than game.

If that's too much for you we can sig bet it. A nice hefty year long sig.

I've made this account bet with you before Ex but you wouldn't take it' date='

If that's too much for you we can sig bet it. A nice hefty year long sig.[/quote']

No no no........I'm the revisionist? Please........

You created a thread, and in it, you said anyone who posts here would be taking an account bet that Fedor would not fight Overeem for his next fight. Like all of your nonsense, just another mickey mouse thread.

Are you remaking the bet with the stipulation that it be in his next 3 fights now?

Regardless, Overeem has stated he wants Werdum next anyway........which is the logical fight.

Unlike you, I don't stay up a night biting my fingernails worrying about when and who fighters fight. Barnett, Bigfoot, Werdum, Overeem, Kharitonov are all solid fights for Fedor right now, so I could care less who it is.

The timing wasn't terrible. It was calculated. A little PR manuever to save face.

People drop out of the GP all the time for a variety of reasons. If Overeem really wanted to, he could have left with no problems. I don't blame him for not though - he wants to pursue K-1 as well, that's fine. I love K-1, so rock and roll.

You create drama in a man sport son. You talk about MMA like women talk about Desperate Housewives. You really are like the Perez Hilton of this place.

I've made this account bet with you before Ex but you wouldn't take it' date='

If that's too much for you we can sig bet it. A nice hefty year long sig.[/quote']

> Still singing .. "Fedor is afraid of Overeem", you pathetic irellevant troll,

& thats a no-gain wager for Ex9mm, you're already invisible here at the forum ...

How many of your crap-threads have been deleted, 8-9 in the last week ?

.........................................................turtle008.gif

No no no........I'm the revisionist? Please........

You created a thread' date=' and in it, you said anyone who posts here would be taking an account bet that Fedor would not fight Overeem for his next fight. Like all of your nonsense, just another mickey mouse thread.

Are you remaking the bet with the stipulation that it be in his next 3 fights now?

Regardless, Overeem has stated he wants Werdum next anyway........which is the logical fight.

Unlike you, I don't stay up a night biting my fingernails worrying about when and who fighters fight. Barnett, Bigfoot, Werdum, Overeem, Kharitonov are all solid fights for Fedor right now, so I could care less who it is.[/quote']

I figure 3 fights covers the realistic timeframe of when Fedor will actually face Overeem if he ever does. We can change it to 4 if that makes you more comfortable. Otherwise we will be waiting for the end of Fedor's career for our bet to take place when God only knows what's that's going to happen - he could end up in Japan fighting sideshows for the next 10 years for all we know.

It only makes logical sense that Fedor will face the Strikeforce champion and most compelling matchup for him at Strikeforce if he isn't ducking.

So is he is? Or isn't he?

Account bet or Sig bet?

You in or out?

People drop out of the GP all the time for a variety of reasons. If Overeem really wanted to' date=' he could have left with no problems. I don't blame him for not though - he wants to pursue K-1 as well, that's fine. I love K-1, so rock and roll.

You create drama in a man sport son. You talk about MMA like women talk about Desperate Housewives. You really are like the Perez Hilton of this place.[/quote']

celebrity-pictures-perez-hilton-more-often.jpg?w=344&h=344

scuzballs >

> Still singing .. "Fedor is afraid of Overeem"' date=' you pathetic irellevant troll,

& thats a no-gain wager for Ex9mm, you're already invisible here at the forum ...

How many of your crap-threads have been deleted, 8-9 in the last week ?

.........................................................[img']http://www.animation-station.com/turtles/images/turtle008.gif[/img]

Unlike you I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is and put my account up to stand behind my opinion - instead of just randomly insult people and come for Exodus' defense like his slower younger brother.

You and I could make the bet if you have the stones.

I'm sure you'll find a way to duck out of this though just like your hero Fedor.

*Waits for Beserker's excuse*

Fedor fighting Overeem next doesn't make sense at all from a Strikeforce perspective. Overeem just stated he isn't fighting guys coming off losses (rightfully so). Werdum is next in line to fight Overeem, and that's the fight that should happen.

Fedor wants to avenge his loss, and nobody in MMA deserves it more than him. But he'll have to wait.

So in the meantime, you're looking at Silva/Barnett, then maybe a Werdum rematch. Who knows what will happen in those 2 fights. Who knows how Werdum/Reem will go down.

Why would I bet you anything? As Beserker pointed out truthfully, you're the laughing stock of this place. That would be like Junior Dos Santos (me) betting Rolles Gracie (you) on a Perez Hilton topic to determine who stays in the UFC.

Fedor ducking...........you're a ****ing gluehead man.

Archived