Penn v Hughes

Von_Kaiser

Wow, I just went back 4 pages and didn't see a single thread about Penn/Hughes. I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm really looking forward to this fight. Hughes is on a hot streak and BJ has a lot to prove so I think we'll see both fight at a very high level. What are some of your takes or opinions on the fight?

Wow' date=' I just went back 4 pages and didn't see a single thread about Penn/Hughes. I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm really looking forward to this fight. Hughes is on a hot streak and BJ has a lot to prove so I think we'll see both fight at a very high level. What are some of your takes or opinions on the fight?[/quote']

Penn via whatever he wants.

There's so much pressure on BJ for this fight.

Hughes is on a 3 fight roll, and most people expected him to be pretty much done and out of the WW picture at this point. He looks loose and appears to be enjoying his time in the cage now.......

BJ however, is two fights removed from being the most dominant LW champion in UFC history. His first loss to Edgar was a shocker to most.............but then getting obliterated even worse the second time made a lot of heads spin. BJ looked tired and uninspired, and this is a BIG fight to try and turn things around.

But one thing you can always say about BJ - he fights top competition always.......win or lose. And I love him for that.

This is also the rubber match, so there is serious bragging rights at stake here too.

I think the pressure to win is much heavier on Penn, and typically, that's a good thing for BJ. A third loss in a row would have his career at a low point and fans wondering how much longer he'll continue to fight.

Very stoked for this fight - I hope my boy Penn can find that spark and get back to his winning ways.

I am soo excited for this fight. The thing is bro. That the reason no one is talking about it is because there is no bad for this fight. This is not Sonnen vs Silva when Chael talked all that trash and 99.9% back3d it up. he just fell short though.

This is a (not a bad blood) fight. You must understand that. People will argue all over the internet about this stuff. But you must understand that more people right now are talking about james mcsweeny more than this fight card.

There is no bad blood in the whole fight card so you must realize that its it. There is nothing else to say about it. After the fights,

you got these people:

- the complainers

- the braggers

- the "bandwagon" brand new "REALLY NOT" fans

- HYPE HYPE HYPE

- Then you got the people like me. We know who won. Nothing else happened. The winner is the winner. I accept that and congratulate the winner. These are 5 things that i listed. As you can see, our forum is crashed with more than 80% of fans who have to have it their way and are never satisfied.

YES, then you will get about 5 full pages from UFC 123. Its sad though. I told my dad i would go to the 7pm football game. I don't think we will come home unless a blowout. But i doubt that. So i might have to watch it the next morning which suks bad.

Do you think we will see the loser of this fight again?

I agree that both fighters have more to offer but Hughes must at the end of his contract.. Will he re-sign?

What has BJ got left in him. He has the skills but how much juice is left in his heart if he loses.

Intresting to see post fight....

Archived