Is streaming from the UFC site worth getting?

ichimoku22

I was away from my home during UFC 100, so I paid for and watched that event on my macbook pro from ufc.com, with a wireless usb card, and it worked perfectly. The card wasn't very fast at all, and so it buffered every 10 minutes or so, but only for a few seconds, then right back to where it left off. Will do it again when I need to.

I do it for every event for 2 reasons. 1) Free unaired prelims. 2) I can watch it as much as i want for 24 hours, while if you order it through the TV it's a one-time only thing.

If you have a slow broadband network I wouldn't reccomend it though. The pauses will get annoying, and though it picks up right where it left off, the quality of the stream will have to reset every time, so it'll likely be a rather poor quality all night if you have a slow connection. If you have a decent broadband though this shouldn't happen. I connect my laptop to the TV so I can watch it on the TV, and it almost always has great quality. Pretty much if you have a decent broadband you should be fine.

Archived