The Gamers Thread

Fatality911

lol' date=' i am about the worst gamer on the planet....lmfao.

latley i have just tried this game for ps3 called dragon age origis.....kinda like WOW. i suck *** at it, but i really dont play games for any other purpose than tio just have a bit of fun. i am not serious at all.[/quote']

Im a steady gamer but i just do it for fun. Im not gonna lie though, I have sent a few controlers flying across my living room and into my wall.

Some things in my head right now.

Page 1 of the Halo Reach bible:

Why is the stupid laser beam weapon only effective when used against me

Elite slayer means stickies and armor lock if you want to win

lol. i am terrible at halo. its fun' date=' but i dont have the reflexes to play it :D

Same here, I smashed one about a month ago playing Resident Evil 5.

oh man......playing gta.....couldnt shake the cops....grrr:mad:...bye bye comtroller :D

lol. i am terrible at halo. its fun' date=' but i dont have the reflexes to play it :D

oh man......playing gta.....couldnt shake the cops....grrr:mad:...bye bye comtroller :D[/quote']

I just kept geting killed in the same spot literally like 12 different times. Im gonna have to start putting padding on my walls lol.

i havent gotten a chance to play it yet....is it differnent(as in better) than the first one?

It's superior to the first in all respects. And the storyline is a continuation. You can import you character from ME1 and continue it into ME2 with some better starting stats and such.

Huge game with lots of different ways to play it.

Love it.

It's superior to the first in all respects. And the storyline is a continuation. You can import you character from ME1 and continue it into ME2 with some better starting stats and such.

Huge game with lots of different ways to play it.

Love it.

hmm then i may have to go get it, cause i enjoyed the first one

I'm really looking forward to the 3DS. I was never really a portable gamer until the DS. I owned a gameboy and gameboy advance but they mostly collected dust, but my DS got a lot of play time, whether it was snes remakes or games designed to use the touch screen I just had a lot of fun with it. Now the 3DS seems to improve in every way and it will capable of displaying 3d movies with no need for glasses. I think that's gonna be great. I don't know if I will get one at launch though. $250 is a lot for a console that doesn't hook to my tv.

I game on 360 as well as ps3 mianly playing black ops, madden, nba 2k 11, modern warfare 2 , assassins creed, etc. and i also have sent a few controllers to instant death via my wall lol . kinda funny how something like a game can make me soooo pissed off lol oh well still fun. id play ufc alot more if the game was actually good with a good single player mode but its pretty stupid

as far as the balck ops argument goes. it is alot easier to die more and the maps are alright, but the single player campaign mode is sooo much better then mw2. Great story line and graphics just wish it was longer than a 7 hour campaign. I have heards reports that Modern Warfare 3's campaign will be over a hundred hour campaign and will take alot of time which is good if you ask me.

I game on 360 as well as ps3 mianly playing black ops' date=' madden, nba 2k 11, modern warfare 2 , assassins creed, etc. and [b']i also have sent a few controllers to instant death via my wall lol . kinda funny how something like a game can make me soooo pissed off lol [/b]oh well still fun. id play ufc alot more if the game was actually good with a good single player mode but its pretty stupid

hehe welcome to the club brother :D

I game on 360 as well as ps3 mianly playing black ops' date=' madden, nba 2k 11, modern warfare 2 , assassins creed, etc. and i also have sent a few controllers to instant death via my wall lol . kinda funny how something like a game can make me soooo pissed off lol oh well still fun. id play ufc alot more if the game was actually good with a good single player mode but its pretty stupid

as far as the balck ops argument goes. it is alot easier to die more and the maps are alright, but the single player campaign mode is sooo much better then mw2. Great story line and graphics just wish it was longer than a 7 hour campaign. I have heards reports that Modern Warfare 3's campaign will be over a hundred hour campaign and will take alot of time which is good if you ask me.[/quote']

If it's true that the campaign mode will be over 100 hours...Im psyched.

Ive got PS3 & Xbox360

Hardly play on them anymore.

Since i got my new pc.

Im always now on Steam.

When i do play on the Xbox its usaully for Fifa11 with my mates.

Last game i completed was Batman - Arkum Asylum.

It was only ?10 on steam. so yeah good deal.

Game im playin atm is Bioshock2

Im a steady gamer but i just do it for fun. Im not gonna lie though' date=' I have sent a few controlers flying across my living room and into my wall.[/quote']

Can't afford to that, so I normally just scream some obscenities at the top of my lungs, punch the couch a few times then i'm good. Now just need to stop doing that at 4 in the morning...

oh man......playing gta.....couldnt shake the cops....grrr:mad:...bye bye comtroller :D[/quote']

Halo sucks IMO, and yes I am the worst Halo player ever. Prefer COD anyway.

XBOX 360 Player here, FIFA, COD and any of the recent Street Fighter games. Anyone interested in matches PM me. Also anyone play Marvel vs Capcom 2??? Big fan of that game but not much people seem to know it...

Can't afford to that' date=' so I normally just scream some obscenities at the top of my lungs, punch the couch a few times then i'm good. Now just need to stop doing that at 4 in the morning...

XBOX 360 Player here, FIFA, COD and any of the recent [b']Street Fighter[/b] games. Anyone interested in matches PM me. Also anyone play Marvel vs Capcom 2??? Big fan of that game but not much people seem to know it...

ill let you know when i get Xbox Live again then ill play some Super SF4 with you, also MvC3 is coming out next year it looks sick, i traded in 2 but i loved that game

Can't afford to that' date=' so I normally just scream some obscenities at the top of my lungs, punch the couch a few times then i'm good. Now just need to stop doing that at 4 in the morning...

XBOX 360 Player here, FIFA, COD and any of the recent Street Fighter games. Anyone interested in matches PM me. Also anyone play Marvel vs Capcom 2??? Big fan of that game but not much people seem to know it...[/quote']

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 was nuts. That was one of my favs on Dreamcast. The new one looks very impressive. I used to dream of the day when they could pull off 3d games that looked like hand drawn 2d games and it seems that we are there. Gotta love it.

The Elder Scrolls 5 rumors.

Elder Scrolls was the game that convinced me to get a 360, I was going to wait for PS3 (since all the rumors at the time was that it would be SO much better) but once I saw that game at my friends house I just had to get it.

I read an article with Todd Howard (the lead at Bethesda) where he said it would be running on an all new engine that was such an improvement that it would look like it was running on an new console. I can't wait for this game to steal another 250 hours of my life.,

Elder Scrolls was the game that convinced me to get a 360' date=' I was going to wait for PS3 (since all the rumors at the time was that it would be SO much better) but once I saw that game at my friends house I just had to get it.

I read an article with Todd Howard (the lead at Bethesda) where he said it would be running on an all new engine that was such an improvement that it would look like it was running on an new console. I can't wait for this game to steal another 250 hours of my life.,[/quote']

You got off easy with 250.

I beat ES 4 with just about every character combination you can think of. It took up my whole year lol.

what is this elder scolls game. I don't want to watch youtube vid. just tell me.

Probably the best RPG the 360 has come out with. Customizable characters, customizable stats, customizable weapons, you can pretty much turn your character into anyone you want them to be. And the world is huge! You can play it for months on end and still not finish everything.

Probably the best RPG the 360 has come out with. Customizable characters' date=' customizable stats, customizable weapons, you can pretty much turn your character into anyone you want them to be. And the world is huge! You can play it for months on end and still not finish everything.[/quote']

final fantasy for xbox?

final fantasy for xbox?

Way better than Final Fantasy. Once you get started on the game and start leveling up, you can't put it down and you actually find yourself throughout the day thinking about what else you can do to your character or which mission you want to do next. It's that addicting.

what is this elder scolls game. I don't want to watch youtube vid. just tell me.

It's a role playing game that will DESTROY your life. You're able to create a character from a huge number of options at the outset that just expands as the game goes on. You're able to be multiple different character races (human, elf, orc, etc.) and classes that effect your strangths to start out, you can be good, bad, a warrior, an archer, a thief, a sorcerer, a vampire or any combo of those you want and on top of that in each category there are multiple options. You can be a warrior who's good with one handed swords, two handed, blunt weapons, hand to hand, etc. The best part to me was that your character levels up based on your play style and all the options given to you actually effect how you play and how characters react to you. If you want to be good with a certain spell you have to use that specific spell to level up. Also each race has their own strengths, some are good with certain weapons, others can breath underwater. Also you can buy houses, horses, join guilds, all types of stuff. All in all it's all pretty standard rpg fare that can be found in other games but it's just done to such an in depth degree that it feels like so much more than the sum of it's parts.

I said 250 hours before I should clarify that was on my first character and even in that span I hadn't gone through every dungeon on the map.

The game is 5 years old now so the tech behind it doesn't impress as much but as far as fantasy rpg's it's still top of the heap in my opinion.

Way better than Final Fantasy. Once you get started on the game and start leveling up' date=' you can't put it down and you actually find yourself throughout the day thinking about what else you can do to your character or which mission you want to do next. It's that addicting.[/quote']

Yeah technically they are both rpgs but they are like apples and oranges. If Final Fantasy is the epitome of japanese rpgs, then Elder scrolls is the epitome of western rpgs. Completely open world, realtime battles, open dialogue, open everything really. If you really want to get engrossed in a game and you like the European style of fantasy style stuff you can't go wrong with this game. Plus you can probably find it for 20 or 30 bucks now. I think the game of the year edition is a platinum hits game now.

Archived