Sign in to follow this  
UMCMMA

Rampage win is justified

Its judged round by round not the fight as a whole, Rampage had Round two with his takedown and Lyoto had round 3, Round 1 could have gone either way all you Machida Bandwagoners or rampage haters need to STFU because it was a legitimate win for Rampage.

If it was judged as a whole yes Machida has it. but its not so Rampage with the justified win.

http://modulesorigin.ufc.com/live/?systemId=595e115b-bf6c-4485-b549-3d0356c653c3&playerContextId=f563ad34-99cf-42f7-954f-f43c0f6f6e33

Rampage had control the first 2 rounds with knees against the fence, elbows to the leg, and even threw some leg kicks.. He also took Machida down the 2nd round.. He clearly won this fight.. Like I said before it takes a lot more than what machida did in the 3rd round to win 2 points in a round.

Its judged round by round not the fight as a whole' date=' Rampage had Round two with his takedown and Lyoto had round 3, Round 1 could have gone either way all you Machida Bandwagoners or rampage haters need to STFU because it was a legitimate win for Rampage.

If it was judged as a whole yes Machida has it. but its not so Rampage with the justified win.[/quote']

No matter what, Round 1 or 2 could have not gone either way. In Round 1 Rampage was the aggressor, controlled Machida in the clinch, pounding him in the clinch while Machida was just sleeping. All Machida did in Round 1 was some weak leg-kicks at the first minute or two.

Rampage is back baby!!!!!

He's back? He hardly landed a punch that whole fight, and never did a single slam. He was far more aggrressive than his previous fights and might have got the decision, but he really didn't do anything.

Rampage had control the first 2 rounds with knees against the fence' date=' elbows to the leg, and even threw some leg kicks.. He also took Machida down the 2nd round.. He clearly won this fight.. Like I said before it takes a lot more than what machida did in the 3rd round to win 2 points in a round.[/quote']

This

He's back? He hardly landed a punch that whole fight' date=' and never did a single slam. He was far more aggrressive than his previous fights and might have got the decision, but he really didn't do anything.[/quote']

Because Machida **** a brick and jumped twenty feet away wen rampage lifted him up lol

1st round-

Rampage 10-9

More head/power shots landed, more aggressiveness.

2nd round-

Rampage 10-9

Got the takedown, more aggressiveness, octagon control. Outstriked Machida while against/pressing the cage.

3rd round-

Machida 10-9

Machida rocked Page, outstriked him, got the takedown.

29-28 Rampage.

despite my extreme disappointment right now... Rampage won... as a person that believe Shogun wasn't robbed and that Machida legitimately won their first fight, I have to concede that Rampage won...

its more than just strike counts, but effectiveness of those strikes... round at a time... and even when Machida had the dominate position in the clinch Rampage would use elbows...

the thing about Machida is that he likes to pick and choose his strikes... where his last few opponents will strike when given the opportunity simply because it makes points... Machida should have returned in kind but didn't... too bad...

Because Machida **** a brick and jumped twenty feet away wen rampage lifted him up lol

It's good to see Rampage is still a powerhouse that was not an easy thing to do although I wished Machida had held on for the ride!

Rampage lost the fight' date=' but he won the decions. I won't be crying for machida, though, as it's karma for shogun 1.[/quote']

I agree that Machida should have had 2 losses entering this fight but I could see this fight being scored a draw because of it being 3 rounds. First round was close, second to Page and third to Machida.

Rampage demostrated great octagon control in cutting Machida off, not letting him get settled

He won fair and square

Anyone who doesn't think so is a deluded Machida fanboy

Rampage won. Razor thin as it may be. He won split decision.

I don`t wanna see any more immediate rematches.

Give Rampage winner of Jones vs Bader

Giver Machida loser of Jones Bader.

Hell yeah Jack I agree with all of this.

I like rampage and I'm happy he got the win. But come on , Rd was a draw at best , Machida won rd2 and rd3 pretty clear. Even Rampage knows he lost.

Its judged round by round not the fight as a whole' date=' Rampage had Round two with his takedown and Lyoto had round 3, Round 1 could have gone either way all you Machida Bandwagoners or rampage haters need to STFU because it was a legitimate win for Rampage.

If it was judged as a whole yes Machida has it. but its not so Rampage with the justified win.

http://modulesorigin.ufc.com/live/?systemId=595e115b-bf6c-4485-b549-3d0356c653c3&playerContextId=f563ad34-99cf-42f7-954f-f43c0f6f6e33[/quote']

I felt Machida won. Rampage even thought so. :)

I felt Machida won. Rampage even thought so. :)

Rampage was thinking of the third round as his assesment of the fight overall. No fighter should be proud of a win like that especially when Machida did some asskicking in the third round and thats why rampage acted that way and wanted immediate rematch. Machida is the only fighter who would be proud of a win he did noot earn and i i dont think karma is the right word here since quintons decision was justified.

http://modulesorigin.ufc.com/live/?systemId=595e115b-bf6c-4485-b549-3d0356c653c3&playerContextId=f563ad34-99cf-42f7-954f-f43c0f6f6e33[/quote']

Machida was robbed.

End of story.

Rampage was thinking of the third round as his assesment of the fight overall. No fighter should be proud of a win like that especially when Machida did some asskicking in the third round and thats why rampage acted that way and wanted immediate rematch. Machida is the only fighter who would be proud of a win he did noot earn and i i dont think karma is the right word here since quintons decision was justified.

No fighter should be proud to run all night and squeak out a win,justice was served.Fighters take note,try and win boring and you will lose more often.

Rua already got his payback so the karma talk just doesn't apply. I agree with that and the first two rounds were close with no one in clear control. The third imo is what sealed it for Lyoto. I'm disappointed with the outcome but hey, an mma fight isn't seen the same from person to person. So, good job to Rampage and Machida and I look forward to the rematch.