Sign in to follow this  
Raptor_45

How was Lyoto suppose to hit Rampage when he constantly hugged him, then ran?

Like that was a stand-up version of lay and pray. Maybe we should have called it "hug and pray?" Rampage looked like such a ***** tonight! Every time Lyoto tried to counter, Rampage backed up! A real fighter would engage, not step back after taking his cheap shots.

Not sure if you watched the same fight or not but I saw a Rampage which through punches when they separated atleast in the first round or two

Like that was a stand-up version of lay and pray. Maybe we should have called it "hug and pray?" Rampage looked like such a ***** tonight! Every time Lyoto tried to counter' date=' Rampage backed up! A real fighter would engage, not step back after taking his cheap shots.[/quote']

your f.u.cking stupid you know that right. Rampage looked excelent and i believe he won the 1st and 2nd round how dare you call a professional athlete a ***** im pretty sure he would **** you up in a heart beat so wtf are you talking about

Like that was a stand-up version of lay and pray. Maybe we should have called it "hug and pray?" Rampage looked like such a ***** tonight! Every time Lyoto tried to counter' date=' Rampage backed up! A real fighter would engage, not step back after taking his cheap shots.[/quote']

Then why don't you get in there and show them what a real fighter is.

Oh.. wait..

I tried to get my girlfriend to watch it with me, but considering it was the first and only MMA fight she's ever seen, she fell asleep during round 2 after constant wall and stalling. I was intently focused, but still. Just sayin'.

You're an idiot, Lyoto was the one running away the whole fight... Rampage was the one engaging and running him down then when it went to the fence Lyoto tied him up because he didn't want to get reigned on with punches... Watch the fight again buddy!

Its funny how the machida fan boys would just expect Rampage to fight Machida's fight

But they need to know Rampage fought his own fight against Machida and won

Now they are all acting like they have been butt hurt

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

no because backpeddaling is more aggresive because yeah and then wall and stall and then shogun had a lucky punch and stuff and karate is still the best out there because instead of looking to finish i need fighters to stay still and then i do sumo because it is more efficient than anything else

sense is not supposed to be made here, i am bundling all of macheeto fanboys arguments into one

your f.u.cking stupid you know that right. Rampage looked excelent and i believe he won the 1st and 2nd round how dare you call a professional athlete a ***** im pretty sure he would **** you up in a heart beat so wtf are you talking about

lol...EXTRA butthurt^^^^

That's what you need to do to keep Machida from running away. I knew it was gonna be a cat and mouse fight but it was an ugly win by Rampage. Machida was fighting not to lose and Rampage was fighting to win.

Brock needed to lose that way when

He gets his title back people won't

Say he didn't deserve it.

Dream match

Anderson Silva vs Fedor Emelianenko

Dominating Rampage (getting better exchanges in the stand up)' date=' scoring take downs and dominating the fight on the ground as well. Rampage just hugged him a lot.[/quote']

1. Rampage got the better exchanges.

2. Machida did not score a takedown in the first two rounds, Rampage did.

3. Machida just pussied out a lot.

4. Punching while hugging is not what normal people would call hugging, get checked.

5. Rampage won Round 1 and 2, the fight isn't scored by counting all rounds in one:

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2010/11/rampage-vs-machida-fightmetric-report.html

Lyoto won imo... He took rampage down and almost had an armbar in the second... and easily won the third.

Fail... Rampage took Lyoto down in the second. Lyoto's TD/failed armbar attempt/almost awesome slam was in the 3rd (which I agree was his round).

Rampage won rounds 1 and 2 and proved tonight that he's still definitely a contender considering not a lot of people were giving him a chance @ beating Machida.

Oh my god! I was hoping you had died since I havent seen you on here in a while. No such luck...

Why do people expect Rampage to fall into Machida's style of fighting?

Is it because they are so deluded to believe a "noob" as they say about Rampage would have "no chance" against Machida or that they have only heard and seen about Rampage based of the Evans fight.

It was a boxer vs karate kind of fight

The leg kicks Machida were landing on Page did work well but Machida didn't use then like he should have

I'm glad to see Quinton improving his weakness in the clinch against someone like Machida

Those clinches Rampage had against Machida and vica versa are all part of mma

Great to see Page use his wrasslin again and actually controlling a very talent BJJ guy on the ground

Rampage fought his own fight and won

Not the best fight but still a legit win (Machida is a not a can)

Machida fans need to stop the snobbery and accept Rampage is for real

Yes Page still needs more work but he is on his way back to the top

ok im not even a machida fan but im pretty sure machida won that fight

even joe rogan and rampage were sayin the reason he must hev won was because of aggression which is really all he dominated in imo

you posting during the lion show, before they call you out to do the segway in the clown car?

Seriously, you have to be stupid to whine about a fighter being elusive and not engaging, in order to defend Machida.... its his whole freaken game...

I don't believe Latoya (yeah I know how it's really spelled, but Michael's sister's name fits his fighting style better) didn't land a single decent shot throughout the first two rounds. He ran and ran just like the Leben fight. Whoever above said step in and show him how it's done... I don't think there are many people who would be scared to fight Machida. He might win, but he certainly can't hurt you... he fights like point karate.

I understand that you don't want to stand in and trade punches all the time, but it took him two rounds to ENGAGE. I had it 10-9 (J) 10-9 (J) and 10-9 (M) and don't even try to push rnd 3 out s a 10-8 for Machida, he definitely won it but no more convincingly than Jackson won 2.

Bottom line is, If you are afraid to take shots and engage, maybe it's time to go back to point karate and put yourself up on a pricy little pedestal

ok im not even a machida fan but im pretty sure machida won that fight

even joe rogan and rampage were sayin the reason he must hev won was because of aggression which is really all he dominated in imo

Yeah, you bring up a good point... Rampage wasn't being aggressive, he was attempting to fight, as you should probably make an attempt to do in MMA. Machida on the otherhand, was attempting to avoid fighting. He wasn't counter punching, he wasn't working a clinch game, he was just running scared.

I like Rogan usually, but he is so far off the mark on this guy. I am a 39 year old junior college wrestler and former bar bouncer in moderate shape and I'd step in the ring with Machida in a second. I know I'm not a pro athlete and I don't do MMA for a living, but he's just not remotely threatening, one of those fighters who may win on points but could never beat anyone up.

Rampage did what he had to do to win the fight, before this everyone was sayin Rampage is the perfect for Machida to dominate and look what happened lol.

Same thing can be said about Machida troll!

Machida took round 1 and 3 this was a fu**ing robbery and I won't change my fu**ing mind this decision was just as bad as Dunham vs Sherk fight and f***!!! the judging and good night people.

lol. this is why the fight went to a split decision win

Glad to see you guys agree with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/5 people disagree with you, and anyone who agrees with you is retarded. Machida lost by decision. He had a good third round, but was no where close to finishing him. Rampage out fought him for 12 minutes, and there was maybe 3 minutes of the whole fight where you can see Machida winning, and even when he was, Rampage was coming right back (that exchange with the two throwing flurries, and even on the ground when Rampage went for the slam). No doubt it was Rampages fight, not Machidas.