G-Sot... Much Love brother

Kranga

Maybe because he had a terrible first round.

He may not have won the fight if Joe didn't gass in the 2nd.

Yeah, I was very surprised that Joe gassed (it can happen to the best). Maybe G-Sot wanted to finish him on his feet, but Joe got the better and G had to change his game plan.

I don't know

well if he faces somone with good standup and good tdd' date=' then he is ****ed. he needs much work on his stand up..........but he has a SICK ground game, and no one can doubt his heart..................refer to my sig :D[/quote']

G has awesome stand up, he just was not himself in those first few minutes

G has awesome stand up' date=' he just was not himself in those first few minutes[/quote']

you may be right....but if he 'was not himself'....against someone with a bit more power. then....uh oh for goerge.....but i am fan now, i really liked how he basically got the **** kicked out of him, then came back with the sub

He really needs some kicks, for a guy who is probably one of the best off his back he can throw kicks and not worry too much about getting taken down.

More kicks, once he can work some in even if simply as some thing to distract his opponent he will be unstoppable.

He didn't look so great in the standup, but looked great on the ground as always.

G-sot proved to me last night he can overcome obstacles which may be put in his way but something very disturbing last night happened to Lauzon which raised some flags for me. I have never seen Lauzon shut down like that before....

I'm not trying to discredit G-sot's win; I'm just merely making an observation. Who else thought Lauzon's performance last night did not reflect his normal pace and endurance?

If I had to guess, Lauzon may have had an injury going into this fight.

G-sot proved to me last night he can overcome obstacles which may be put in his way but something very disturbing last night happened to Lauzon which raised some flags for me. I have never seen Lauzon shut down like that before....

I'm not trying to discredit G-sot's win; I'm just merely making an observation. Who else thought Lauzon's performance last night did not reflect his normal pace and endurance?

If I had to guess' date=' Lauzon may have had an injury going into this fight.[/quote']

I was very surprised Joe gassed. You may be right about the injury. Good point KFM

Great showing by G-Sot. I am bummed he got Siver as I think that's a no win situation for him. If he wins he was suposed to and if he in a rare chance loses then he dosn't get a fair shot. I would like to see him face Sherk or Florian for a shot at the tittle with who ever wins the Edgar / Maynard fight.

If I had to guess' date=' Lauzon may have had an injury going into this fight.[/quote']

But did you see Gsot between rounds, he was breathing far heavier than I have ever seen him, even after a 3 rounder.

That first round was at hectic pace and G was simply more efficent. I don't think Joe was injured as he looked pretty dam good in the first and was out striking G who thus far had been able to stand with everyone. George may have got him with something, shall watch the fight again probably tomorrow night as its hard to get a good understanding while half cut in a room full of mates.

Dana and Joe Silva must hate George. He keeps winning' date=' and they keep giving him fights that put him no closer to the title.[/quote']

Not only do these fights not move him closer, they keep giving him fights that take him further away from a shot if anything. Jerks!

G-Sot WILL take the title from Maynard.

If G-Sot ends up on top of you' date=' you automatically lose the round or fight.

His top game is by far the best in the LW division.

He would beat everyone at LW except for Dunham, Edgar, and Showtime.

^ wasn't including Penn since he's at WW.[/quote']

G has a sick all round game...

Stand up was lacking last night tho.

G has a sick all round game...

Stand up was lacking last night tho.

His head movement looked pretty good.

He doesn't have that good of timing though. I think that's his problem in the striking game.

EDIT: G-Sot only got out-struck 12-8 in the first round last night. I didn't think he looked that bad but Rogan was bungie jumping off of J-Lau's nuts all night.

His head movement looked pretty good.

He doesn't have that good of timing though. I think that's his problem in the striking game.

EDIT: G-Sot only got out-struck 12-8 in the first round last night. I didn't think he looked that bad but Rogan was bungie jumping off of J-Lau's nuts all night

You may be right. Although his striking against Joe Stevenson was awesome, If I remember correctly

You are right about Rogan. Spot on

Maybe if Karo didnt get punched in the head he wouldnt have lost?

Maybe if Hughes wasn't fighting he wouldnt have lost?

Maybe if your mum swallowed you wouldn't have posted this

Haha, well said mate. ^^^^

And i to think G-Sot is getting shafted.

Siver aint no slouch BUT i thought they would give him somebody higher up the food chain.

Just my biased opinion.

Siver aint no slouch BUT i thought they would give him somebody higher up the food chain.

Consider G-Sot beating him in Sydney he will be legend, We love an Aussie who is winning. That win would take him to 8 in a row. It will do great things for the UFC and MMA in Aus.

He will gain lots of fans.

Strickly in the fight sence yeah he needs higher level guys but if he wins that and gets a title shot (which I think he will, almost deff if a finish) Highest Aus PPV buys by far and cements an even greater audience here.

123 was a nice pay day for Georgey.

UFC 123 bonuses: Penn, Davis, Sotiropoulos and Lauzon earn $80,000 awards

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21480/ufc-123-bonuses-earn-80000-awards.mma

Consider G-Sot beating him in Sydney he will be legend' date=' We love an Aussie who is winning. That win would take him to 8 in a row. It will do great things for the UFC and MMA in Aus.

Strickly in the fight sence yeah he needs higher level guys but if he wins that and gets a title shot (which I think he will, almost deff if a finish) Highest Aus PPV buys by far and cements an even greater audience here.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21480/ufc-123-bonuses-earn-80000-awards.mma[/quote']

Wow, that is a nice little pay day

That is most people opinion.

True BUT you always get the scum that say "he's no good" etc

Consider G-Sot beating him in Sydney he will be legend' date=' We love an Aussie who is winning. That win would take him to 8 in a row. It will do great things for the UFC and MMA in Aus.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21480/ufc-123-bonuses-earn-80000-awards.mma[/quote']

Well said.

and 80K is a fine paybay.

127 shin cant wait.

Thanks again Leonie. :D

Archived