What do I do? Ashes 2010!!!

Tom_McC_11

So as we all know the Ashes are coming up and I for one can't wait!

However, unfortuantly I am meant to have my first year 12 class on thursday. If it was just a regular school day it would be a no brainer with cricket winning hands down but if I don't go s*** will hit the fan and then the school will call home and bad stuff will happen such as me having to go on the family holiday during the summer instead of getting the whole house to myself for a week.

Do I stay home and watch the first ball or do I go to the class? At this stage I'm leaning towards watching the first ball of the Ashes and then seeing my teacher the next day and saying I was so sick I couldn't move.

However' date=' unfortuantly I am meant to have my first year 12 class on thursday. If it was just a regular schoold day it would be a no brainer with cricket winning hands down but if I don't go s*** will hit the fan and then the school will call home and bad stuff will happen such as me having to go on the family holiday during the summer instead of getting the whole house to myself for a week.

Do I stay home and watch the first ball or do I to the class? At this stage I'm leaning towards watching the first ball of the Ashes and then seeing my teacher the next day and saying I was so sick I couldn't move.[/quote']

That is a tough one...

First ball FTW

TS it would be unAustralian to NOT watch the 1st ball of the Ashes being bowled.

Heck if i were you i wouldnt go to school thursday or friday. Just watch the cricket.

Your teacher will understand.

I even swapped shifts so i work nights and get to watch us flog the poms during the day.

Make sure you have a beer in your hand aswell come 10:30am thursday.

Im pumped.

However' date=' unfortuantly I am meant to have my first year 12 class on thursday. If it was just a regular school day it would be a no brainer with cricket winning hands down but if I don't go s*** will hit the fan and then the school will call home and bad stuff will happen such as me having to go on the family holiday during the summer instead of getting the whole house to myself for a week.

Do I stay home and watch the first ball or do I go to the class? At this stage I'm leaning towards watching the first ball of the Ashes and then seeing my teacher the next day and saying I was so sick I couldn't move.[/quote']

You lost a bet to me. Put it up.

T-20 is where its at now' date=' test match cricket just tooooo long IMO[/b']. But as a self respecting fan, forget about school and watch the first ball, thought this was mandatory.

I do agree with you in general on that, but being English it is slightly different when it comes to the Ashes.

As far as what to do personaly i would watch the first ball.

hehe didnt know cricket was popular in australia. what is the nationalsport of aus?

cricket is huge in aus but there are many who find it 'boring' as they don't understand it.

national sport is the greatest game on the planet Aussie Rules or just footy. though those in Queensland and NSW may tell you otherwise.

cricket is huge in aus but there are many who find it 'boring' as they don't understand it.

national sport is the greatest game on the planet Aussie Rules or just footy. though those in Queensland and NSW may tell you otherwise.

IMO test cricket is the best.....

I dont like 20 / 20 one bit.

I hope you are having the day off school tomorrow Tom ??

And GAYFL sux... NRL for the win.

I will be sitting on the couch cracking my 1st beer at 10:30am...

Cmon Aussies.

hehe didnt know cricket was popular in australia. what is the nationalsport of aus?

Its up there with most popular with swimming' date=' tennis, soccer and afl/league.

They do every sport well.

Australia are probably the P4P best sporting nation on the planet. Small population, great at sports.

And i'm English

My god. A modest pom...

Hats off to you mate.

I don't like cricket! I ****ing hate it!

Well i HATE you.

Go and suck a lemon.

I do agree with you in general on that' date=' but being English it is slightly different when it comes to the Ashes.

As far as what to do personaly i would watch the first ball.[/quote']

Most test matches end up in stalemates anyway, no longer are there any finishes. Gone are the days of the great West Indies, the great Courtney Walsh(1st man to take 400 test wickets) Brian Lara(Highest test score 400). Now West Indies just suck:(. I prefer the one day or T-20 honestly. But agree that test match can be just as entertaining.

Most test matches end up in stalemates anyway' date=' no longer are there any finishes. Gone are the days of the great West Indies, the great Courtney Walsh(1st man to take 400 test wickets) Brian Lara(Highest test score 400). Now West Indies just suck:(. I prefer the one day or T-20 honestly. But agree that test match can be just as entertaining.[/quote']

And dont forget Chris Gayle just scored his 2nd triple century.... the 2nd West Indian (the other being Lara) and only the 6th person of all time to score 2 triple centuries....

Thats a fair effort....

And Test matches FTW.

And dont forget Chris Gayle just scored his 2nd triple century.... the 2nd West Indian (the other being Lara) and only the 6th person of all time to score 2 triple centuries....

Thats a fair effort....

And Test matches FTW.

Gayle is overrated IMO, way too inconsistent. Heavy hitter though. Good knock from him still. Have you seen the IPL 20/20 games??? Quite entertaining, some players from Trinidad shine there, unfortunately not in the test game.

Gayle is overrated IMO' date=' way too inconsistent. Heavy hitter though. Good knock from him still. Have you seen the IPL 20/20 games??? Quite entertaining, some players from Trinidad shine there, unfortunately not in the test game.[/quote']

I watch as much cricket as i can....

its up there with MMA as my favourite sport...

IPL 20 / 20 we get live over here.

Plenty of Windies in there....

And last week we had Pollard come over here and play in a 20 / 20 al stars match....

I met him last year in Sydney... he is a big guy....

I watch as much cricket as i can....

its up there with MMA as my favourite sport...

IPL 20 / 20 we get live over here.

Plenty of Windies in there....

And last week we had Pollard come over here and play in a 20 / 20 al stars match....

I met him last year in Sydney... he is a big guy....

Yeah he is, powerful too, hits the ball further than most. Met him a few times here in parties and stuff. He's quite popular because of the 20/20. Had a hell of an innings earlier this year I think. Something like 54 off 18 balls or something along the lines.

Archived