Sign in to follow this  
verJJ

Gerald Harris Cut

Dana is sending a message.

He wants his fighters to actually fight' date=' strange concept I know. Harris was down 2 round to 0 and decided to just stare at Falcao. He thought his previous performances were enough to keep his position secure and Dana wants to make sure nobody thinks like this again.

I think we might start to see a difference in the fighters.

Harris will be back and fighters will think twice about safe fighting. Win win in my eyes.

god I hope so.

UFC = Unanimousdecision Fighting Champions.

Don't dirty me..by lumping that guy with me thx buddy.

Fact is..Harris is NOT a Mixed Martial Artist.

He is a C Level Roy Jones Imitator at best.

"Potential" belongs in "D~Leagues".

As it stands right now Ufc is not a Place for "Potential".

Half the ****ing UFC is D-League dude, what are you watching?

Lol i just want to point out your stupid!!!! if they was racist then what he going on with anderson silva huh.... or evens or rampage jones or many the others that are there??? sure there aint many black fighters in ufc but ones there are pretty good can't help ufc is mostly white an Brazilian. maybe if all your black guys stop dreamin bein thugs an rappers an get there *** in gem' date=' they could be there to!!! cause simple true is if you are black unless your fat as **** drugged out or disabled, your FAST!!! with your feet an hands!![/quote']

Kid, Silva wins thats why he doesnt / isnt getting cut.

Plus Dana admitted his twin brother is in the KKK and doesnt like the look of Harris....

So Dana was obliged to give him the boot.

And change your AV. I dont wana see your smug FB profile picture.

Go to the man love sites for that.... Rite up your alley. :P

god I hope so.

UFC = Unanimousdecision Fighting Champions.

Correct. Safe Pierre should be 1st to go in my biased opinion. :P

Dana is sending a message.

He wants his fighters to actually fight' date=' strange concept I know. Harris was down 2 round to 0 and decided to just stare at Falcao. He thought his previous performances were enough to keep his position secure and Dana wants to make sure nobody thinks like this again.

I think we might start to see a difference in the fighters.

Harris will be back and fighters will think twice about safe fighting. Win win in my eyes.[/quote']

this

1) Plus Dana admitted his twin brother is in the KKK and doesnt like the look of Harris....

So Dana was obliged to give him the boot.

2) Correct. Safe Pierre should be 1st to go in my biased opinion. :P

1) 100% FACT.

2) thank GOD you are australian and your opinion therefore has no value whatsoever. ;)

me too.

it would be a great change..

if not I'm going to start watching a lot of K1.

I have been watching K1 lately.

watched both final 16 tournys and am about half way through the K1max final.

great so far (9mm, I am watching the petrosian/zambidis fight tonight or tommorow night and will PM you my score card)

drago's first fight was surprisingly good IMO.

I knew it was a decision so I had low expectations, but it was 100% better then the machida.rampage abortion.

Why? Is is because Dana is racist? Because he doesnt like black people?

Dana also cut Paul Daley and Kimbo Slice. He also threatened to cut Anderson Silva.

Or is it because of some scandal involving the buzzer going off 7 seconds early and saving Harris from a first round tap out at 50-1 odds involving the bookies and mafia???

Could it be Harris is fixing fights for the mafia in a money laundering scheme and Dana wants to dispose of the evidence before the formal investigation by the commission gets underway??????

Why? Is is because Dana is racist? Because he doesnt like black people?

Dana also cut Paul Daley and Kimbo Slice. He also threatened to cut Anderson Silva.

Or is it because of some scandal involving the buzzer going off 7 seconds early and saving Harris from a first round tap out at 50-1 odds involving the bookies and mafia???

Could it be Harris is fixing fights for the mafia in a money laundering scheme and Dana wants to dispose of the evidence before the formal investigation by the commission gets underway??????

this man is a genius

1) 100% FACT.

2) thank GOD you are australian and your opinion therefore has no value whatsoever. ;)

Now then.. I know your Canadian... so i give you the benefit of the doubt.. in regards to the 2nd answer. :P

Now then.. I know your Canadian... so i give you the benefit of the doubt.. in regards to the 2nd answer. :P

1) 100% FACT.

Great answers lol

But I wouldn't group all Australians together based on dumb*** shinsplint.

After all most normal Australians have jobs and don't sit around on forums all day. (literally all day)

Great answers lol

After all most normal Australians have jobs and don't sit around on forums all day. (literally all day)

The little spinetapper speaks again.

You must still be in primary school as you wouldnt understand working nightshifts kid.

Anyhow, just get your stepdad to tuck you in and read you a Safe Pierre bedtime story.

Great answers lol

The little spinetapper speaks again.

You must still be in primary school as you wouldnt understand working nightshifts kid.

Anyhow' date=' just get your stepdad to tuck you in and read you a Safe Pierre bedtime story.[/quote']

oh SNAP!

E FIGHT!

god I hope your both australians.

talk about kangaroos PLEASE for the love of GOD use a kangaroo as an insult....... like maybe

"blimey! you're wankier then a roo kabob barbeque on didgerituesday you are mate!"

holly **** balls I would LOVE that.

oh SNAP!

E FIGHT!

god I hope your both australians.

talk about kangaroos PLEASE for the love of GOD use a kangaroo as an insult....... like maybe

"blimey! you're wankier then a roo kabob barbeque on didgerituesday you are mate!"

holly **** balls I would LOVE that.

Haha dcent i hope he is....

He's just a deluded fanboy thats tries to take veiled swipes at me cause i give i give his wanabe BF grief some of the time.

Anyhow, i would box his head off skippy the bush kangaroo style...

All the Vaseline Safe Pierre lathers on himself still wouldnt save that little parasite....

OH SNAP diddly whack.

It was a dumb cut. I was pissed.

agreed.

3 finishes and cut after 1 loss.

doesnt make sense.

I am all for cutting laynpray decision machines all day.

but if a guy is getting finishes and consistently winning why the **** should they get cut?

I dont think anyone is going to disagree that it was a bad decision to cut him..... likely some other factor involved.

Haha dcent i hope he is....

He's just a deluded fanboy thats tries to take veiled swipes at me cause i give i give his wanabe BF grief some of the time.

Anyhow' date=' i would box his head off skippy the bush kangaroo style...

All the Vaseline Safe Pierre lathers on himself still wouldnt save that little parasite....

OH SNAP diddly whack.[/quote']

waitaminute...............

that wasnt very australiany..........

sure you said kangaroo, but nothing else you said fits my stereotype of australia........

you arent australian at all are you?!

waitaminute...............

that wasnt very australiany..........

sure you said kangaroo' date=' but nothing else you said fits my stereotype of australia........

you arent australian at all are you?![/quote']

yeah true you got me there.... Im Tongan. :P

Im about to drink some Kava.

The stuff is gold.

the UFC is about if a fighter makes money sense nothing to do with talent imo that why they have a program like TUF to build Hype thats why Brock was signed come on guys they made Tito out to be the hardest man alive by feeding him fights that they were confident he would win it's a joke

This merger is opening up the door for Strikeforce/Bellator to grab some top level talent from the UFC. Talent that the UFC might think is expendable. Harris was on a roll' date=' and who knows how good Falcao is? This guy could be a future champion for all we know, senseless cut.[/quote']

Falcao looked great. I think he has the potential to be a top 5 in 2011.

Woah, they cut a fighter who had been on a 10 fight winning streak before the decision loss to a 25-3 guy.

That's a joke. UFC is becoming a mafia, rather than a serious sports organisation.

Hey MOD could you merge this thread with any thread related to Brendan Schaub. Then delete. I'm tired of the forum getting cluttered with bums

Haha KMFAO.

Pure win. :D

C'mon this guy was 3-1 in the UFC. 2 of those wins earned him KOTN bonus'. sure it was an uneventful fight for the most part but I can think of a few other fighters who deserve to be cut more. I believe he will be back and hope so.

The UFC did him a favor.

With his talent and decent name recognition from TUF and his recent UFC performances,

he is valueable to other MMA orgs that'll pay him much better.

Unless he punks out like Jardine did.

This decision has really pissed me off. I'm a big fan of Gerald Harris and even though he lost on Saturday, he showed some tremendous heart and determination to win. I was really looking forward to seeing him fight again but apparently he's just not good enough.

this is truly a farce,the UFC need to get over themselves and take a look at wtf they are doing before they act stupidly,and no wonder some fighters are boring and slow down fights and go to decisions,because they are scared to take a risk or chance because one loss could mean being sacked,which is total garbage

looks like falcao isnt the only one pissed off about the bell going early. if the bell went 7 seconds later( like it was suppose to) harris would of lost in one round. no way he would of been cut (unless the sut is due to other outside reasons). you wouldnt cut the guy cos he wouldnt of fought like he did.

Wow, kinda shocking. Until this last one Harris had put on some very good fights. There has to be more involved than just him losing. Is Dana trying to make a point to other fighters about that 3rd round? Or maybe Harris's fight deal was up. Or maybe a combination of the two?

IDK, I hope he makes his way back.

Amazingly retarded and ignorant cut of Gerald Harris by Dana "I only want robot fighters" White.

Look, I get it. The roster can't have a lot of dead weight fighters. There's just not enough roster space to go around for everybody. The company has to make cuts.

That said Gerald Harris is 3-1 now in the UFC with 3 wins by way of tko/ko.

As for Gerald's recent loss vs. Falcao. Obviously Falcao is an extremely dangerous fighter. You could criticize Harris for being a little too cautious in his last fight. But Harris would have to be simple jack to go straight at Falcao and attack him recklessly. The fight was boring but that's also Falcao's fault too. Everyone wants to counter punch and that can create stalemates. I'm not even going to touch on the RNC scandal for the moment.

What I want to know is why in the heck do you let go a 3-1 fighter who had one bad night, and keep guys like Tito Ortiz who is 0-4-1 in the ufc in his last 5 ufc fights? Zuffa fighter bias has prevailed again. For the love of the sport, Zuffa, I think you can afford to keep a guy who has 17-3 career record and only one bad fight in the UFC.

This is probably just a case of Dana sending a warning single throughout the UFC roster that if you disappoint, even once, you're Strikeforce's problem.

Wow' date=' kinda shocking. Until this last one Harris had put on some very good fights. There has to be more involved than just him losing. Is Dana trying to make a point to other fighters about that 3rd round? Or maybe Harris's fight deal was up. Or maybe a combination of the two?

IDK, I hope he makes his way back.[/quote']

im sure harris crying after the first round didnt help.

The thing is that Harris showed in that 3rd round that he just doesn't have the desire to go out there, lay it on the line, and try to win a fight. He had an oppurtunity to go after Falcao in the 3rd and CHOSE to do nothing out of fear of receiving a further beating.

Harris is a good guy. Hopefully he will be back.

He use to post on the original UFC (TUF) Forum.

Class act through and through.

He doesn't want to come back to a ****** organization that keeps bum fighters like tito and cuts good fighters like himself

The only other time I can remember a guy going 3-1 and getting cut was Elliot Marshall. But all four of his fights were boring decisions. Harris not only won two KOTN awards, he earned the UFC a ton of free exposure on ESPN with his slam of David Branch getting repeated ad nauseum.

You really have to wonder about the recent cuts in the UFC. Todd Duffee was a good prospect and gets cut for "having a bad attitude" and now this? Hopefully an explanation is forthcoming as this has left a pretty bad taste in my mouth regarding the UFC.

Just read an article on MMAFighting.com that talks about this. The basic gist is that with the merger, Zuffa will go from having 32 events last year (24 UFC, 8 WEC) to 26 this year. Fewer shows means fewer fights and fewer roster spots needed to fill those fights. Its expected that while the UFC has added two new weight classes, the roster will remain at around 200 fighters, which means there are approximately 60 fighters between the two Zuffa brands who will be cut. Guys who may have gotten a second chance before the merger will likely not now that the UFC needs an excuse to get rid of that many contracts.

This somewhat contradicts what Dana said in the 123 post fight presser, that the UFC would likely be doing 30-31 shows in 2011. The UFC has likely maxed out the number of PPV's they can put on in a year, so the growth would have to be in the free TV market. Since their deal with Spike only allows four cards to be shown on another cable TV channel (and these are now taken by Versus), there's no room for other shows on cable unless they renegotiate the deal with Spike. This leads to the persistent rumours of a network TV deal, which would not be covered by the Spike deal. So if the network TV deal happens, not sure if that means the UFC will then expand the roster again or not. Anyway, link below for the whole thing:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/11/24/ufc-wec-merger-brings-excitement-warning-about-jobs-on-the-line/

Honestly I was disappointed with the fight, but then thought about it a bit. Now this may just be my over active imagination. But I honestly think Harris tapped in the first and the ref stopped it, He thought he had loss and Falcao thought he had won. After that I think Harris just basically gave Falcao the fight as some kind of weird show of sportsmanship. Again I could be horribly wrong, just a different perspective on things. On him being cut, come on Dana one loss after a 10 fight win streak and he gets cut???

Honestly I was disappointed with the fight' date=' but then thought about it a bit. Now this may just be my over active imagination. But I honestly think Harris tapped in the first and the ref stopped it, He thought he had loss and Falcao thought hr had one. After that I think Harris just basically gave Falcao the fight as some kind of weird show of sportsmanship. Again I could be horribly wrong, just a different perspective on things. On him being cut, come on Dana one loss after a 10 fight win streak and he gets cut???[/quote']

There is an interview making the rounds today where Falcao claims Harris tapped three different times in the fight, so you could be right on that.

Dana unfortunatly is starting to make a bad a habit of cutting fighters that don't deserve to get cut. He did the same thing to Eliott Marshall. He lost one fight and automatically got cut. Same thing with Kimbo. He was 1-1 in the UFC and he cut him. I mean what the hell man?

I'm not gonna lie, that fight was boring as hell and Harris should've been way more active then he was in that fight. But quite personally, I think if they cut Harris they should've cut Falcao too. Yeah he won, but he didn't do anything almost the entire first round and he definetly didn't do anything in the third round either. Then he has the nerve to taunt Harris at the end of the fight. Come on dude. That guy was annoying and I would've much prefered Dana cutting him rather then cutting Harris. But, oh well.

Bad move Dana. Terrible move. Silva has 3 bad showings and he's still around. But when any other fighter has a bad showing, you cut em. I'm sorry, but he needs to cut that out.