Sign in to follow this  
Jamhet

Will Dana give an immediate rematch to GSP?

Comparing the situation to Penn's 1st loss to Edgar now. Penn was suspected of having some undisclosed injury/illness, he didn't look like he was 100% healthy/OK and the UFC believed he didn't have a fair chance to defend his belt. On this ground he was given the rematch.

1. GSP has had 5 title defences (compared to 3 by Penn), so do you think that Dana will give him a rematch with Kos, even if he loses in a less ambiguous fashion then Penn did?

2. Would you like him to be given a rematch even if he losses Serra-style?

3. If Kos beats him in a convincing fashion, do you think GSP should move up to MW, just like Penn did after succumbing to Edgar?

GSP_Serra_1.jpg

You're forgetting that the other reason BJ got an immediate rematch was because of the controversy surrounding the decision. Most MMA publications such as Sherdog and MMA-Junkie and a lot of fans had the fight scored 48-47 for BJ.

GSP will probably get an immediate rematch in similar circumstances but if he gets knocked out or dominated from start to finish then he probably won't.

You're forgetting that the other reason BJ got an immediate rematch was because of the controversy surrounding the decision. Most MMA publications such as Sherdog and MMA-Junkie and a lot of fans had the fight scored 48-47 for BJ.

GSP will probably get an immediate rematch in similar circumstances but if he gets knocked out or dominated from start to finish then he probably won't.

Even if Safe Pierre gets point blank KO'd , subbed or dominated for 5 rounds,,, i bet he still gets an immediate rematch....

Barring he doesnt sustain a long term injury.

When Safe Pierre loses' date=' he will get an immediate rematch.

I'll bet my bottom dollar on it...[/quote']

I'd bet my house on it. Regardless of how Kos may win there is absolutely no way dana is going to have gsp taking another 2 or 3 fights to get back to title shot status. It makes a complete mockery of the sport the ufc have tried so hard to make professional. It's basically saying that they really don't want anyone else as champion so even if you nearly murder him then you're gonna have to rematch him immediately. Real bush league stuff IMO.

In dana's ideal world the champions would be as follows -

HW - bork, obviously

LHW - Rampage

MW - Mike bisping

WW - GSP

LW - Penn

Look.look.look:http://www.clothes6.us

come on mods, get on the ball here. every single post made has been that same link.

if GSP loses he should have to face jake shields. and give the winner between fitch/penn to koscheck. the GSP/shields winner will get the koscheck/penn or fitch winner. i know shields has allready been promised the next shot. but it wouldnt be the first time dana has lied to someone.

Even if Safe Pierre gets point blank KO'd ' date=' subbed or dominated for 5 rounds,,, i bet he still gets an immediate rematch....

Barring he doesnt sustain a long term injury.[/quote']

+1

Yea. GSP has LITERALLY a 1% chance of losing. And thats by luck of Koscheck. Don't post stupid threads like this. Its not worth it when you know KOS has no chance imo.

And i don't lie. Just because GSP is my favorite fighter doesn't mean i don't pick the best one. GSP by 2nd round arm bar. Easy win to face Shields. Beat Shields. Move up and face Silva to kill him EASILY. Than move back down to put BJ back in his place and make him stop believing that WW is his division. After that he will either retire or Move up nd face Chael Sonnen for the ultimate MW challenge. I think that is one of the best matchups. I still think GSP would JUUUSTT edge him though. It would be a great matchup.

If you think about it, Sonnen would be in my top 5 p4p if he didn't get submitted so much. If hge worked on that, he would be one of the best fighters to have ever lived. His striking is underrated, his chin is awesome. His wrestling is the best with GSP. His cardio and strength are amazing. His sub defence SUKS. Thats all there is to it.

Sorry for talking so much. But i made my point with what i wanted to say.

I think GSP would have a harder fight with Silva than he would Sonnen. Sonnen is a good wrestler with poopy standup and a rancid sub defense. Silva, while he may be weak against wrestling judging from his fight with Sonnen, is a bigger threat because of his defense and his ability to send people to lala land in standup where he has a clean cut advantage against GSP. Sonnen is a good fighter but GSP is just better everwhere. Sonnen/GSP would be GSP/Fitch all over again, imo. I would love to see GSP/Silva though.

I think GSP would have a harder fight with Silva than he would Sonnen. Sonnen is a good wrestler with poopy standup and a rancid sub defense. Silva' date=' while he may be weak against wrestling judging from his fight with Sonnen, is a bigger threat because of his defense and his ability to send people to lala land in standup where he has a clean cut advantage against GSP. Sonnen is a good fighter but GSP is just better everwhere. Sonnen/GSP would be GSP/Fitch all over again, imo. I would love to see GSP/Silva though.[/quote']

I would love to see both. Both very exciting fights imo

Even if Safe Pierre gets point blank KO'd ' date=' subbed or dominated for 5 rounds,,, i bet he still gets an immediate rematch....

Barring he doesnt sustain a long term injury.[/quote']

I genuinely don't think he will. Name me any champion who has lost their title after being completed dominated and then been granted an immediate rematch.

It's never happened. Even with guys like Hughes, Liddell, Ortiz, Sylvia who defended their belts multiple times and looked untouchable prior to the defeat.

1. GSP has had 5 title defences (compared to 3 by Penn)' date=' so do you think that Dana will give him a rematch with Kos, even if he loses in a less ambiguous fashion then Penn did?[/quote']

Yes, Dana has sex GSP.

2. Would you like him to be given a rematch even if he losses Serra-style?

Hell no, I want to see Krotch vs BJ.

3. If Kos beats him in a convincing fashion, do you think GSP should move up to MW, just like Penn did after succumbing to Edgar?

GSP is a *****, he'll never fight at MW.

Yea. GSP has LITERALLY a 1% chance of losing. And thats by luck of Koscheck. Don't post stupid threads like this. Its not worth it when you know KOS has no chance imo.

And i don't lie. Just because GSP is my favorite fighter doesn't mean i don't pick the best one. GSP by 2nd round arm bar. Easy win to face Shields. Beat Shields. Move up and face Silva to kill him EASILY. Than move back down to put BJ back in his place and make him stop believing that WW is his division. After that he will either retire or Move up nd face Chael Sonnen for the ultimate MW challenge. I think that is one of the best matchups. I still think GSP would JUUUSTT edge him though. It would be a great matchup.

If you think about it' date=' Sonnen would be in my top 5 p4p if he didn't get submitted so much. If hge worked on that, he would be one of the best fighters to have ever lived. His striking is underrated, his chin is awesome. His wrestling is the best with GSP. His cardio and strength are amazing. His sub defence SUKS. Thats all there is to it.

Sorry for talking so much. But i made my point with what i wanted to say.[/quote']

saying kos has a 1% chance of winning is rediculous

A similar armbar as the one he tried to pull off on Hardy?

Something like that.

11bt5j9.jpg

16lab1l.jpg

Im sure GSP learned from his mistakes, and Koscheck seems like the guy who gets hurt from phantom strikes, so why wouldnt he tap from this.

Or maybe he will arm bar him like he did the all time greatest WW champion before him

As much as i hope GSP wins' date=' i hope that if he loses he will go to MW and fight Anderosn Silva.[/quote']

The possibility that I am Jesus Christ is higher than a GSP-Silva bout.