Sign in to follow this  
Stefano

Every fight can't be FOTN/KOOTN! LnP Necessary.

The UFC is in it's infancy with regard to the general non-combat oriented population. The PC crowd, Sensitive Sallies and "Let's all get Along" voices want UFC GONE!!!! To them we're not treading a fine line between entertainment and illegality, we've leaped over it. That means less blood equals more acceptance. Fewer toe-pointing KO's means more soccer mom's in seats. A well placed, eye-cutting elbow or liver-stopping heel kick may be art to you and me, but it is box office death to a sport that needs mainstream acceptance if it is to grow. Let LnP heros bring 'em in by showing them junior won't get killed(and might make $$$) if he takes up Judo. Then everybody who's anybody will soon call UFC their sport and Vegas their mecca. And you LnP whiners? Just lay low and later you can say "I was down with it from the start." Get it?

Is this what you really believe? The fastest growing sport in the world isn't getting enough mainstream appeal? You think that alienating actual fans to gain more popularity by outside forces is right? This is rediculous.

The UFC is in it's infancy with regard to the general non-combat oriented population. The PC crowd' date=' Sensitive Sallies and "Let's all get Along" voices want UFC GONE!!!! To them we're not treading a fine line between entertainment and illegality, we've leaped over it. That means less blood equals more acceptance. Fewer toe-pointing KO's means more soccer mom's in seats. A well placed, eye-cutting elbow or liver-stopping heel kick may be art to you and me, but it is box office death to a sport that needs mainstream acceptance if it is to grow. [b']Let LnP heros bring 'em in by showing them junior won't get killed(and might make $$$) if he takes up Judo.[/b] Then everybody who's anybody will soon call UFC their sport and Vegas their mecca. And you LnP whiners? Just lay low and later you can say "I was down with it from the start." Get it?

lol the pc crowd won't watch boxing so they won't watch mma no matter how much of your beloved LnP is involved.

Is this what you really believe? The fastest growing sport in the world isn't getting enough mainstream appeal? You think that alienating actual fans to gain more popularity by outside forces is right? This is rediculous.

The reason UFC is growing so fast is because: a) TUF; B) It's barely made a dent in the average populace and; c) LnP you thilly gooth!. Haven't you noticed, UFC's biggest growth spurt coincided with the age of LnP??

The reason UFC is growing so fast is because: a) TUF; B) It's barely made a dent in the average populace and; c) LnP you thilly gooth!. Haven't you noticed' date=' UFC's biggest growth spurt coincided with the age of LnP?? If you are an actual fan you would not doubt my logic and you [b']would[/b] embrace LnP!!! Now lay on your stomach whilst I take your back and your apology!!

The reason UFC is growing so fast is because: a) TUF; B) It's barely made a dent in the average populace and; c) LnP you thilly gooth!. Haven't you noticed' date=' UFC's biggest growth spurt coincided with the age of LnP??[/quote']

When exactly did the whole LNP revolution start? About 5 years ago? What else happened about 5 years ago? TUF? The reason TUF rocketed the UFC to the mainstream is because of the Griffin-Bonnar fight. 10 MILLION VIEWERS! How much LNP was in that fight? Im not sure but i didnt see much. I could be mistaken. Never use the words Thilly Gooth again.

The reason UFC is growing so fast is because: a) TUF; B) It's barely made a dent in the average populace and; c) LnP you thilly gooth!. Haven't you noticed' date=' UFC's biggest growth spurt coincided with the age of LnP?? If you are an actual fan you would not doubt my logic and you [b']would[/b] embrace LnP!!! Now lay on your stomach whilst I take your back and your apology!!

I hope LnP happens in every UFC fight, it will make SF a lot more popular.

When exactly did the whole LNP revolution start? About 5 years ago? What else happened about 5 years ago? TUF? The reason TUF rocketed the UFC to the mainstream is because of the Griffin-Bonnar fight. 10 MILLION VIEWERS! How much LNP was in that fight? Im not sure but i didnt see much. I could be mistaken. Never use the words Thilly Gooth again.

A lot of credit is given to Griffin/Bonnar. I'm in agreement there' date=' but not only because they popularized UFC, but also because that fight program [b']unified[/b] old UFC and new UFC. It gave us a look at the man as well as the fighter which led to a sense of empathy for the combatants we never had before. Hence combat without brutality...LnP. Furthermore, LnP is like the "safe" investment. It may not pay as big or be as risky, but it pays more over time and has wider audience appeal.

Old nicknames: Beast, Tank, Predator, Worlds most Dangerous Man

New nicknames: Suga, Ace, Answer, Fluke, Rush

A lot of credit is given to Griffin/Bonnar. I'm in agreement there' date=' but not only because they popularized UFC, but also because that fight program [b']unified[/b] old UFC and new UFC. It gave us a look at the man as well as the fighter which led to a sense of empathy for the combatants we never had before. Hence combat without brutality...LnP. Furthermore, LnP is like the "safe" investment. It may not pay as big or be as risky, but it pays more over time and has wider audience appeal.

Old nicknames: Beast, Tank, Predator, Worlds most Dangerous Man

New nicknames: Suga, Ace, Answer, Fluke, Rush

You cant dress up MMA. Its a brutal sport. Very Brutal. If you try and tone down the actual FIGHTING in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, the sport will be tarnished. You are making absolutley no valid points and no real Fight Fan will agree with you. Leave

You cant dress up MMA. Its a brutal sport. Very Brutal. If you try and tone down the actual FIGHTING in the Ultimate Fighting Championship' date=' the sport will be tarnished. You are making absolutley no valid points and no real Fight Fan will agree with you. Leave[/quote']

I look for a good fight. I am also a fan of the whole game. Fight, audience appeal, marketability, sustainability, psychology. I don't know if I'm a "real" fan or what, but I know what I like, and sometimes my personal preferences conflict with reality. Nuf outta' me.

LOL so you're saying to get UFC to be even bigger than it is, we should get more Fitch, Maynard, and Lentz style matches. Are you listening to yourself? Lets see... Which fight is more likely to bring in more viewers. Sanchez vs Guida? or Fitch vs Ben Saunders? If you say the later you're an idiot

LOL so you're saying to get UFC to be even bigger than it is' date=' we should get more Fitch, Maynard, and Lentz style matches. Are you listening to yourself? Lets see... Which fight is more likely to bring in more viewers. Sanchez vs Guida? or Fitch vs Ben Saunders? If you say the later you're an idiot[/quote']

I'm saying it's not about what I like or don't like. There's a bigger picture to consider. I like all-out with your ****-out stand-up. What you, me and others here like may or may not be good for long term steady UFC growth. No one can predict a sure fire formula for UFC growth, but trends are pointing to a long rein of LnP. Not my favorite style, but it may be what keeps UFC afloat financially until rule modifications that penalize/discourage it and the $$$ match up.

I'm saying it's not about what I like or don't like. There's a bigger picture to consider. I like all-out with your ****-out stand-up. What you' date=' me and others here like may or may not be good for long term steady UFC growth. No one can predict a sure fire formula for UFC growth, but trends are pointing to a long rein of LnP. Not my favorite style,[b'] but it may be what keeps UFC afloat financially [/b]until rule modifications that penalize/discourage it and the $$$ match up.

If anything it may be what destroys the UFC and gives strikeforce the chance to take over. If LnP is the future of the UFC, then the future is pretty dim.

If anything it may be what destroys the UFC and gives strikeforce the chance to take over. If LnP is the future of the UFC' date=' then the future is pretty dim.[/quote']

+1

If anything it may be what destroys the UFC and gives strikeforce the chance to take over. If LnP is the future of the UFC' date=' then the future is pretty dim.[/quote']

I'm hopin' it's just a phase. No more than 2-3 years. It's in corporate hands now. The time to keep UFC pure was during the Gracie era, but in the rapid growth that followed, the money spoke louder than tradition. A return to roots will be difficult. If it means lost revenue, the bean counters will let us know. A few thousand purists alone can't sustain the UFC as we know it. I think bringing in WEC is a good start. The lighter weights have less LnP.

Many discussions here about how to get UFC back to it's original intent. First we need to understand how it got here. That is what I'm trying to do. Doesn't mean I'm happy about LnP, I'm not. You can't put the genie back in the bottle.