Why is war "necessary"?

GovernmentMule

War is necessary to protect your way of life. The war in the middle east is absolutely necessary unless you drive a chevy volt and have solar panels strapped along your roof

So if the war is for oil why didn't we just annex Canada? Realistically what are they gonna do? :D

It isn't necessary.

Very rarely is killing people necessary. But, for some reason, people have it in their minds that sending people to fight and die is easier than trying to resolve issues peacefully by talking. Sending men and women to fight and die is just much easier than trying to reach a compromise on who gets how much land, or whatever reason people fight for.

The only time I can think of where I would say war is necessary is if it's meant to protect the lives of civilians. If a foreign force were to land on American soil and start attacking civilians, I will say that war is absolutely justified.

It isn't necessary.

Very rarely is killing people necessary. But' date=' for some reason, people have it in their minds that sending people to fight and die is easier than trying to resolve issues peacefully by talking. Sending men and women to fight and die is just much easier than trying to reach a compromise on who gets how much land, or whatever reason people fight for.

The only time I can think of where I would say war is necessary is if it's meant to protect the lives of civilians. If a foreign force were to land on American soil and start attacking civilians, I will say that war is absolutely justified.[/quote']

believe it or not some people in the middle east really hate us enough to ****in blow our brains out, so im pro-military

believe it or not some people in the middle east really hate us enough to ****in blow our brains out' date=' so im pro-military[/quote']

I do know that. And I'm all in support of the military.

But I do think humanity, many times in the past, have rushed to fight for little to no actual reason. Case in point: World War I.

Rather than just try and figure out a peaceful way for everyone to be happy, let's just throw all of Europe into war for a few years. That's a much better solution.

I do know that. And I'm all in support of the military.

But I do think humanity' date=' many times in the past, have rushed to fight for little to no actual reason. Case in point: World War I.

Rather than just try and figure out a peaceful way for everyone to be happy, let's just throw all of Europe into war for a few years. That's a much better solution.[/quote']

Understand that America is probably the last country to Earth to proactively attack someone. Very few of our conflicts started without some form of enemy incident. For example, No taxation w/o representation, the zimmerman telegraph, pearl harbor, and 9/11. If you want to preach Humanity try Israel, those guys shoot **** up and then ask questions.

Archived