Pat barry!!!

slimchin

this dude needs to figure something out....he couldnt finish beltran...dont get me wrong was a bada* fight...but if he cant put him away whats he gonna do with the top guys in the HW division...maybe he should reevaluate and drop to 205...for sure it would take some time but if he ever wants to be a champion it wont be at heavyweight....

if he had used more leg kicks during the fight then I think he could have won by TKO

agreed...but he is a real cerebreal striker...he sets up alot of strikes and takes his time to get into the right position to strike...i mean i really like the guy...i just think once he fights any big heavyweight they will outwrestle him and take hm down and win from any type of way from the ground once its there....i mean even tim hague did it......

this dude needs to figure something out....he couldnt finish beltran...dont get me wrong was a bada* fight...but if he cant put him away whats he gonna do with the top guys in the HW division...maybe he should reevaluate and drop to 205...for sure it would take some time but if he ever wants to be a champion it wont be at heavyweight....

Barry drop to 205? You seen the size of his legs? I think he won't drop to 205 for the same reason Mir won't. He is too big.

On a side note, so what if he didn't finish Beltrum. The only brawler at the top of the division is Cain and we don't know how well he will recover anyway. Barry's leg kicks are enough to TKO any fighter and i think if Beltrum wasn't so relentless he would of got TKOd via leg kicks.

Barry drop to 205? You seen the size of his legs? I think he won't drop to 205 for the same reason Mir won't. He is too big.

On a side note' date=' so what if he didn't finish Beltrum. The only brawler at the top of the division is Cain and we don't know how well he will recover anyway. Barry's leg kicks are enough to TKO any fighter and i think if Beltrum wasn't so relentless he would of got TKOd via leg kicks.[/quote']

*Beltran, and if Cain is a brawler then so is JDS

On a side note' date=' so what if he didn't finish Beltrum. The only brawler at the top of the division is Cain and we don't know how well he will recover anyway. Barry's leg kicks are enough to TKO any fighter and i think if Beltrum wasn't so relentless he would of got TKOd via leg kicks.[/quote']

but do u honestly think beltran could ever win a heavyweight championship?.....and also barry always weighs in around 230 if u dont think he could drop 25 lbs then man maybe he should stick to k1 because i dont think he should fight at heavyweight bc as much as i like his style he will NEVER win a hw title....

but do u honestly think beltran could ever win a heavyweight championship?.....and also barry always weighs in around 230 if u dont think he could drop 25 lbs then man maybe he should stick to k1 because i dont think he should fight at heavyweight bc as much as i like his style he will NEVER win a hw title....

sorry....i meant barry at the beginning*****

And you fix that by dropping him into one of the most stacked divisions in the UFC. I like Barry, but he will be waiting a long ****ing time before he even gets a glimpse at the LHW belt. If Barry beats one top 7 HW he gets into title contention and considering he is an exciting HW fighter he maybe closer to those fights then many people think.

It's typical though, that people think the smaller HW has no chance at the top of the division. Cain Velasquez and Fedor would like to have a word with you.

Barry has zero ground game............he'll never be champ. His control isn't good enough to constantly sprawl and brawl. Cro Cop submitted him FFS................

Even if Barry got lucky down the road and won the title using pure standup, his reign wouldn't last long. There are too many well rounded fighters that could get him down and make quick work of him (unless he really starts working that side of his game)

And you fix that by dropping him into one of the most stacked divisions in the UFC. I like Barry' date=' but he will be waiting a long ****ing time before he even gets a glimpse at the LHW belt. If Barry beats one top 7 HW he gets into title contention and considering he is an exciting HW fighter he maybe closer to those fights then many people think.

It's typical though, that people think the smaller HW has no chance at the top of the division. Cain Velasquez and Fedor would like to have a word with you.[/quote']

hahahah naw man truthfully i really think barry is really skilled standing up....buttt his last couple fights have not been that exciting....beltran was the reason the fight was exciting at fight for the troops...barry isnt always that exciting he takes alot of time to set up and get going..super technical...and honestly i think barry never has a chance of winning a hw title bc alll they have to do is take him down and he is DONE....

hahahah naw man truthfully i really think barry is really skilled standing up....buttt his last couple fights have not been that exciting....beltran was the reason the fight was exciting at fight for the troops...barry isnt always that exciting he takes alot of time to set up and get going..super technical...and honestly i think barry never has a chance of winning a hw title bc alll they have to do is take him down and he is DONE....

I would like to see him fight Junior Dos Santos. I think that fight would go either way. I personally find Junior highly over rated, and Roy Nelson won the 3rd round.

I would like to see him fight Junior Dos Santos. I think that fight would go either way. I personally find Junior highly over rated' date=' and Roy Nelson won the 3rd round.[/quote']

the stand up on that fight would be some of the best we would see at hw.....but if jds 's ground game is as serious as everyone says...then if he gets barry to the groud its over....it doesnt take too much but a little good wrestling to get barry to the ground.....but the stand up would be amazing for sure

Barry has zero ground game............he'll never be champ. His control isn't good enough to constantly sprawl and brawl. Cro Cop submitted him FFS................

Even if Barry got lucky down the road and won the title using pure standup' date=' his reign wouldn't last long. There are too many well rounded fighters that could get him down and make quick work of him (unless he really starts working that side of his game)[/quote']

All he has is solid leg kicks also....

His hands were sloppy & he dropped them alot today...

Man, Pat Barry p*ssed me off last night. Absolutely no killer instict, no gas tank and, apart from his leg kicks, a very mediocre fighter.

His standup and defense were sloppy throughout and by the end of round 2 he was purely headhunting.The last 30 seconds were a joke - Beltran could barely even walk and Barry just watched him untill about 5 seconds left!

Man' date=' Pat Barry p*ssed me off last night. Absolutely no killer instict, no gas tank and, apart from his leg kicks, a very mediocre fighter.

His standup and defense were sloppy throughout and by the end of round 2 he was purely headhunting.The last 30 seconds were a joke - Beltran could barely even walk and Barry just watched him untill about 5 seconds left![/quote']

I regretfully agree....If he would just come out 'Mean and Nasty' right from the start with 'I am going to destroy you attitude' I believe he has the tools to finish fights quick.

Have a nice day :-)

I think if wasnt looking for one wild KO punch, and just broke him down with quick punches, and most importantly leg kicks... he would have put Beltrain away with a Tko, and we would have all been talking about how impressive Barry was.

You need to remember that Beltrain is very tough, we seen that when he fought Mitrione.

Of course his ground game needs a whole lot of work, thats no secret. If he just spends about a year focusing 75% of his training on Jui Jitsu, and a bit of wrestling then he should be atleast good enough to survive. The same way Damien Maia has with his striking.

He's a handfull for anyone, it doesnt matter how good you are... you can only take so many of those kicks ;)

and also barry always weighs in around 230 if u dont think he could drop 25 lbs

LOL

Why would he need to drop 25lbs?! Why would he need to drop ANYTHING?

All he needs is to make the cut for the weigh ins.

Forrest Griffin cuts from 235lbs or so. With Barry's muscle mass, it'd be nothing for him.

He could drop that 5 lbs to be 225lbs, and then cut 20 pounds easily.

he was sad because his dog died when he was 6 he even was wearing his dogs collar and was calling out the numbers saying how he missed his dog so much

It was his DAD who died 25 years ago when he was 6 years old and he called out regiment numbers from his dogtags to the troops (who it is completely relevent too). All he has is those dogtags as a token and thats why he wears them.

But you already knew this is my guess....weird humour.

It was his DAD who died 25 years ago when he was 6 years old and he called out regiment numbers from his dogtags to the troops (who it is completely relevent too). All he has is those dogtags as a token and thats why he wears them.

it was his dog not dad who died k

Wasn't a guess.

this guy is a scrub. he acts tough in interviews, and stares at the camera after the fight with this mean guy look, like he actually thought he was super bad or something. tbh, i thought beltran won that fight. the only thing barry did was land quite a few leg kicks, thats it. the guy has no killer instinct, he needs to open up and throw A LOT more, but for a k1 level kick boxer supposedly fighting a non-technical puncher like beltran, he looked like absolute ****. GARBAGE...NEXT PLEASE

lets be realistic, they only gave him the win because of his dog tags.

Barry's stand up isnt even that good. Boring fighter with no killer instinct' date=' he'll be on the chopping block by the end of the year.[/quote']

+1...well said...one dimensional fighter as well...all he has is kicks...his punches are slow his hands are low...against a seasoned striker with no ground game would spell doom for him...remember my boy Mirko?and why does he lose focus half way through a round?im at a loss here...lol

And you fix that by dropping him into one of the most stacked divisions in the UFC. I like Barry' date=' but he will be waiting a long ****ing time before he even gets a glimpse at the LHW belt. If Barry beats one top 7 HW he gets into title contention and considering he is an exciting HW fighter he maybe closer to those fights then many people think.

It's typical though, that people think the smaller HW has no chance at the top of the division. Cain Velasquez and Fedor would like to have a word with you.[/quote']

WOW ...you have high hopes for Pat

Archived