Doesn't it feel good?

DeformedGravy

I still think Dunham is a very talented fighter with immense physicality and a great skill set. Against a guy like Guillard though it comes down to how well you can take a punch. And apparently against a fighter with Melvin's power and striking prowess' date=' he just wasn't able to survive.[/quote']

No doubt, I don't think Dunham is bad by any means. I've just been a fan of Guillard for awhile and it kind of ticked me off a little that everyone was counting him out. Dunham is still a tough fighter with lots of potential. Just glad that Melvin is finally proving what an exciting contender he is at 55 against top competition.

I don't think that fight ruined his chances of ever being champion. I think it was better how it happened, then if he had gotten beat down the whole fight. Guillard just caught him early and got him out of there, Dunham didn't sustain too much damage so he'll be able to start training soon again and get back.

We are just fortunate that Dunham did not fight someone of BJ Penns calibre of striking cause if we did we might have witnessed the first death in the Octogon

I honestly think Guillard could be the first guy to 'rock' BJ, since his striking defense is pretty nonexistent.

I don't think that fight ruined his chances of ever being champion. I think it was better how it happened' date=' then if he had gotten beat down the whole fight. Guillard just caught him early and got him out of there, Dunham didn't sustain too much damage so he'll be able to start training soon again and get back.[/quote']

His chances aren't gone, but now he'll have to work his way back up again and hopefully improve his striking.

Hes in a similar situation as Oliveira, solid talent but not quite good enough for the upper echelon just yet.

Nah, Dunham just couldn't keep up with Guillard's striking. He had the fight in the bag had he kept it to the ground. Not sure what he was thinking.

Either way, Dunham is very much still top of the food chain in that division. Guillard is a bad match up for him. I think he would have beaten Florian.

Archived