OFFICIAL Fitch vs Penn thread *Use for discussion*

Centurion480

Will Fitch get the ****le tot?

What round will BJ make it to before he decides that he dont wanna fight no more?

What will Penn fans newest excuse be?

Will Fitch do that weird jaw thing before Buffer announces his name?

What weight class will BJ go to after he loses? Since he clearly doesnt care what weight class he loses in.

Whether Fitch does his blanket impression or not, BJ will get dominated by the larger, superior wrestler.

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Fitch. He is good people..but,

If he cannot beat Penn, he may as well not fight GSP.

After what Penn did to Hughes, people and fans alike tend to think Penn will do the same to Fitch - which I doubt he could do.

Fitch is a different fighter compared to Hughes. I believe he can nullify Penn's striking by simply pressuring and getting into a clinch. Expect to see Fitch fight smartly and perhaps win this by unanimous decision.

I like Fitch. He is good people..but' date='

After what Penn did to Hughes, people and fans alike tend to think Penn will do the same to Fitch - which I doubt he could do.

Fitch is a different fighter compared to Hughes. I believe he can nullify Penn's striking by simply pressuring and getting into a clinch. [b']Expect to see Fitch fight smartly and perhaps win this by unanimous decision[/b].

Perhaps???!!!!??!

PERHAPS?!?!?!?

That's the only way Fitch can win!!!!

The only motivation for fighting GSP is probably money. No one in the division has come close to figuring out GSP.

I have him figured out - if only I was a fighter.

GSP is known for two things which he does consistently:

1. He does an extended jab or an inside leg kick with the same posture prior to throwing it. This should be examined and be exploited by all welter weights. In this position, GSP cannot throw hard shots and can be easily taken down if his opponents were able to see this.

2. When he senses an attack to come, he puts himself in wrestling mode and waits for the opportunity to shoot.

All this Penn will win or Fitch will win is a reflection of the youth on this site. This is a sport and like all sports, competitors will have their ups and downs.

I like this match up. It is between two competitors almost equally matched when compared to GSP.

Fitch and Penn may not be able to withstand the brute force of GSP, but when face to face against each other, this could be an interesting fight and may prove to be a battle of wills.

I give Fitch the upper hand in this fight because he is the more dedicated and more determined fighter of the two -

Here is to Fitch, the uncrowned champion.

I liked Fitch's footwork to setup takedowns against Alves. I can see him doing something similar to Penn and frustrate him like Edgar did' date=' though he's obviously not as quick as Edgar.[/quote']

sounds about right, Penn will get frustrated and lose a ud. Although his bjj is great (Pnn), fitch hasnt been stopped in the ufc and I havn't seen Penn pull off any sub other than a RNC in a long time. Penn will be on his back for the majority of this fight.

All this Penn will win or Fitch will win is a reflection of the youth on this site.

I give Fitch the upper hand in this fight because he is the more dedicated and more determined fighter of the two -

Here is to Fitch' date=' the uncrowned champion.[/quote']

Hypocrite

?noun

a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Or are you a ''youth'' ?

Hypocrite

?noun

a person who pretends to have virtues' date=' moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Or are you a ''youth'' ?[/quote']

I give you exhibit A. This is what I am talking about.

Thank you for volunteering your work.

anything can happen in a fight but lets face it jon fitch aint winning this fight unless its by a decision which will probably be the outcome of the fight when it happens but id like to see penn take this 1 n have a run at the welterweight title again if bjs properly dedicated himself to training n has the right motivation i wouldnt be suprised if he finished fitch

and for the record i never knew fitch had any real fans and if u are a fan of fitch ur either stuck in the closet or gay coz there is no way any real man can enjoy a jon fitch fight when he doesnt lose

I like Fitch. He is good people..but' date='

Fitch is a different fighter compared to Hughes. I believe he can nullify Penn's striking by simply pressuring and getting into a clinch. Expect to see Fitch fight smartly and perhaps win this by unanimous decision.[/quote']

This^^^

Penn will win via triangle

Fitch hasnt been sub'd since 2002 which was his first Pro MMA fight.

The last MMA fight where BJ sub'd somone from his back? Ummmmmm the 5th of NEVER.

Baby Jay is gonna get his butt kicked back to LW where he will get beat back to WW and the cycle will continue to repeat itself.

Fitch has a great chance of winning' date=' but to expect either one to dominate is foolish.[/quote']

Foolish?

Matt Hughes used his wrestling control BJ. Granted BJ sub'd him in the first fight but Fitch's sub defense is way better. GSP and Fitch are very similar fighters. Based on the 2nd GSP fight, BJ did very poorly. In fact, he was dominated.

Therefore it is logical to extrapolate that BJ will get his butt kicked and dominated against Fitch.

This is a missmatch of epic proportions and the fact that everyone thinks this is such a good fight i find laughable. Especially to those who think (hope) that Penn will actually win.

mma_penn_stpierre_300.jpg

I would have been quite worried about BJ fighting Fitch had he chosen too train solely in Hawaii for the fight, But Penn trained with Arguably the best pure BJJ practitioner in the United States in Seventh Degree Black Belt Sergio Penha, and he trained his boxing skills with Floyd Mayweather Sr, So Penn got good training for this fight and i really have no doubts that he not only defeat Fitch but he will be the first person inside the octagon too finish him!

Foolish?

Matt Hughes used his wrestling control BJ. Granted BJ sub'd him in the first fight but Fitch's sub defense is way better. GSP and Fitch are very similar fighters. Based on the 2nd GSP fight' date=' BJ did very poorly. In fact, he was dominated.

Therefore it is logical to extrapolate that BJ will get his butt kicked and dominated against Fitch.

This is a missmatch of epic proportions and the fact that everyone thinks this is such a good fight i find laughable. Especially to those who think (hope) that Penn will actually win.

[img']http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0202/mma_penn_stpierre_300.jpg[/img]

Yes, foolish. Fitch isn't Hughes.

BJ used to be as good fighter back a few years ago when he was kinda new and growing BUT, the last few years he has failed to evolve and has been very llazy and samish in his fights..while his competition has gotten better and passed him in most cases. His competition may not be able to beat him up in some cases.....but they are still evolving..and he has not.

The Hughs fight..well i guess you cant call it a lucky punch, cuz every punch good or bad thrown can miss or end a fight....but really..one punch fights dont show how a fighter is evolving....it showes they have a great punch if they connect....cuz we have all seen the best and the worst walk into a solid punch and get KTFO....

Fitch is going to control BJ and then finish him....cant wait to see BJ loose yet one more flight...he is already on a slippery slide.....would love to see him looose and get him closer to the door...hehehe

You used MMA math and made a horrible comparison. There was nothing I else I needed to say.

No. Let me explain to you what MMA math is.

Example:

Rampage>Machida and Machida > Rashad. Therefore Rampage > Rashad.

But MMA math fails.

Let me show you what i did in my post since you clearly didnt read it or maybe just didnt understand it. I will simplify.

Penn Lost to both Prime Hughes and GSP because they controled him with wrestling.

Fitch is stylisticlly very similair to these 2 fighters. Fitch has all the skills to exploit BJ's weaknesses. Therefore BJ is going to get dominated.

Do you understand now?

No. Let me explain to you what MMA math is.

Example:

Rampage>Machida and Machida > Rashad. Therefore Rampage > Rashad.

But MMA math fails.

Let me show you what i did in my post since you clearly didnt read it or maybe just didnt understand it. I will simplify.

Penn Lost to both Prime Hughes and GSP because they controled him with wrestling.

Fitch is stylisticlly very similair to these 2 fighters. Fitch has all the skills to exploit BJ's weaknesses. Therefore BJ is going to get dominated.

Do you understand now?

MMA math. Stylistically they are close-ish, but not the same. It also depends on your definition of dominate.

MMA math. Stylistically they are close-ish' date=' but not the same. It also depends on your definition of dominate.[/quote']

The great thing about MMA is that you never can be truly certain about the outcome of a fight. So Machida beat Evans, and Shogun beat Machida, does that mean for sure Shogun will beat Evans? The answer is no, just because someone has beaten a person that there opponent has lost too does not guarantee them victory.

MMA math. Stylistically they are close-ish' date=' but not the same. It also depends on your definition of dominate.[/quote']

This is not MMA math but i see that you dont let logic get in the way of your point.

Call it what ever you want but when Fitch beats Penn the same way Penn has been beaten in the past, remember what I said.

This is not MMA math but i see that you dont let logic get in the way of your point.

Call it what ever you want but when Fitch beats Penn the same way Penn has been beaten in the past' date=' remember what I said.[/quote']

I think Fitch is going to win, and win all three rounds. But that doesn't mean it will be easy, nor is it guaranteed.

anything can happen in a fight but lets face it jon fitch aint winning this fight unless its by a decision which will probably be the outcome of the fight when it happens but id like to see penn take this 1 n have a run at the welterweight title again if bjs properly dedicated himself to training n has the right motivation i wouldnt be suprised if he finished fitch

and for the record i never knew fitch had any real fans and if u are a fan of fitch ur either stuck in the closet or gay coz there is no way any real man can enjoy a jon fitch fight when he doesnt lose

Fitch is a good wrestler and his fights are interesting that is why i like him

but as someone else has said this fight will come down to a battle of wills and as we all know BJ caves under the pressure. BJ has shown he needs to know he is winning or he gives up where as Fitch is the opposite he is determined to win no matter how bleak his chances are.

THis is why i believe Fitch will win this fight and quite frankly BJ has never had a Champ mind set has the skill set just not the mind set.

Do you understand now?

Actually Penn lost the rematch with Hughes because after dominating round 1, culminating in an EXTREMELY tight triangle for BJ, he gassed trying to choke that tree stump neck on Hughes. He lost in round 2, but to call that a weakness to wrestling is to say Shane Carwin in a complete fish wrestling.

Also, Fitch is no where near as talented as GSP, and not quite as good as prime Hughes. He's going out against BJ.

Actually Penn lost the rematch with Hughes because after dominating round 1' date=' culminating in an EXTREMELY tight triangle for BJ, he gassed trying to choke that tree stump neck on Hughes. He lost in round 2, but to call that a weakness to wrestling is to say Shane Carwin in a complete fish wrestling.

[b']Also, Fitch is no where near as talented as GSP, and not quite as good as prime Hughes. He's going out against BJ.[/b]

Very well said a 27 year old version of Matt Hughes would defeat just about any top WW today, a prime Hughes defeated GSP in 1 round!

BJ " the can", the uninspired, the " im ready to fight now", im mad now, poor little boy from hilo....is gunna get owned......cant wait to see his poor little hilo *** get cut form the ufc..

if dana mentions machida gettin cut if he has one more loss.....then the same goes for "the can" Penn.......he is on a slippery slide.......yeeeehaaaaaa.....ride the spiral down BJ...all the way to strikeforce

Actually Penn lost the rematch with Hughes because after dominating round 1' date=' culminating in an EXTREMELY tight triangle for BJ, he gassed trying to choke that tree stump neck on Hughes. He lost in round 2, but to call that a weakness to wrestling is to say Shane Carwin in a complete fish wrestling.

Also, Fitch is no where near as talented as GSP, and not quite as good as prime Hughes. He's going out against BJ.[/quote']

I said BJ's weakness is quality wrestling as well as cardio and heart.

And no, Fitch is NOT as talented as GSP nor did i say he was. But hes the closest thing to a lesser version. Take GSP out of the weight class and Fitch would be champ.

I think Fitch takes this one easily barring BJ catching him with a big punch early. I really have no interest in seeing BJ fight GSP ever again. After he quit in between rounds in their last fight, BJ doesn't deserve another shot at him. That and the fact that BJ clearly lost both times they fought.

I learned a long time ago not to try to predict any fight involving Penn.

was their really any doubt before the 2nd GSP fight? it was written all over the wall that BJ was going to place 2nd.

The Fitch fright will be the same thing but less brutal. And then the next day we get to read all the penn fans complaining about Fitch being boring. LOL.

WAR Fitch.

The Fitch fright will be the same thing but less brutal. And then the next day we get to read all the penn fans complaining about Fitch being boring. LOL.

WAR Fitch.

Actually you can get online after ANY Fitch fight and see ANYONE call Fitch boring, because he is an abomination.

I would rather watch paint dry for 15 minutes than Fitch ruin a good card with his cuddling

Archived