Sign in to follow this  
Centurion480

OFFICIAL Fitch vs Penn thread *Use for discussion*

it's hard to give a 10-8 round though because penn was never really in danger of being finished.....it was just a bunch of pitter patter shots from above.......if that was someone else with an ounce of finishing power' date=' penn would have been done..[/quote']

Sonnen got multiple 10-8's on Silva for doing much less.

Fitch won the third round EASILY with a 10-8.

I know what it is...I dont think the second round was that...

Unless is was 10-9' date=' 10-10, 9-10 and draw.[/quote']

Judge 1 - 29-28 Fitch

means one of the following:

Round 1 - 10-9 Penn

Round 2 - 10-10 Draw

Round 3- 8-10 Fitch

or

Round 1 - 10-9 Penn

Round 2 - 9-10 Fitch

Round 3 - 9-10 Fitch

Judge 2 - 28-28

means the following:

Round 1 - 10-9 Penn

Round 2 - 10-9 Penn

Round 3 - 8-10 Fitch

Judge 3 - 28-28

same as above

The way it was score shows that only the first judge COULD have scored the 2nd round 10-10 (that's what I would have called on first viewing). You can tell the judges who scored it a draw didn't rule the second round a draw because had they, the score would have been 29-29.

Round 1 - 10-9 Penn

Round 2 - 10-10 Draw

Round 3 - 9-10 Fitch

=

29-29

I am saying if the second was a ten 10-10 draw then thats how the fight had to be scored by two of the judges...

No.

Two judges had it two rounds Penn, one round Fitch (10-8).

The only, had it Penn, draw, 10-8, Fitch.. or Penn, Fitch, Fitch.

Judge 1 - 29-28 Fitch

means one of the following:

Round 1 - 10-9 Penn

Round 2 - 10-10 Draw

Round 3- 8-10 Fitch

or

Round 1 - 10-9 Penn

Round 2 - 9-10 Fitch

Round 3 - 9-10 Fitch

Judge 2 - 28-28

means the following:

Round 1 - 10-9 Penn

Round 2 - 10-9 Penn

Round 3 - 8-10 Fitch

Judge 3 - 28-28

same as above

The way it was score shows that NO judge gave the 2nd round 10-10 (although that's what I would have called on first viewing). You can tell nobody ruled the second a draw because had they' date=' the score would have been 29-29.[/b']

Round 1 - 10-9 Penn

Round 2 - 10-10 Draw

Round 3 - 9-10 Fitch

=

29-29

I think you lost focus here.

You totally contradicted yourself.

After seeing the judges earlier call on the Nick Ring farce i reckon the corner were right to send him out there looking for the big finish.

Do not leave the decision in the judges hands, said time & time again for a reason.

Also, we all know BJ, if he felt hard done by he would have whined like a little girl when Rogan interviewed him.

No.

Two judges had it two rounds Penn' date=' one round Fitch (10-8).

The only, had it Penn, draw, 10-8, Fitch.. or Penn, Fitch, Fitch.[/quote']

Gotcha I am a little hungover so its hard for math, so thanks to you and other dude for clearing that up...

Youre so full of bs .So basically' date=' the 7 recorded fights i haver archived in my library with Fitch getting cornered properly and honestly were completely different than the Fight with Bj Penn? Yes you are correct, Fitch was losing round 1 and 2 and his cornered to him that. That camp just told Fitch the facts...you are losing.[/quote']

Bro, you've lost all credibility in discussing this fight............you've gone from BJ got robbed, to Fitch didn't win that, to a draw was right, to look at how Fitch's corner acted in his fight with Alves.

You're either currently coming down off an ether binge, or just aren't able to objectively discuss fights involving your man-love.

Either way, you're out. Hit the bricks.

Bro' date=' you've lost all credibility in discussing this fight............you've gone from BJ got robbed, to Fitch didn't win that, to a draw was right, to look at how Fitch's corner acted in his fight with Alves.

You're either currently coming down off an ether binge, or just aren't able to objectively discuss fights involving your man-love.

Either way, you're out. Hit the bricks.[/quote']

Nice way to dodge the topic by attacking my personal character and some make believe credibility that you or me have. Get real bro. The fact is Fitch lost round 1 and 2 and his corner told him so. This fight was a good call as a draw but it should have been Penn via split decision.

Bro' date=' you've lost all credibility in discussing this fight............you've gone from BJ got robbed, to Fitch didn't win that, to a draw was right, to look at how Fitch's corner acted in his fight with Alves.

Either way, you're out. Hit the bricks.[/quote']

HAHAHA!!

Ether binge. That's priceless.

It was a clear draw' date=' get over it. You guys are just looking for something to btch about.[/quote']

No it wasn't a draw. Look at the metrics.

Every major sports writer and analyst had it 29-28 Fitch, a lot 29-27.

Nice way to dodge the topic by attacking my personal character and some make believe credibility that you or me have. Get real bro. The fact is Fitch lost round 1 and 2 and his corner told him so. This fight was a good call as a draw but it should have been Penn via split decision.

Not sure you understand what a split decision is. If you think Penn clearly won round 1 and 2 and the 3rd wasn't a 10-8 then you think Penn should have won a 29-28 Unanimous decision.

Every major sports writer and analyst had it 29-28 Fitch' date=' a lot 29-27.[/quote']

I'll think you'll find it was.

You can talk all you want, but I'm pretty sure that you felt like Penn was about to lose a decision.

Now that you've had time to think of stupid arguments, you're jumping all over it like it was the right call.

Not sure you understand what a split decision is. If you think Penn clearly won round 1 and 2 and the 3rd wasn't a 10-8 then you think Penn should have won a 29-28 Unanimous decision.

lmao...........cue "ether binge" comment.

It just goes to show that he doesn't understand the scoring system, doesn't know how to score fights, and his opinion is completely irrelevant.

Are you really this new?

Any decent corner will always tell their fighter they need a big outing........so as not to let it go to the judges. Obviously there was no clear cut winner based on the first two rounds' date=' so being the smart team they are, explained he needed to win the 3rd. Man you're stretching..............it's quite funny to watch.

Nobody is saying Fitch won round 2 for the most part. Most people are calling it a draw.

1 - 10-9 Penn

2- 10-10 Draw

3 - 8-10 Fitch

29-28 Fitch. Make sense yet?[/quote']

Except in mma now there is practically never a 10-10 round. It may exist in theory but you don't really ever see it.

The fact that Bj Penn vacated the WW in 2004 and the entire time Fitch flew under the radar without ever even being concieved as a contender just shows you what Dana thinks about Fitch.

Of course he does. BJ is one of his biggest draws. He's a golden boy for Dana.

Dana HATES Jon Fitch. Because of how he fights (and the negative feedback from noob MMA fans who don't understand what they're watching) and the problems they had a few years back.

Too bad BJ didn't think he had won................

its not that surprising that Dana would want to see Penn win the fight(sometimes you see what you want to), it must be getting hard to sell a fighter that has 9 straight decision fights...i have no problems with the draw

Because he did' date=' lol.

It's mainly biased numpties who think BJ lost round 2.[/quote']

I guess that includes every major sports writer and analyst, as well as the official UFC stat provider.

Congrats, you've just attained perma-noob status.

Except in mma now there is practically never a 10-10 round. It may exist in theory but you don't really ever see it.

Doesn't mean they can't use it.

Siver vs Sotiropolous had a 10-10 round.

Split as in 2 of the 3 judges picked Penn as the winner. No doubt it was close enough for at least one of the judges to say Fitch won. Understand now?

Dana has nothing to do with the decision.

Even Fitch's best friends, the judges, are now telling him he needs to try and finish.

Of course he does. BJ is one of his biggest draws. He's a golden boy for Dana.

Dana HATES Jon Fitch. Because of how he fights (and the negative feedback from noob MMA fans who don't understand what they're watching) and the problems they had a few years back.

Too bad BJ didn't think he had won................

i am sorry bro, but you can not dismiss any 1 dislikes jon fitch fighting style as being a noob mma fan..thats very close minded

Doesn't mean they can't use it.

Siver vs Sotiropolous had a 10-10 round.

Sure but imo Penn won the round anyways as he got more dominant positions in the round. Hell thats how Fitch wins most of his fights ; )

Sure but imo Penn won the round anyways as he got more dominant positions in the round. Hell thats how Fitch wins most of his fights ; )

You don't even wanna know how I scored this fight ;)

Every major sports writer and analyst had it 29-28 Fitch' date=' a lot 29-27.[/quote']

Yes, Bisping and Rivera wasn't a draw I agree.

I agree that it could have gone 29-28 Fitch really, I'm not shocked or am not trying to defend that BJ clearly won rd 2 but it was just so damn close that it isn't really a big deal.

Honestly, when have everyone sat down and agree on a decision? Everyone sees the fight different ways really, this would be debatable if Fitch truly dominated BJ in the second, but it was close. That over flamed arguments about this are just ridiculous, it was a CLOSE fight. There was no robbery involved.

Robbery was Shogun Machida, Phan Garcia.

Could you tell the difference? I'm merely pointing out that nobody is or will be right about this judging, specially if the fight was that close. So people crying about how Fitch did this and BJ was ghey is really pathetic. If you feel so strongly that Fitch or anyone was robbed, countless others will dis agree and both of you will be in a loooong discussion about something stupid.

Some of you are talking you know what a majority draw is but you really have no idea.

A majority draw, two of the three judges agree that neither fighter won, the third judge indicates one fighter being the clear winner on scorecard

Imo

Rd 1 - BJ Penn 10 - 9

Rd2 - Could go either way

Rd3 - Fitch 10 - 8

So if Bj did win that round 2 as a 10-9, then the fight would be a draw at 28-28, right?

Then what was with the judge that scored the fight for fitch? he/she thought fitch won round 2 10-9?

Split as in 2 of the 3 judges picked Penn as the winner. No doubt it was close enough for at least one of the judges to say Fitch won. Understand now?

Seeing as all 3 judges scored round 3 10-8 how exactly would BJ have won a split decision? Given that 10-8 3rd the only possible person that could have won a decision was Fitch as indicated by the one judge that gave him the nod.

Seriously, with 10-8x3 show me some math that would allow Penn to get a nod from any judge.

Yes' date=' Bisping and Rivera wasn't a draw I agree.

I agree that it could have gone 29-28 Fitch really, I'm not shocked or am not trying to defend that BJ clearly won rd 2 but it was just so damn close that it isn't really a big deal.

Honestly, when have everyone sat down and agree on a decision? Everyone sees the fight different ways really, this would be debatable if Fitch truly dominated BJ in the second, but it was close. That over flamed arguments about this are just ridiculous, it was a CLOSE fight. There was no robbery involved.

[b']Robbery was Shogun Machida[/b], Phan Garcia.

Could you tell the difference? I'm merely pointing out that nobody is or will be right about this judging, specially if the fight was that close.

How could you call Machida vs Shogun a robbery, but then say that this decision is fine?

BJ got a takedown in both rounds 1 and 2. Got some reversals in the clinch and Sub attempts in both rounds. Fitch got a reversal and a bit of GnP in both. Big Difference BJ won both 1 & 2. Sub Attempts are much more higher on points than GnP.

So if Bj did win that round 2 as a 10-9' date=' then the fight would be a draw at 28-28, right?

Then what was with the judge that scored the fight for fitch? he/she thought fitch won round 2 10-9?[/quote']

Basically yeah, i personally thought he might have stolen the round as well to be honest.

Could somone provide me with the judges score cards?

Like how did each of the three judges score each round' date=' I can't remember exactly.[/quote']

One judge scored it 29-28 for Fitch, but the other two judges scored it 28-28,

Seeing as all 3 judges scored round 3 10-8 how exactly would BJ have won a split decision? Given that 10-8 3rd the only possible person that could have won a decision was Fitch as indicated by the one judge that gave him the nod.

Seriously' date=' with 10-8x3 show me some math that would allow Penn to get a nod from any judge.[/quote']

There are a lot of Penn fanboys who will argue until their last breath, that Fitch shouldn't have got a 10-8.