Frankie Edgar vs Melvin Guillard

TheRealist

Yeah i started to think about this fight after last night. I give the speed advantage to Edgar, but Guillard takes Power, explosiveness, strength, cardio? And he still has immense speed. As Joe Rogan said, that's about as much muscle you can put on as a LW. I take Guillard by TKO. If Maynard can rock Edgar in the stand-up, Guillard could turkey slap him silly.

Who do you think will win this?

I can only see it go one way. Melvin is faster' date=' stronger and bigger and knocks people TFO.[/quote']

I'll give you stronger and bigger, but faster, eh..... NO. I certainly think edgar is faster in general and since Melvin relies on hooks mostly he would get peppered with jabs from edgar all night long. Interesting fight, but it's time for people to stop underestimating edgar.

Frankie out boxed the greatest boxing LW in history' date=' and he did it twice. He would do it to Guillard as well.[/quote']

BJ would get picked apart by Guillard as well because speed is his achilles heel. Frankie's shuffles would not help him in any way shape or form against Guillard.

BJ would get picked apart by Guillard as well because speed is his achilles heel. Frankie's shuffles would not help him in any way shape or form against Guillard.

You are making Guillard sound like the greatest LW ever. He'd get KO'd by BJ, and would stupid against Frankie.

Ah was about time people jumped on the Guillard bandwagon after what a few hours?

The only advantage I would give to Guillard is his strength' date=' Edgar is better at everything else.[/quote']

Lol im not someone that joined the Guillard bandwagon, ive been on the guillard trainwreck during his coke days haha

i think guillards punching speed is just as fast as edgar, but the footwork and movement has to go to edgar

honestly guillard is showing better and better TDD working with greg jackson camp, if Guillard keeps improving , I think he has what it takes to take out edgar

Edgar almost got finished by Maynard. Guillard hits harder and is a better finisher than Maynard. He has better movement than Maynard. Guillard would only need one shot on Edgars chin and it would be nighty night for Edgar. Cmon guys' date=' seriously.[/quote']

Nighty night? you serious? Edgar has a good chin , and a lot of heart otherwise maynard would have KOed him. Maynard is a power puncher. Edgar has faced many power punchers.

BJ and Gray most notably the powerfulest power punchers he has faced.

I'll give you stronger and bigger' date=' but faster, eh..... NO. I certainly think edgar is faster in general and since Melvin relies on hooks mostly he would get peppered with jabs from edgar all night long. Interesting fight, [b']but it's time for people to stop underestimating edgar[/b].

This^. How long does it take for him to earn his respect? + I think Edgar will counter Guillard's striking all night.

Nighty night? you serious? Edgar has a good chin ' date=' and a lot of heart otherwise maynard would have KOed him. Maynard is a power puncher. Edgar has faced many power punchers.

BJ and Gray most notably the powerfulest power punchers he has faced.[/quote']

Yeah but BJ isn't as fast as Melvin. His foot work is predictable. People really don't give credit to Melvin. He's like he said the dark horse at LW. I've always seen Melvin as a threat, and no one acknowledges the guy.

I think Edgar would be too much for him and too unpredictable. The way Edgar mixes things up he'd really have Melvin frustrated after awhile and then on his back. He'd put up a great fight and try to out muscle Frankie, but I unfortunately see Edgar working him on the ground. Keeping busy.

I can only see Melvin winning if he can keep it on the feet in the first and 2nd. If not I see him getting frustrated and worked on the ground.

Melvin will eventually be a brute force but right now he still has a little more work ahead of him with his training. Then he'll be a serious threat to Edgar.

Nighty night? you serious? Edgar has a good chin ' date=' and a lot of heart otherwise maynard would have KOed him. Maynard is a power puncher. Edgar has faced many power punchers.

BJ and Gray most notably the powerfulest power punchers he has faced.[/quote']

i don't get how maynard is a power puncher when he only knocked out one guy...joe veres..i think he got lucky with the punch on edgar..

Penn is a power puncher not maynard

But Guillard is probably the most powerful when it comes to strikes in the division tho..

I like both of them but if frankie got smacked by maynard (who really isnt that fast or a KO artist) i think guillard has a chance to win this

i don't get how maynard is a power puncher when he only knocked out one guy...joe veres..i think he got lucky with the punch on edgar..

Penn is a power puncher not maynard

But Guillard is probably the most powerful when it comes to strikes in the division tho..

I like both of them but if frankie got smacked by maynard (who really isnt that fast or a KO artist) i think guillard has a chance to win this

I hope so but like I said in my previous post. I think Edgar takes it. Depends on how well Melvin trains on his TDD. If the fight stays standing. I have Melvin taking a lot of fast jabs but scaring Edgar with his power in his hands. Then Edgar trying to mix it up and take him down.

Wow. I like Guillard but people who voted for him to beat Frankie based on one victory over someone with an untested jaw seems a little premature.

I put a lot of thought into it and would like to change my vote but I can't now. I just have always liked Melvin and unfortunately I know he would most likely lose to Edgar. He'd have a good chance but I see him falling short of victory.

Archived