Melvin Guillard: "Honestly, I feel like a should be next in line."

Emrig

Listen, I know there are going to be haters, but I would love to see this guy get a shot against Frankie or Gray. He's super explosive and always puts on an exciting fight, and he can end the fight with one punch.

Plus it seems like he's a different fighter since moving over to the Jackson camp. I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I would love to see him step up and get a shot.

Source: http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Melvin-Guillard-I-will-get-that-belt.html

pettis vs guillard would be sick

It would make so much more sense to take Guida out of the fight with Pettis and put Guillard in. Guida isn't that great of a striker and will most likely just TRY to stifle Pettis's stand up, with Guillard we could see a battle of the ages, also Guillard is on a 4 fight win streak, winner of that fight fights for the belt.. since Pettis was supposed to anyways no one should have a problem with that.

It's amazing how Melvin has been fighting in the UFC for so long, and I know you'll say he hasn't faced some top competition and bla bla bla.

The fact is everyone else gets premature title shots based on hype and Melvin has to work his way up? I can understand some are in line before him but he does pose a good threat to the LW Division.

It's sad to see so many fighters have to work their way up the ladder. Like Fitch or any other fighter for that matter.

Pettis vs Guillard would be a great fight.

The guys already had like 60 fights or something. I can see the point that there are other fighters that maybe deserve it a bit more, but why does Jim Miller? or Kenflo who's already had his shot. I'd rather see someone like this get a shot before either of those two.

Pettis I can see because he was already promised, but after that I'd rather see a guy like Guillard than anyone else.

It would make so much more sense to take Guida out of the fight with Pettis and put Guillard in. Guida isn't that great of a striker and will most likely just TRY to stifle Pettis's stand up' date=' with Guillard we could see a battle of the ages, also Guillard is on a 4 fight win streak, winner of that fight fights for the belt.. since Pettis was supposed to anyways no one should have a problem with that.[/quote']

Agreed with this actually.

It's amazing how Melvin has been fighting in the UFC for so long' date=' and I know you'll say he hasn't faced some top competition and bla bla bla.

The fact is everyone else gets premature title shots based on hype and Melvin has to work his way up? I can understand some are in line before him but he does pose a good threat to the LW Division.

It's sad to see so many fighters have to work their way up the ladder. Like Fitch or any other fighter for that matter.

Pettis vs Guillard would be a great fight.[/quote']

Its just another example of keeping the brothas down

It would make so much more sense to take Guida out of the fight with Pettis and put Guillard in. Guida isn't that great of a striker and will most likely just TRY to stifle Pettis's stand up' date=' with Guillard we could see a battle of the ages, also Guillard is on a 4 fight win streak, winner of that fight fights for the belt.. since Pettis was supposed to anyways no one should have a problem with that.[/quote']

G-Sot would have a problem with it. He's on an 8 fight win streak, the last 5 at lightweight. I do think Pettis deserves a shot.

Listen' date=' I know there are going to be haters, but I would love to see this guy get a shot against Frankie or Gray. He's super explosive and always puts on an exciting fight, and he can end the fight with one punch.

Plus it seems like he's a different fighter since moving over to the Jackson camp. I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I would love to see him step up and get a shot.

Source: http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Melvin-Guillard-I-will-get-that-belt.html[/quote']

He could beat anyone in the division on a given night.

Listen' date=' I know there are going to be haters, but I would love to see this guy get a shot against Frankie or Gray. He's super explosive and always puts on an exciting fight, and he can end the fight with one punch.

Source: http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Melvin-Guillard-I-will-get-that-belt.html[/quote']

Why is the source 5K when he says it right here in the post fight interviews. :P

Anyway I don't think he's quite there yet. He needs atleast 1-2 more fights.

Archived