Anyone else for sorry for Hominick ?

DKF

I mean I don't think he deserves the shot regardless.

I feel like he is no where near Aldo's level.

Also, he keeps a lot of weight on his front foot, and didn't even check George's leg kicks. Aldo's leg kicks are the Chuck Norris's' of leg kicks, I wouldn't be suprised if Hominick leaves the cage missing the knee-down part of his left leg. He is going to be mangled by leg kicks.

I'm sure this is a consensus ?

Also' date=' he keeps a lot of weight on his front foot, and [b']didn't even check George's leg kicks. [/b]Aldo's leg kicks are the Chuck Norris's' of leg kicks, I wouldn't be suprised if Hominick leaves the cage missing the knee-down part of his left leg. He is going to be mangled by leg kicks.

I'm sure this is a consensus ?

That's because he, rightfully so, had no respect for George Roop's horrible stand up. Hominick is right when he says that Aldo hasn't fought a striker like him. In all honesty Mike Brown is probably the best striker Aldo has fought in the WEC, and even he is a wrestler first.

I think Hominick and Aldo is a very, very interesting match up and will be a lot closer than people expect.

Also' date=' he keeps a lot of weight on his front foot, and didn't even check George's leg kicks. Aldo's leg kicks are the Chuck Norris's' of leg kicks, I wouldn't be suprised if Hominick leaves the cage missing the knee-down part of his left leg. He is going to be mangled by leg kicks.

I'm sure this is a consensus ?[/quote']

what fighter is?

I feel as if Hominick is the best fighter to ever face Aldo.

I kind of feel like he is one of the best to face Aldo, but that just goes to show that before Faber left it was a division with 2 good fighters... It has to be even shallower than the HW division.

Hominick is a striker as someone else mentioned, but I feel that him being a striker will work in reverse if he doesn't defend against the leg kicks.

Yall are getting carried away. He TKO'd Roop... Roop.

No ones saying thats special. I knew he was gonna own Roop. But five wins in a row is enough to earn a title shot.

They're trying to set up an exciting fight, someone who will strike with Aldo. Would you rather him fight Mendes??

That was 3 fights before he had a contender fight. This was Hominicks contender fight.

Aldo's contender fight he finished it in 8 seconds with a DOUBLE flying knee

Roop made it into the second round with G-Sot which is impressive I guess. And knocked Jung out cold with a head kick. He looked like a fool against Mark. Franky Edgar had his contender fight against Matt Veach and went on to beat BJ Penn.

That was 3 fights before he had a contender fight. This was Hominicks contender fight.

Aldo's contender fight he finished it in 8 seconds with a DOUBLE flying knee

It's really easy to dismiss this because you have an Aldo avatar and such, but this is a really good point.

inb4 Hominick's post-fight push ups mean he will win.

Roop made it into the second round with G-Sot which is impressive I guess. And knocked Jung out cold with a head kick. He looked like a fool against Mark. Franky Edgar had his contender fight against Matt Veach and went on to beat BJ Penn.

Jung head Kick KO was nice, but Jung's stand up is terrible, he doesn't cover at all.

The G-Sot fight I didn't see, so I can't pass judgment on that. But he also lost to Eddie ****ing wineland, Garcia he split drawed with.

The Edgar point you made is good, but Aldo has been a lot more consistent than Penn.

Like I said, we'll continue this discussion post-129.

Jung head Kick KO was nice' date=' but Jung's stand up is terrible, he doesn't cover at all.

The G-Sot fight I didn't see, so I can't pass judgment on that. But he also lost to Eddie ****ing wineland, Garcia he split drawed with.

The Edgar point you made is good, but Aldo has been a lot more consistent than Penn.

Like I said, we'll continue this discussion post-129.[/quote']

yes we will, I understand where you are coming from with this and I respect that. But I don't see how Mark is any worse than Mike Brown or Urijah Faber standing.

doesn't deserve it? are you kidding? if there is anybody that deserves a title shot it is hominick.

not only is he extremely professional & respectful, but he never lost while fighting in the UFC @ 155, & he finished up in the WEC on a great win streak including one of the most exciting fights of 2010 in his win over Yves Jabouin.

he definitely has a chance, he definitely deserves it, aldo has definitely never faced a striker like mark, i 100% agree with marks statement, & he is one of the most saavy game plan type fighters out there. He isn't just going to walk into Aldo's kicks like he did with Roop.

I'm a huge Jose Aldo fan, i watched him religiously since he took out my boy Cub Swanson wit a flying knee in mere seconds, but i have & always will support Hominick since he is from my province.

two good guys going at it in a great title fight.

no hate or bias here.

doesn't deserve it? are you kidding? if there is anybody that deserves a title shot it is hominick.

not only is he extremely professional & respectful' date=' but he never lost while fighting in the UFC @ 155, & he finished up in the WEC on a great win streak including one of the most exciting fights of 2010 in his win over Yves Jabouin.

he definitely has a chance, he definitely deserves it, aldo has definitely never faced a striker like mark, i 100% agree with marks statement, & he is one of the most saavy game plan type fighters out there. He isn't just going to walk into Aldo's kicks like he did with Roop.

I'm a huge Jose Aldo fan, i watched him religiously since he took out my boy Cub Swanson wit a flying knee in mere seconds, but i have & always will support Hominick since he is from my province.

two good guys going at it in a great title fight.

no hate or bias here.[/quote']

that is logic right there...agree with everything you just said

No ones saying thats special. I knew he was gonna own Roop. But five wins in a row is enough to earn a title shot.

They're trying to set up an exciting fight' date=' someone who will strike with Aldo. Would you rather him fight Mendes??[/quote']

Not to mention, having a Canadian fight for the title at a Canadian event helps boost UFC's popularity I'm sure.

Archived