Why do fighters start to suck once they join the UFC?

RatedRSuperstar1406053149

Why? Like the dudes that fought in K1 or pride. When they join the UFC, they start to suck and they're not the same fighter that they were back in the other organization. Why is this? It's ridiculous. Pat Barry for example. He was in K1, but ever since he came to the UFC, he hasn't been that impressive. Look at his highlights of his older fights back in K1. He was a ****ing beast.

Also, Mirko Cro Cop. His UFC fights are mediocre. Same with Jake Shields. He joined the UFC, and almost got beat by Martin Kampmann. Jake looked horrible. And now he's already getting a title shot? And there's many maaany other fighters that were good back in the other organization but suck in the UFC. When Shogun first joined the UFC, he wasn't as good as he was back in pride. But then ever since he lost to the BS decision to Machida, he suddenly got his pride fighting skills back.

Why? Like the dudes that fought in K1 or pride. When they join the UFC' date=' they start to suck and they're not the same fighter that they were back in the other organization. Why is this? It's ridiculous. Pat Barry for example. He was in K1, but ever since he came to the UFC, he hasn't been that impressive. Look at his highlights of his older fights back in K1. He was a ****ing beast.

Also, Mirko Cro Cop. His UFC fights are mediocre. Same with Jake Shields. He joined the UFC, and almost got beat by Martin Kampmann. Jake looked horrible. And now he's already getting a title shot? And there's many maaany other fighters that were good back in the other organization but suck in the UFC. When Shogun first joined the UFC, he wasn't as good as he was back in pride. But then ever since he lost to the BS decision to Machida, he suddenly got his pride fighting skills back.[/quote']

There are huge differences between K1 and MMA. There are many different aspects of MMA to worry about during a fight, someone correct if I am wrong but in K1 it is mostly striking. Also the pride thing, as strange as it sounds fighters claim it takes them awhile to adjust from the ring to octagon and get use to throwing elbows and receiving them on the ground. Just a lot of adjustments and differences because the two promotions and the vast difference between MMA and K1, did that help answer your question at all?

a lot of their fighters were past their primes so having to adjust to new things out of their prime was not that easy for them, at least the ones who were not successful.

I mean Rampage adjusted well come over and won the title.

Shogun does not really count because he had knee surgery before his first fight.

That would have messed any fighter up no matter where they were.

Who else...has done bad who came from pride?

a lot of their fighters were past their primes so having to adjust to new things out of their prime was not that easy for them' date=' at least the ones who were not successful.

Shogun does not really count because he had knee surgery before his first fight.

Who else...has done bad who came from pride?[/quote']

I think most people that came from Pride lost their first match in the UFC. Rampage is the only one to get a KO in his first match that I can think of.

Pride, who held most of the talent at the time, had a whole diferent set of rules and besides i dont think Japan had any juice restrictions, just get a couple of pics of Wandy and Rampage and check pics of them in the UFC, of course Wandy's UFC pics should be when he fought at 205, they looked bulked in Pride and much more lean in the UFC.

Shogun had the surgeries.

Big Nog and Cro Cop are past their prime and Big Nog just took to much punishment on Pride, and Cro Cop got afraid of fighting after he almost got his head ripped off by Napao.

And bottom line it just shows you that UFC had the better talent period.

Pride' date=' who held most of the talent at the time, had a whole diferent set of rules and besides i dont think Japan had any juice restrictions, just get a couple of pics of Wandy and Rampage and check pics of them in the UFC, of course Wandy's UFC pics should be when he fought at 205, they looked bulked in Pride and much more lean in the UFC.

Shogun had the surgeries.

Big Nog and Cro Cop are past their prime and Big Nog just took to much punishment on Pride, and Cro Cop got afraid of fighting after he almost got his head ripped off by Napao.

And bottom line it just shows you that UFC had the better talent period.[/quote']

Org vs org is F'n stupid but this is wrong.

If you look at all the other fighters of that time(when PRIDE was around)LIDDELL,HUGHES,SYLVIA,FRANKLIN....

They are all struggling now too along side the greats who were signed to PRIDE at that time.

EXCEPT Anderson , Mauricio, and Rampage

...p.s though Shogun was super young and just recently turned 28 and hasnt even hit his prime yet

a lot of their fighters were past their primes so having to adjust to new things out of their prime was not that easy for them' date=' at least the ones who were not successful.

Who else...has done bad who came from pride?[/quote']

Exactly.

THE Shogun we all wanted to see and were expecting in his debut, healthy and prepared ......AND even far more improved then ever before, arrived against Liddell and the results were awesome and Shogun has been nothing short of pure awesome since

Exactly.

THE Shogun we all wanted to see and were expecting in his debut' date=' healthy and prepared ......AND even far more improved then ever before, arrived against Liddell and the results were awesome and Shogun has been nothing short of pure awesome since[/quote']

i wish the same could be said against him and his fight with forrest

he looked like total **** in that fight!!

i wish the same could be said against him and his fight with forrest

he looked like total **** in that fight!!

Uh "Healty and Prepared"

Did you not read that part?

Shogun recueved a louder and bigger reception then Forrest at the weigh ins....The fans were EXCITIED beyond belief for Shogun's official UFC debut... unfortunately he was severly injuried and choose to fight anyway:'(

Is it because they lost their skill upon entering the UFC from other orgs? Or is it because the skill level in the UFC is much higher than they're used too? Pat Barry Vs Overeem in UFC? Barry would spank the hype right out of him!

First of all 3/4ths of "UFC fighters" HAVE fought for other orgs.

Cain debuted in Strikeforce

Anderson was a PRIDE washout

Shogun came from Valu Tudo and PRIDE

Rampage was a HUGE PRIDE STAR ect

AND vice versa

Chuck fought in PRIDE.

Wanderlei, Sakuraba, and Henderson all fought in the UFC before they ever fought in PRIDE

But if you do want to put a "label" on fighters then....

-Nogueria beat dominant UFC champ Sylvia

-Henderson beat Franklin & Bisbing and only lost to PRIDE fighter Rampage and former PRIDE fighter Anderson

-ANDERSON AND SHOGUN ARE THE CHAMPS ect

Really just look at the fighters who were UFC champs at the time PRIDE was around....Liddell,Hughes,Franklin,Tito,Sylvia ect THEY ARE ALL STRUGGLING along side the struggling "PRIDE VETS"....EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM

I agree 100% with this thread, most fighters who go from Pride to the Ufc aren't that great anymore, and another 2 examples are Gomi and Lil Nog, Gomi got finished twice already, and Lil Nog came close to losing against Brilz(I thought he did), and lost to Bader, it seems like the only way these 2 would do better is against fighter who will stand with them. Since they both received knockout victories in the Ufc.

What about Anderson Silva champion, Shogun champion, Rampage. Gomi isnt that bad, hes just lost to some goo dfighters thats all. Gomi hasnt lost to bad fighters, only good ones.

I think The Ultimate Fighter winners are overhyped lol.

But yeah , Mirko seems to of had it. Nog seems to of been in to many wars. People do get older though aswelland some of the PRIDE guys arent in thier prime anymore.

What makes a fighter a "UFC" fighter?.

3/4ths of "UFC fighters" HAVE fought for other orgs.

Cain debuted in Strikeforce

Anderson was a PRIDE washout

Shogun came from Valu Tudo and PRIDE

Rampage was a HUGE PRIDE STAR ect

AND vice versa

Chuck fought in PRIDE.

Wanderlei' date=' Sakuraba, and Henderson all fought in the UFC before they ever fought in PRIDE ect

But if you do want to put a "label" on fighters then....

-Nogueria beat dominant UFC champ Sylvia

-Henderson beat Franklin & Bisbing and only lost to PRIDE fighter Rampage and former PRIDE fighter Anderson

-Former PRIDE fighters ANDERSON AND SHOGUN ARE THE CHAMPS ect

Really just look at the fighters who were UFC champs at the time PRIDE was around....Liddell,Hughes,Franklin,Tito,Sylvia ect THEY ARE ALL STRUGGLING along side the struggling "PRIDE VETS"....EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM[/quote']

^^^

Archived