LW Division = Most Stacked

I_MC

Just looking at the LW roster http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Weight_Class/Lightweight

After the merger and other new additions, 57 fighters, more than any other division.

Here's how I think it stacks up, top 10 and below...

Top 10

Frankie Edgar

Gray Maynard

Anthony Pettis

George Sot

Kenny Florian

Melvin Guillard

Evan Dunham

Clay Guida

Sean Sherk

Jim Miller

Not top 10 but still have potential

Ben Henderson

Donald Cerrone

Kamal Shalarus

Jeremy Stephens

Takanori Gomi

Yves Edwrads

Mark Bocek

Charles Oliviera

Tyson Griffin

Joe Daddy

Matt Wiman

Cole Miller

Kurt Pelligrino

Ross Pearson

Edson Barboza

Dos Anjos

Terry Etim

Shane Roller

Anthony Njokuani

John Makdesi

and the list goes on!

There's so many its hard to come up with top 10. Some of you may not agree with mine.

I think some kind of tourney would be awesome but hey thats just me..

thoughts

Your delusional if you don't think LW is the most stacked.

NOTE: LHW has the most star POWER' date=' doesn't mean it's the most [b']STACKED[/b].

What division is more stacked, has more contenders and more potential?

and don't say ww

Just looking at the LW roster http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Weight_Class/Lightweight

After the merger and other new additions' date=' 57 fighters, more than any other division.

Here's how I think it stacks up, top 10 and below...

Top 10

Frankie Edgar

Gray Maynard

Anthony Pettis

George Sot

Kenny Florian

Melvin Guillard

Evan Dunham

Clay Guida

Sean Sherk

Jim Miller

Not top 10 but still have potential

Ben Henderson

Donald Cerrone

Kamal Shalarus

Jeremy Stephens

Takanori Gomi

Yves Edwrads

Mark Bocek

Charles Oliviera

Tyson Griffin

Joe Daddy

Matt Wiman

Cole Miller

Kurt Pelligrino

Ross Pearson

Edson Barboza

Dos Anjos

Terry Etim

Shane Roller

Anthony Njokuani

John Makdesi

and the list goes on!

There's so many its hard to come up with top 10. Some of you may not agree with mine.

I think some kind of tourney would be awesome but hey thats just me..

thoughts[/quote']

You forgot Maciej Jewtuszko, he will be in the top 10 soon enough.

lhw is far more stacked

Shogun

Rashad

Rampage

Lyoto

Jon Jones

Ryan Bader

Randy Couture

Rich Franklin

Forrest Griffen

Thiago Silva

All of them could be Champion.

Jones or Bader is about to be offed from that list.

Couture is surely to old(yes i know hes heard that for years but hes pushing 50 now)

Franklin so far gone i doubt he'd even be considered for a title shot ever again

Forrest had better overhaul his training if he wants to be relevant

and i feel you missed Lil Nog as the defeat to Bader was complete horse ****

How do you have Dunham(lost 2 in a row) over Sherk(Just beat Dunham and only losses @ LW are to Frankie and BJ) and Henderson(Just lost LW title)

Lol, I knew you wouldn't like that. Sherk didn't really beat Dunham, the judges just say he did. And Sherk isn't around that much, maybe once a year.

And Henderson boggled my mind too. Thats what I'm sayin, its too stacked to rank. Where would you have Bendo??

As much as I hate to say it' date=' I agree LW is now the most stacked divsion and yes people are confusing STACKED with STAR POWER.

[b']i would now go LW-WW-LHW as most stacked.[/b]

+1

FW and BW will eventually be up there too, maybe a year or two

thats not stacked OP makes a valid point after those names it's nobodies.

The op listed off some lw fighters that don't even hold a flame to those guys. The lw division may have tons of people in it because of the merger but the level of fighters in the top 10 in lhw is far greater than the top 10 in lw.

Jones or Bader is about to be offed from that list.

Couture is surely to old(yes i know hes heard that for years but hes pushing 50 now)

Franklin so far gone i doubt he'd even be considered for a title shot ever again

Forrest had better overhaul his training if he wants to be relevant

and i feel you missed Lil Nog as the defeat to Bader was complete horse ****

Couture has won his last 3 and has been old almost his entire career lol

Franklin looked good in his last fight. And Lil Nog could be on the list for sure. I made that list in a few seconds.

okay ill have to agree that the LW div has the deepest pool of talent; however alot of people like to say the UFC's HW div is weak...

First you have to realise there arnt many heavyweights out there and even if there is they like to cut to 205. And imo if they had fedor, alister, josh barnett in the UFC the division would be much better, its not the UFC's fault that the other half of the HW talent is @ strikeforce. Fedor needs to be in the UFC and so does Alister thats a must to improve the UFC's HW div. The lighter weight classes will always have more talent because 6/10 fighters are around 70-85kg or 155lbs-185lbs so less HW in general, not even talking about good ones

The op listed off some lw fighters that don't even hold a flame to those guys. The lw division may have tons of people in it because of the merger but the level of fighters in the top 10 in lhw is far greater than the top 10 in lw.

Every fighter I listed below top 10 has the potential to be a contander, or has shown it in the past. When I look at LHW beyond the top 10....I don't see that!!

okay ill have to agree that the LW div has the deepest pool of talent; however alot of people like to say the UFC's HW div is weak...

First you have to realise there arnt many heavyweights out there and even if there is they like to cut to 205. And imo if they had fedor' date=' alister, josh barnett in the UFC the division would be much better, its not the UFC's fault that the other half of the HW talent is @ strikeforce. Fedor needs to be in the UFC and so does Alister thats a must to improve the UFC's HW div. The lighter weight classes will always have more talent because 6/10 fighters are around 70-85kg or 155lbs-185lbs so less HW in general, not even talking about good ones[/quote']

yeah i agree, i also think there is more incentive for LWs to train mma than there is for HWs cause most guys that big might think they are already big and bad enough to beat most other guys out there. so even the few that manage to go into the UFC chances are they will be untrained and end up as cans.

this is why so many HWs are sluggish and fat.

Archived