Frank Mir vs Roy Nelson

Spider_FTW

Not a fan of Mir, but I want to see him get back on track.

Very close match-up; but Mir should have the advantage on the ground while Nelson should have a slight advantage on the feet.

Oh and don't bring up the "but Nelson beat Mir in grappling before!" argument.

Not a fan of Mir' date=' but I want to see him get back on track.

Very close match-up; but Mir should have the advantage on the ground while Nelson should have a slight advantage on the feet.

Oh and don't bring up the "but Nelson beat Mir in grappling before!" argument.[/quote']

Agreed, it is a very dumb argument. The grapple match is soooo friggin old and MMA is extremely different than grappling. Its alot harder to advance position when you are eating elbows and fists.

Mir is probably the more technical fighter but he will have a difficult time against a veteran like Nelson.

Furthermore, Mir's best chances in winning this fight is in the stand up department in which I think he will ultimately lose because of his endurance.

And keep in mind, Mir does not have good take downs which IMO will decide this match.

Nelson should out-perform Mir in the cardio department and may possibly pull away after the second round for a unanimous decision win.

All this has been spoken by a Mir fan. Nelson is a bad match up for Mir.

Mir is more of a vetran than Nelson is. I don't think Mir is any better on the ground than Nelson. Having said that anything can happen, but I don't see Mir winning this fight, because anywhere it goes I think Nelson is equal or better, but they are still close, and anything can happen. I won't be totaly shocked if Mir wins, but I will be a little suprised.

I think Nelson will beat Mir. I think Nelson has a better gas tank and hits harder.

On the ground i do not know who will have the edge however. But i do not see this fight going to the ground, both fighters have horrible takedowns so i think this is going to be fought standing and on the fence.

Mir is probably the more technical fighter but he will have a difficult time against a veteran like Nelson.

Furthermore' date=' Mir's best chances in winning this fight is in the stand up department in which I think he will ultimately lose because of his endurance.

And keep in mind, Mir does not have good take downs which IMO will decide this match.

Nelson should out-perform Mir in the cardio department and may possibly pull away after the second round for a unanimous decision win.

All this has been spoken by a Mir fan. Nelson is a bad match up for Mir.[/quote']

Nelson out cardio Mir? idk about that one, he looked pretty gassed against JDS not to mention Mir was able to greco wrestle fir 3 rounds with cro cop (not a huge feat but wrestling is exhausting)... Mir's advantage is reach and spead and will win if he sticks and moves. I think Mir could possibly put Nelson away after rocking him, then going for a sub, but I think Mir by UD

Not a fan of Mir' date=' but I want to see him get back on track.

Oh and don't bring up the "but Nelson beat Mir in grappling before!" argument.[/quote']

Nelson beat mir in grappling before, i have roy wining this one

Archived