Is football more dangerous than...

king_cillo

More leg and knee injuries in football but then again footballers dont take decades to recover like a certain MMA fight to recover from knee injuries yes Shogun we are looking at you.

ummm trye and false. yes football has more leg injuries, but they often do take a while to recover. Tom Brady missed an entire season and when he came back, he wasnt himself until the following season. On the other hand, Wes Welker tore his ACL and MCL in the same knee in the last game of the season and didn't miss a down this year. It all depends on how the surgery/ rehab goes.

Which is more dangerous? tough call...we are just starting to see the long term effects of helmet to helmet collisions/ concussions and mma is relativly new so the long term effects are not yet known. My gut tells me football because there is head to head contact on every play, and some wrestlers can go an entire career without getting knocked out.

ummm trye and false. yes football has more leg injuries' date=' but they often do take a while to recover. Tom Brady missed an entire season and when he came back, he wasnt himself until the following season. On the other hand, Wes Welker tore his ACL and MCL in the same knee in the last game of the season and didn't miss a down this year. It all depends on how the surgery/ rehab goes.

Which is more dangerous? tough call...we are just starting to see the long term effects of helmet to helmet collisions/ concussions and mma is relativly new so the long term effects are not yet known. My gut tells me football because there is head to head contact on every play, and some wrestlers can go an entire career without getting knocked out.[/quote']

think the OP meant proper football or as you like to call it soccer

no way to compare. for all we know the damage to the head taken in mma will come right back at them 20 years after retiring. while football definatly has more knee injurys and more severe ones i think mma will probably be more dangerous when we learn more. also football isnt that bad im playing my 9th season of football this year and ive suffered no real injuries.

Archived