Matt Mitrione will NEVER become Heavyweight Champion.

RatedRSuperstar1406053149

Trust me on this. Save this page. And come back to it like 5 years later, and then ask yourself "Is Matt Mitrione the HW champ?" and the answer will be NO. Matt will never get past Cain Velasquez. As long as Cain is in the UFC, Matt will NEVER be champion. And it loooks like Cain is gonna be fighting for a while. Maybe 7-8 years before Cain retires.

Trust me on this. Save this page. And come back to it like 5 years later' date=' and then ask yourself "Is Matt Mitrione the HW champ?" and the answer will be NO. Matt will never get past Cain Velasquez. As long as Cain is in the UFC, Matt will NEVER be champion. And it loooks like Cain is gonna be fighting for a while. Maybe 7-8 years before Cain retires.[/quote']

I dont think he will but...do you have a crystal ball where you know this for sure? I mean anything can happen in mma.

you know, i remember this old guy once who was set to fight this really young fighter named belfort. everyone wrote him off cause of his age...oddly though i think that guy went on to do quite well...randy something...couture maybe.

anyways moral of this story is you can never predict whats going to happen. its what makes mma so interesting. so many fighters with potiental who never become nothing. so many fighters with no real standout talent who find a way to go far.

I'm certainly not ready to say that Mitrione will win the title but he has looked markedly better in every fight so far. I would say that he looks far more promising to me than Struve who people seem to be crazy for. He's not on the level of Cain, Carwin or Lesnar yet but you never know. He looked very light on his feet for a heavyweight and showed some decent take down defense. His kicks and punches looked sharp as well. If Tim Sylvia was able to win the title then why not Mitrione.

You never know. During the 10th season of The Ultimate Fighter I never would've thought Matt Mitrione would ever be in the UFC, much less win a few fights. He seemed like a schlub destined to be fodder for the television show before being cast off to fight in regional promotions or quit MMA altogether.

Right now I don't believe he'll ever be a top contender in the Heavyweight division, but I've been wrong before. I never thought Cain Velasquez would be champ after I saw his grinder UD win over Kongo, but he improved by leaps and bounds after that fight.

Speaking of Velaquez, I'm interested in seeing how he is after his return. A 90% tear of the rotator cuff (it's actually a group muscles and tendons/ligaments) is no joke, and his shoulder is unlikely to ever been 100% whole again. Still - never say never.

Archived