I don't think Rampage should get a title shot on a two-fight win streak.

JP24

Beating Machida is good, and should put him back in the MIX, but Thiago Silva is way down the rankings, and it's a step down for Rampage...

Not only that, but the fight with Machida was a little too close for a lot to call, so some see him on a two-fight losing streak, but personally, I think he won.

Anyways, is edging a controversial decision over Machida and beating Thiago Silva really enough? I think not.

He should have to take some other people who are running for the title on first, and if he wins two more fights, then Dana should be talking title.

I think the winner of Jones vs. Bader should fight Rampage (assuming he beats Thiago, which, of course, he will) next, and Rampage should have to beat that guy and then maybe somebody else coming up, like Rich Franklin or Forrest Griffin (Whoever proceeds up to that level). I would really like to see a Rampage vs. Griffin II, to be honest.

Anyways, if you disagree, don't flame me, but I think Rampage's fighting lately is not impressive enough for a title, especially because Rashad owned him a while back, and if Shogun beats him, that discredits Rampage even more, and if Rashad were to win, that would push Rampage down because Shogun is just better.

Rampage was not overly impressive against Machida but he did enough too win rounds 1,2 with his aggression and constantly moving forward that's octagon control. Thiago Silva is a dangerous guy and if Rampage can beat him i think he should get the shot followed by Bader/Jones, and remember the winner of Griffin/Franklin will be in the mix as well.

Beating Machida is good' date=' and should put him back in the MIX, but Thiago Silva is way down the rankings, and it's a step down for Rampage...

Not only that, but the fight with Machida was a little too close for a lot to call, so some see him on a two-fight losing streak, but personally, I think he won.

Anyways, is edging a controversial decision over Machida and beating Thiago Silva really enough? I think not.

He should have to take some other people who are running for the title on first, and if he wins two more fights, then Dana should be talking title.

I think the winner of Jones vs. Bader should fight Rampage (assuming he beats Thiago, which, of course, he will) next, and Rampage should have to beat that guy and then maybe somebody else coming up, like Rich Franklin or Forrest Griffin (Whoever proceeds up to that level). I would really like to see a Rampage vs. Griffin II, to be honest.

Anyways, if you disagree, don't flame me, but I think Rampage's fighting lately is not impressive enough for a title, especially because Rashad owned him a while back, and if Shogun beats him, that discredits Rampage even more, and if Rashad were to win, that would push Rampage down because Shogun is just better.[/quote']

If he win against Thiago, IMO he should fight forrest( if he get past Franklin) for the title shot. Bader/Jones winner vs Shogun/Evans loser for next shot after Page/Forrest (if they both get past their opponent)

You want Rampage to fight Bader/Jones after Thiago, then someone else before a title shot?

See, you only look at it from that angle. Look at it from the angle of that the champion needs to defend his belt.

Who do you choose after Rashad/Shogun?

Sure, you could throw winner of Bader/Jones in there, but that is just rushing things, which is not the best thing to do with real talent.

No one else but Rampage really can talk about a title fight right now.

Beating Machida is good' date=' and should put him back in the MIX, but Thiago Silva is way down the rankings, and it's a step down for Rampage...

Anyways, if you disagree, don't flame me, but I think Rampage's fighting lately is not impressive enough for a title, especially because Rashad owned him a while back, and if Shogun beats him, that discredits Rampage even more, and if Rashad were to win, that would push Rampage down because Shogun is just better.[/quote']

Thing is tho once all the LHW ie the Top 8 have all fought. Say Rampage wins and fights the winner of Jones / Bader for No1 contender. Who Does the winner of Shogun / Evans fights in the mean time? Why should they have to wait for the winner of that fight.

Its just the way things are with Shogun long lay off. Anyway i wanna see Rampage vs Shogun

and yet Shogun loses to Forrest

Barely beats an old man in Mark Coleman

Knockouts out a gyu who was KO'd twice in his previous 3 fights in the form of Chuck Liddel

and is given a title shot after 2 wins

Weird isn't it.

yeah but hed been owning in pride and had alot of buzz around him when he came to ufc similar to jake shields getting a shot at GSP after barely getting past kampmann by the skin of his teeth imo jake shields title shot is much more undeserved

yeah but hed been owning in pride and had alot of buzz around him when he came to ufc similar to jake shields getting a shot at GSP after barely getting past kampmann by the skin of his teeth imo jake shields title shot is much more undeserved

i feel the same about belfort and john fitch keeps getting jewed andshould be fighting gsp

Archived