Rank the HW's on striking ability alone.

DKF

UFC Only

1. JDS

2. Velasquez

3. Mir

4. Cro Cop

5. Barry

6. Kongo

7. Schaub

8. Mitrione

9. Nelson

10. Nogeuira

wow that is arguably the most deluded list i have ever seen! Frank Mir third best HW striker above Cro Cop, Nelson etc really? lmao :rolleyes:

Shane Carwin anyone?

Wow just wow.....

wow that is arguably the most deluded list i have ever seen! Frank Mir third best HW striker above Cro Cop' date=' Nelson etc really? lmao :rolleyes:

Shane Carwin anyone?

Wow just wow.....[/quote']

I think its a pretty good list. I wouldnt have Mir over Crocop either but he did beat him so I cant really argue with that.

Carwins striking is overrated. Power yes but technique is very sloppy and it will be his downfall just wait and see

UFC Only

1. JDS

2. Velasquez/Carwin

3. Mir

4. Cro Cop

5. Barry

6. Kongo

7. Schaub

8. Mitrione

9. Nelson

10. Nogeuira

I wouldnt put Barry up so high, Granted he has great striking ability but he doesnt go in for the kill. Just hasnt got that Killer instincts *see Beltran & Cro for examples....

Same goes for Cro Cop, he did have great standup but now we hardly see it.

Mine would be

Top 5.

1. JDS

2. Carwin

3. Velasquez

4. Nelson

5. Schaub

To those people putting Carwin so high' date=' are you confusing striking ability with KO power? The dude hits like a car, but his striking is pretty poor.[/quote']

Eh I made the thread from the point of view of if they all fought in a kickboxing tournament.

1 JDS

2 Velasquez

3 Carwin

4 Nogeuira

5 Mir

6 Cro cop

7 Struve

8 Congo

9 mitrione

10 nelson

This is way off. No way has Nogueira better striking than Mir or Crocop. He got tooled by both of them. I love Nog but he is mediocere striker at best. Even when he was in his prime, he got outstriked by everyvone.

He has got an outstanding ground game but I cant remeber if he has ever KOed anyone from standing position.

Wow' date=' he must suck, huh? If you get rocked there is no way you can be a good striker, period.[/quote']

:rolleyes:

What i was saying is that the only good striker he has faced showed a hole in Cain's striking defence and the fact that he hasn't faced a top of the line striker and outstruck him, therefore i can't say that Cain is in the top 5 best HW strikers yet.

:rolleyes:

What i was saying is that the only good striker he has faced showed a hole in Cain's striking defence and the fact that he hasn't faced a top of the line striker and outstruck him' date=' therefore i can't say that Cain is in the top 5 best HW strikers yet.[/quote']

Now that sounds alot better than your original post. : )

I think its a pretty good list. I wouldnt have Mir over Crocop either but he did beat him so I cant really argue with that.

Carwins striking is overrated. Power yes but technique is very sloppy and it will be his downfall just wait and see

just cuz you beat someone doesnt mean your a better striker people get caught

UFC Only

1. JDS

2. Velasquez/Carwin

3. Mir

4. Cro Cop

5. Barry

6. Kongo

7. Schaub

8. Mitrione

9. Nelson

10. Nogeuira

If you are only talking striking with out the threat of grappling the above list is way off. If you think Mir has a better stand up game than Barry you are nuts.

1. Barry

2. Carwin

3. JDS

4. Caine

5. Kongo

6. Cro Cop

7. Struve

8. Nelson

9. Big Nog

10.Mitrone

if Barry doesn't have to worry about TDD, he is a monster....he knew Beltran was trying to clinch him up...so he was tentative to throw...and those injuries against Cro Cop took him out of the game...

even Beltran said he had no business standing with Barry in open space...

JDS is a boxer, so his lead leg is sticking way out....he would need to adjust that or Barry would have JDS crumpled on the ground with jacked up legs....

you know by looking at everyones list ...theres only a few good overall strikers...JDS,Brendan,Kongo...distant 4th Mir,Mirko even though i havent seen muchof it...and Barry just has leg kicks...overall in the HW division if we combine everything...who do we really have that are not cans or should just retire...we have in no paticular order...JDS,Brock,Cain,Carwin thats it...Dana needs to seriously spice up this shallow division imo

Archived