Why I think Kenny Florian could take Guillard.

ThirstForBLOOD

1. His chin. People don't appreciate how good Kenny's chin is. He has never been dropped or let alone rocked (though Penn did slightly stagger him a couple times). Evan Dunham showed weakness in his chin even before he fought Guillard in the Escudero fight. He almost got finished in the first round by strikes.

2. Muay Thai/Kicks. Kenny would light Melvin up with kicks since he wouldn't have any fear of being taken down. He could throw as many as he wanted to.

3. Improved boxing. Guillard's boxing is good, but I don't think it's that much better than Gomi's. Kenny was tooling Gomi in the standup their whole fight.

4. BJJ. Need I say more?

5. Intelligence. Kenny would come in with a solid gameplan and Guillard pretty much comes in very predictable.

1. His chin. People don't appreciate how good Kenny's chin is. He has never been dropped or let alone rocked (though Penn did slightly stagger him a couple times). Evan Dunham showed weakness in his chin even before he fought Guillard in the Escudero fight. He almost got finished in the first round by strikes.

2. Muay Thai/Kicks. Kenny would light Melvin up with kicks since he wouldn't have any fear of being taken down. He could throw as many as he wanted to.

3. Improved boxing. Guillard's boxing is good' date=' but I don't think it's that much better than Gomi's. Kenny was tooling Gomi in the standup their whole fight.

4. BJJ. Need I say more?[/quote']

All good points, but I say Florian would beat Guillard because he is far more intelligent. Simply put, Guillard doesn't have it upstairs. Kenny would send him right back to the middle of the pack.

Archived