Will Akiyama get cut...

green17

if its fight of the night' date=' no.

he lost to all top notch guys

won against belcher. thats something.

lost to chris leben in a fight he was winning and got caught, it happens.

lost to bisping who is a good fighter i don't care what anyone says.

now he's fighting marquart[/quote']

he put up a good fight against Bisping

The "three strikes your out" rule isn't set in stone. But it's a darn hard one to bypass. I think since Dana has let it known that Machida is on the block in his next fight, it's safe to assume Sexyama is as well. To my knowledge only Jardine and Bonnar have survived past three L's, and Bonnar's third loss was a cut loss (hard to cut a guy simply because he bleeds) and Jardine...well...no excuses, he really should have been cut after his Bader loss (or earlier IMO).

some time ago I watched a video where dana white was being interviewed and somebody asked him what kind fighting he likes the most, and he actually mentioned akiyama by name

I have a feeling akiyama will get the pass if he loses agian but still puts up a great fight.

at least I hope so, he's a very entertaining fighter

if its fight of the night' date=' no.

he lost to all top notch guys

[b']won against belcher.[/b] thats something.

lost to chris leben in a fight he was winning and got caught, it happens.

lost to bisping who is a good fighter i don't care what anyone says.

now he's fighting marquart

Belcher got robbed Akiyama should be 0-3 in the promotion with his fourth loss right around the corner.

I say he gets cut

The "three strikes your out" rule isn't set in stone. But it's a darn hard one to bypass. I think since Dana has let it known that Machida is on the block in his next fight' date=' it's safe to assume Sexyama is as well. To my knowledge only Jardine and Bonnar have survived past three L's, and Bonnar's third loss was a cut loss (hard to cut a guy simply because he bleeds) and Jardine...well...no excuses, he really should have been cut after his Bader loss (or earlier IMO).[/quote']

this is gonna saound dumb but, what does IMO mean? i see that alot here and no one tells me?

Akiyama is on a losing streak, but he's not doing for money, but for fame, pride. And UFC is using him to attract asian fans. That's why they're putting him in great matches even after he lost.

He won't have a chance to beat Marquart, too fast and explosive for him.

The Sex man is an entertaining fighter whether he loses or wins his fights.

One thing you guys may not realize is Sexyama is fighting in a weight class above where he should be-

The man has a small frame for a 185 pounder. He should be fighting at 170 and power up to 180 for his fights. GSP has similar features and he walks around at 190 but fights at 170.

If Akiyama would let go of his Japanese training and philosophy, he could be a great 170 pounder.

But as some have stated already, the Sex man should not be cut. He puts on good fights - and that is what Dana likes to see.

And regarding Nate, this fight will be a true test for Akiyama. Nate is strong and could give Akiyama trouble in the clinch.

Akiyama needs to bring a good game plan for this fight. Fight smartly and use his Judo to get Nate to the ground- otherwise, I do not see Akiyama outstriking Nate. Both fighters have less than good striking - and Nate definitely has the upper hand on power and brute force.

Archived