Lesnar, yea right

zykllonp

Is any other UFC fan out there who thinks Brock Lesnar is treated differently then every other fighter in the MMA? If he isn?t on top of you he can?t do anything. The only thing that carries him in this sport is his size and reasonable quickness. I would even venture to say his wrestling is over-rated. So how is it that this mongloid gets a #1 contender spot vs JDS right after Cain confirmed what most of us already knew before Carwin? He can?t or wont learn what is necessary for him to survive in elite fights.

Lets be honest he was in the right place at the right time and got handed almost everything on a silver platter. Fought a no body with a horrible record in his 1st MMA fight, won and got a UFC contract? Really? Then fought Mir and lost , fought Herring won and gets a title shot? Seriously? This doesn?t happen often if at all in the MMA world.

Aside from running across the octagon quickly can anyone come up with any reason why this guy gets a #1 contender fight right after Cain destroys him? Because he brings in a lot of money after all?.I get that the UFC is a business but when you promote you self as being dedicated to the integrity of the sport, discipline and responsibility but have Lesnar floating at the top of the heavyweight division despite the horrible beatings he has taken and run from, one can only conclude that either Dana lies out his teeth about how he thinks Lesnar belongs where he is for the big pay days, or DW has an unhealthy infatuation with Lesnar as most Lesnar fans do.

Furthermore Dana has the audacity to call Overeem and Fedor nobodies, but a few years back you were trying to sign the guys. Listen if you believe it or not both guys would pose a massive threat to Lesnar, regardless if they are in there prime or not.

The point is I am getting a bit frustrated with the limbo of UFCs new direction. I have started watching K1, Dream, Bellator and some Strikeforce out of sheer frustration at the hypocrisy that rears its ugly head in the UFC. I am sure there are others who feel the same way I do so the point of this is, if anyone else is as frustrated as I am, who is willing to sign a petition to give lesnar at least one fight before a # 1 contenders fight. He does not deserve it.

Number 1

Is any other UFC fan out there who thinks Brock Lesnar is treated differently then every other fighter in the MMA? If he isn’t on top of you he can’t do anything. The only thing that carries him in this sport is his size and reasonable quickness. I would even venture to say his wrestling is over-rated. So how is it that this mongloid gets a #1 contender spot vs JDS right after Cain confirmed what most of us already knew before Carwin? He can’t or wont learn what is necessary for him to survive in elite fights.

Lets be honest he was in the right place at the right time and got handed almost everything on a silver platter. Fought a no body with a horrible record in his 1st MMA fight' date=' won and got a UFC contract? Really? Then fought Mir and lost , fought Herring won and gets a title shot? Seriously? This doesn’t happen often if at all in the MMA world.

Aside from running across the octagon quickly can anyone come up with any reason why this guy gets a #1 contender fight right after Cain destroys him? Because he brings in a lot of money after all….I get that the UFC is a business but when you promote you self as being dedicated to the integrity of the sport, discipline and responsibility but have Lesnar floating at the top of the heavyweight division despite the horrible beatings he has taken and run from, one can only conclude that either Dana lies out his teeth about how he thinks Lesnar belongs where he is for the big pay days, or DW has an unhealthy infatuation with Lesnar as most Lesnar fans do.

Furthermore Dana has the audacity to call Overeem and Fedor nobodies, but a few years back you were trying to sign the guys. Listen if you believe it or not both guys would pose a massive threat to Lesnar, regardless if they are in there prime or not.

The point is I am getting a bit frustrated with the limbo of UFCs new direction. I have started watching K1, Dream, Bellator and some Strikeforce out of sheer frustration at the hypocrisy that rears its ugly head in the UFC. I am sure there are others who feel the same way I do so the point of this is, if anyone else is as frustrated as I am, who is willing to sign a petition to give lesnar at least one fight before a # 1 contenders fight. He does not deserve it.

Number 1[/quote']

100% agreed.

Lesnar gets special treatment because he brings in the money........that is all.He has no talent, just size.

F%*k WWE, F%*k Lesnar and F%*k anyone who supports him.

If Brock weighed 235 would he have the talent to fight in the UFC?...........No.

If Brock weighed 235 would he be Brock Lesnar?..........No.

It's not about talent, it's about using what you have. He has size, and he uses it effectively.

Not sure how you don't understand that.

If Brock weighed 235 would he be Brock Lesnar?..........No.

It's not about talent' date=' it's about using what you have. He has size, and he uses it effectively.

Not sure how you don't understand that.[/quote']

You are dead s**t wrong.

Every fighter in the UFC is there because of considerable talent, EXCEPT Lesnar.

Brock Lesnar's public status is rivaled to most Hollywood superstars. He is a ridiculas draw, he pulled in over 2 million PPV's last year (thats more then Manny and Mayweather). Once he stops getting these high profile title relevent fights the Brock Lesnar money train will slow down.

Face it, the man is fast becoming the most successful fighter of all time. Whether he is skilled or not.

Lesnar is the former champion, if he beats the top contender in the promotion, does he not deserve a title shot?

I'm not saying his career hasn't been in the express lane, but come on people, we all knew this when he was 1-1 in the company and given a title shot in the first place. His name sells PPVs, his presence on TUF will presumably boost ratings like Kimbo's did a few seasons ago, he's a big guy both in physical stature and in drawing ability. Of course he's going to be treated differently than others would. Of course he's going to be viewed differently than if he was 235. Why get upset about? It's simply the way it is when the top promoters of a sport care more about making money than maintaining a governing body of a sport. And you know what? Good for them. Boxing's rigid approach clearly isn't doing them any favors and UFC is growing by leaps and bounds...UFC is so big most fans of "MMA" don't even know what MMA is, all they know is UFC.

Frankly, I predict Junior is going to dismantle Brock, and then we'll see JDS/Cain anyway. As far as I care, it's just a way to get more people to realize how great JDS is anyway.

You are dead s**t wrong.

Every fighter in the UFC is there because of considerable talent' date=' EXCEPT Lesnar.[/quote']

He beat fighters fighting in HW.

Couture, Mir, and Carwin are no gimmes by any stretch of the imagination.

I don't care who you are, if he didn't have ANY talent he wouldn't have won the title to begin with.

if anyone else is as frustrated as I am' date=' who is willing to sign a petition to give lesnar at least one fight before a # 1 contenders fight. He does not deserve it.

[/quote']

... I understand where you are coming from, but there are benefits with dos Santos

destroying Bork in June > he will not hang around if he can not be champ ;)

... I understand where you are coming from' date=' but there are benefits with dos Santos

destroying Bork in June > he will not hang around if he can not be champ ;)[/quote']

^Also true.

His personality seems very "Princess", so if he can't be the best it's easy to assume he's just gonna leave.

He didn't win with talent.

You read my last reply.

I told you it had nothing to do with talent.

People are too quick to run to the "turtle" defense, and just can't appreciate a fighter that EVERYONE wants to see (win or lose). I was at the bar and 80% just go so they can see Lesnar get his *** beat.

^Also true.

His personality seems very "Princess"' date=' so if he can't be the best it's easy to assume he's just gonna leave.[/quote']

I think he will be content with fighting the best. Dana actually mentioned something about this. Can't remember where, but he said Lesnar is only interested in being the best at what he does. So if he looses to Junior and Carwin/Nelson next i do think he will leave the UFC.

Brock fans=keep the noobs happy. "hey duuude I told you WWE was a real sport. Look now he's beating all at UFC sport. Imagine Cena maaan' date=' he would doominaate at UFC"[/quote']

Who ever actually thinks he is good at MMA because he was in the WWE is a complete moron. Dedication and being a big mother****er can take you along way in the UFC.

Just proved my point. 2 fans of Brock that grew up watching WWE.

Better stop posting or you'll be late for school.

Kids these days!

Kids? I'm sure you're no older than 17.

We grew up watching it because it was the big thing back then.

I don't know ANYONE who didn't grow up with it moron.

I saw my first MMA fight in 1997 and wasn't impressed until watching BJ Penn in 2001.

And yourself? :rolleyes:

I am in no way a Bork fan.... Can't stand the guy... But... He does bring Dana huge Cash. Its hard to imagine a guy with very limited MMA expierence getting to coach TUF but hey he will bring in the viewers. Can't blame Bork for doing what he can for the $$ Dana on the other hand should feel somewhat ashamed as he should try to show MMA what its for not just a circus act for bucks. But at the end of the day its a business and though Bork has weak MMA skills he does have a big name.

I saw my first MMA fight in 1997 and wasn't impressed until watching BJ Penn in 2001.

If I was 17 would I know of WWF wrestlers like Junk Yard Dog, Paul 'The Wonderful' Orndorff, Jake the Snake, Brutus Beefcake, British Bulldogs, Big John Studd. I did watch wrestling when I was 10.

I'm still waiting for Hacksaw Jim Duggan to make his UFC debut.

You probably weren't impressed because you thought the Ultimate Warrior could have fought better than the UFC guys

If I was 17 would I know of WWF wrestlers like Junk Yard Dog' date=' Paul 'The Wonderful' Orndorff, Jake the Snake, Brutus Beefcake, British Bulldogs, Big John Studd. I did watch wrestling when I was 10.

I'm still waiting for Hacksaw Jim Duggan to make his UFC debut.[/quote']

Uh huh :rolleyes:

Again - I don't see how following the WWF when we were younger detracts from the fact that it's okay to support Lesnar. You know that most homophobes are scared of gays because they want to seem as manly as possible and are not secure in their on manhood? I'll assume you're that way. You assume to be a "true" MMA fan you have to call the WWE a hick sport.

Grow up, seriously.

It's a form of entertainment that takes an enormous amount of athletic ability.

Something you probably lack.

He beat fighters fighting in HW.

Couture' date=' Mir, and Carwin are no gimmes by any stretch of the imagination.

I don't care who you are, if he didn't have ANY talent he wouldn't have won the title to begin with.[/quote']

This is 100% right. I'm not a big fan but anybody who thinks he can't fight just can't look past the hate.

Uh huh :rolleyes:

Again - I don't see how following the WWF when we were younger detracts from the fact that it's okay to support Lesnar. You know that most homophobes are scared of gays because they want to seem as manly as possible and are not secure in their on manhood? I'll assume you're that way. You assume to be a "true" MMA fan you have to call the WWE a hick sport.

Grow up' date=' seriously.

It's a form of entertainment that takes an enormous amount of athletic ability.

Something you probably lack.[/quote']

You look like you lack friends judging by the amount of time you spend on this forum.

And no I don't lack athletic ability. Your mum said so.

Is any other UFC fan out there who thinks Brock Lesnar is treated differently then every other fighter in the MMA? If he isn’t on top of you he can’t do anything. The only thing that carries him in this sport is his size and reasonable quickness. I would even venture to say his wrestling is over-rated. So how is it that this mongloid gets a #1 contender spot vs JDS right after Cain confirmed what most of us already knew before Carwin? He can’t or wont learn what is necessary for him to survive in elite fights.

Lets be honest he was in the right place at the right time and got handed almost everything on a silver platter. Fought a no body with a horrible record in his 1st MMA fight' date=' won and got a UFC contract? Really? Then fought Mir and lost , fought Herring won and gets a title shot? Seriously? This doesn’t happen often if at all in the MMA world.

Aside from running across the octagon quickly can anyone come up with any reason why this guy gets a #1 contender fight right after Cain destroys him? Because he brings in a lot of money after all….I get that the UFC is a business but when you promote you self as being dedicated to the integrity of the sport, discipline and responsibility but have Lesnar floating at the top of the heavyweight division despite the horrible beatings he has taken and run from, one can only conclude that either Dana lies out his teeth about how he thinks Lesnar belongs where he is for the big pay days, or DW has an unhealthy infatuation with Lesnar as most Lesnar fans do.

Number 1[/quote']

Don't worry about the people flaming you man. You got a right to say what you think, and your point is valid. Given the state of the division right now the JDS fight had to be Lesnar or Carwin. Neither deserve it but I'm glad they picked Lesnar. There is no way he is beating JDS or Cain right now. He hasn't had enough time to work on the things he needs to. We will still get to see JDS vs Cain.

You look like you lack friends judging by the amount of time you spend on this forum.

And no I don't lack athletic ability. Your mum said so.

Wow, a mom joke? How mature.

And amount of time I spend on this forum? Maybe I go on at the beginning of the week due to the fact that I'm tired from being productive during the day. It's the same situation for many people - grow up.

Brock was from the WWE SO ****ING WHAT!!!! Really it was a JOB!!!!! You get that, A job!!! Why does his previous job upset you so much. You know all the real fighters you like.. Yeah they benefit from Brock and the buyrates he brings. Guess what he did before his job, he went to college and won a national championship in wrestling. GTFO Troll

Don't worry about the people flaming you man. You got a right to say what you think' date=' and your point is valid. Given the state of the division right now the JDS fight had to be Lesnar or Carwin. Neither deserve it but I'm glad they picked Lesnar. There is no way he is beating JDS or Cain right now. He hasn't had enough time to work on the things he needs to. We will still get to see JDS vs Cain.[/quote']

+1

Archived