Atheism.....

ForrestGriffinFan101

Now, I know that this topic is discussed regularly on the forums. But this angered me.

At school today, my friend (along with several others) said that Atheists essentially believe theirselves to be God or some sort of god since they don't think they answer to a higher power. They said they answer to themselves which makes them think they are god.

They also said that Atheists don't believe in god because they are afraid of answering to said higher power. Atheists want to do as they please, so they decide to rid themselves of a god and decide to become their own god.

I replied with, "Most Atheists that I know don't believe in religion simply because they say they have no reason to."

The friend then said, "Atheists aren't very smart."

I replied with, "How are they not? Because they don't believe in a religion, which isn't a proven fact, wouldn't make them dumb. It wouldn't make them any smarter either. It certainly doesn't make them any dumber though."

Who's right?

Now' date=' I know that this topic is discussed regularly on the forums. But this angered me.

At school today, my friend (along with several others) said that Atheists essentially believe theirselves to be God or some sort of god since they don't think they answer to a higher power. They said they answer to themselves which makes them think they are god.

They also said that Atheists don't believe in god because they are afraid of answering to said higher power. Atheists want to do as they please, so they decide to rid themselves of a god and decide to become their own god.

I replied with, "Most Atheists that I know don't believe in religion simply because they say they have no reason to."

I replied with, "How are they not? Because they don't believe in a religion, which isn't a proven fact, wouldn't make them dumb. It wouldn't make them any smarter either. It certainly doesn't make them any dumber though."

[b']Who's right?[/b]

Not Jesus.

Now' date=' I know that this topic is discussed regularly on the forums. But this angered me.

Who's right?[/quote']

I have come to the point in my life where I see 2 things. Don't discuss religion unless you are looking for a fight. It has caused more wars than any other 1 thing.

When it comes to me now I just laugh believe what you want I am far to busy enjoying my life to worry about your belief's just don't push it on me because I push back.

Some people just feel their purpose in life is to force their beliefs onto you. Your friends don't sound like very good friends at all.

Who's right?[/quote']

The thing is, I AM GOD>

tell your friend to lick his own *******.

I have come to the point in my life where I see 2 things. Don't discuss religion unless you are looking for a fight. It has caused more wars than any other 1 thing.

When it comes to me now I just laugh believe what you want I am far to busy enjoying my life to worry about your belief's just don't push it on me because I push back.

Some people just feel their purpose in life is to force their beliefs onto you. Your friends don't sound like very good friends at all.

Exactly!

I believe to let people believe as they want to.

It makes me think that the majority of religious fellows are ignorant.

I'm gonna use this aw an answer also . I'm a Christian and a good person . I've met atheists that are good people. I've met bad people that are Christian and bad people that are atheists. If they tell you that crap. They are bad Christians. You are not dumb.

Who's right?[/quote']

No ones right. Neither can be proved or disproved. However I am an Atheist, and I do answer to a Higher power... it's called the law. It is a power greater than myself. You're friend sounds like a closed minded bible thumping fool.

No ones right. Neither can be proved or disproved. However I am an Atheist' date=' and I do answer to a Higher power... it's called the law. It is a power greater than myself. You're friend sounds like a closed minded bible thumping fool.[/quote']

I wasn't asking who's right about religion.

I was asking who was right on their opinions of the majority of Atheists.

Who's right?[/quote']

Your anger belies insecurity.

I too believe that random mutations over a verrry looonng period of time using currently unobservable/ unreplecable, contrascientific forces brought about this delicate, complex balance of codependant symbiosis. It's a miracle!

No ones right. Neither can be proved or disproved. However I am an Atheist' date=' and I do answer to a Higher power... it's called the law. It is a power greater than myself. You're friend sounds like a closed minded bible thumping fool.[/quote']

There be higher laws than they, mate.

Because one cannot be proved or disproved, then noones right? Did you put thought into that answer?

Who's right?[/quote']

well, choosing you for an example, if you are an atheist, you don't seem too smart. Atheism isn't the lack of a believing in a god/religion, it's the belief that no higher power exists in the universe.

No. We just don't believe in God until a talking burning bush starts speaking to us.

As soon as that happens' date=' every atheist will become Christians.[/quote']That sort of assumes it's a christian bush. What if your hear an arabic speaking bush?

Either way I like to think I'd try to get my hands on some thorazine while I still had the wherewithal to do so.

Who's right?[/quote']

you are all day everyday

As Tim Minchin would say, although with the aid of amazing piano playing.

And if anyone can show me just one example in the history of the world of a single

Spiritual or religious person who has been able to prove either logically or empirically the existence of a higher power that has any consciousness or interest in the human race or ability to punish or reward humans for there moral choices or that there is any reason - other than fear - to believe in any version of an afterlife

I’ll give you my piano, one of my legs, and my wife

How strong is your delusion to even question His historical existence.

I hope for your sake that someone else is packing your 'chute.

Historical fact is, that alot of men named Jesus existed during said time frame and many men in this time frame are named Jesus. So which individual would at the the center of the debate?

Archived