when will a UFC fighter reach the Million mark?

Longawait

The payouts for UFC is pretty sad :(

i mean mike tyson made 32 m dollars for ONE FIGHT that's more than a MMA fighter will earn in his whole career.

So my question is when will a MMA fighter reach a million dollars per fight?

How much is their salary increasing per year?

2 years?

5 years?

10 years?

Never?

The payouts for UFC is pretty sad :(

i mean mike tyson made 32 m dollars for ONE FIGHT that's more than a MMA fighter will earn in his whole career.

So my question is when will a MMA fighter reach a million dollars per fight?

How much is their salary increasing per year?

2 years?

5 years?

10 years?

Never?

Do you mean UFC money alone or the total after PPV buys and sponsers? Cause fighters like Lesnar and St Pierre earn a couple million per fight.

Do you mean UFC money alone or the total after PPV buys and sponsers? Cause fighters like Lesnar and St Pierre earn a couple million per fight.

Really ? how much if i may ask.. and im very glad to hear that.

so the payouts are not all they get? just a piece of the cake?

Really ? how much if i may ask.. and im very glad to hear that.

so the payouts are not all they get? just a piece of the cake?

I don't know how much exactly. But when you see a fighters UFC salary that doesn't include their sponsors or any ppv percentage their entitled to.

I don't know how much exactly. But when you see a fighters UFC salary that doesn't include their sponsors or any ppv percentage their entitled to.

Is there some way i can find out?

Does all the fighters get a percentage of the PPV? or just the top notch?

Hope dana white will responde to this thread soon enought ^_^

Is there some way i can find out?

Does all the fighters get a percentage of the PPV? or just the top notch?

Hope dana white will responde to this thread soon enought ^_^

I don't think they release that kind of info seeing as they're all nailed out in private contract.

If you want to find out, message the administrator named "Leonie" - but again I doubt she can give you the answer.

I don't think they release that kind of info seeing as they're all nailed out in private contract.

If you want to find out' date=' message the administrator named "Leonie" - but again I doubt she can give you the answer.[/quote']

Than all we have to do is wait for dana

waiting....

... still waiting..

... waiting....

... Oh There he ...ah nvm

.... waiting....

I'm quite sure that I heard GSP made around 9 million dollars in 2009 - that's a combination of his base salary and PPV buys (I forget if this included sponsorship money)

There aren't many guys who have the PPV % structure like this though. Obviously you need to be a top draw in order to command it.

I'm quite sure that I heard GSP made around 9 million dollars in 2009 - that's a combination of his base salary and PPV buys (I forget if this included sponsorship money)

There aren't many guys who have the PPV % structure like this though. Obviously you need to be a top draw in order to command it.

Holy **** 9 m dollars' date=' that awesome.. im very very happy to see the sport i love grow in money, cuz money is everything :) with more money more talented people will show up

When/if the UFC's near monopoly on the sport is broken.

Or when/if AS/GSP fight.

And how will that happen? :o

So do you know how much of that 32 mil actually went into Tyson's pocket?

About 3 mil after Don King, his coaches, trainers, entourage, travel, hotels, cars, gym fees, and every ice cube he got that Don King charged him for were paid.

Tyson was paying everything out of his purses, and in the end owed King Promotions around 6 million dollars when he got out of jail, along with the 9 mil he owed the IRS because King's accountants were shifting the numbers all around to make Mike think he was making a boat load of money when he was actually getting hammerred by King and his cronies.

People should look into just how much these boxers actually put into their pockets after pulling in these multi million dollar fights before screaming about how much pro boxers make. There are maybe one handful of boxers in the world today who actually put more than 6 figures in their own pocket per fight, and most at this point are the fighters for Golden Boy because of De laHoya and Hopkins. The drop off after that is huge as well.

The purses for MMA fighters may not be as big, but the fighters keep a much greater percentage of their purse, and that is one of the changes form the way boxing does business that Dana has been adamant about being different. And at least they do honest business, which IMO is much better than big flashy and utterly meaningless numbers boxing throws around.

So do you know how much of that 32 mil actually went into Tyson's pocket?

About 3 mil after Don King' date=' his coaches, trainers, entourage, travel, hotels, cars, gym fees, and every ice cube he got that Don King charged him for were paid.

Tyson was paying everything out of his purses, and in the end owed King Promotions around 6 million dollars when he got out of jail, along with the 9 mil he owed the IRS because King's accountants were shifting the numbers all around to make Mike think he was making a boat load of money when he was actually getting hammerred by King and his cronies.

People should look into just how much these boxers actually put into their pockets after pulling in these multi million dollar fights before screaming about how much pro boxers make. There are maybe one handful of boxers in the world today who actually put more than 6 figures in their own pocket per fight, and most at this point are the fighters for Golden Boy because of De laHoya and Hopkins. The drop off after that is huge as well.

The purses for MMA fighters may not be as big, but the fighters keep a much greater percentage of their purse, and that is one of the changes form the way boxing does business that Dana has been adamant about being different. And at least they do honest business, which IMO is much better than big flashy and utterly meaningless numbers boxing throws around.[/quote']

Well said!

The top fighters in the ufc make well over 1 million per fight. Randy was making a fortune when he was actively fighting.

The dollar signs and numbers you see on the payout chart is only the beginning. Ask Brewster' date=' he should be able to tell you everything you need to know.[/quote']

What!!?!?!?!

I swear to this day Top pay out for a Ufc Event (to the fighters) Is Ufc-57 Chuck Vs Randy 3

Each got alittle over a million

only way i see GSP getting that much (9 million) is from sponcers , sure thats alot better since ufc 57.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15498/ufc-100-fighters-salaries-brock-lesnar-and-georges-st-pierre-top-earners-from-x-x-million-payroll.mma

Is a Link for Ufc 100......GSP only got 600k.....

Just saying i think Randy/ Chuck hold Biggest single payday still...and thats like 1 mill for Randy and 1.2 mill for chuck cause he was won.

What!!?!?!?!

I swear to this day Top pay out for a Ufc Event (to the fighters) Is Ufc-57 Chuck Vs Randy 3

Each got alittle over a million

only way i see GSP getting that much (9 million) is from sponcers ' date=' sure thats alot better since ufc 57.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15498/ufc-100-fighters-salaries-brock-lesnar-and-georges-st-pierre-top-earners-from-x-x-million-payroll.mma

Is a Link for Ufc 100......GSP only got 600k.....

Just saying i think Randy/ Chuck hold Biggest single payday still...and thats like 1 mill for Randy and 1.2 mill for chuck cause he was won.[/quote']

Top fighters get a cut of the PPV and the money from sponsors is alot aswell. They make a lot more than just their contract.

UFC 57 Payouts....LOL at Frank Mirs purse...

Chuck Liddell: $250,000

Randy Couture: $225,000

Renato "Babalu" Sobral: $32,000

Frank Mir: $26,000

Paul Buentello: $22,000

Joe Riggs: $20,000

Mike Van Arsdale: $16,000

Keith Jardine: $10,000

Nick Diaz: $10,000

Alessio Sakara: $10,000

Brandon Vera: $10,000

Marcio Cruz: $8,000

Elvis Sinosic: $6,000

Jeff Monson: $6,000

Mike Whitehead: $5,000

Justin Eilers: $5,000

Branden Lee Hinkle: $4,000

Gilbert Aldana: $2,000

Total Fighter Payouts: $667,000

UFC 118 PAYPOUT

Frankie Edgar: $96,000 ($48,000 to show, $48,000 to win)

B.J. Penn: $150,000

Edgar def. Penn via unanimous decision

Randy Couture: $250,000

James Toney: $500,000

Couture def. Toney via submission (arm-triangle choke)

Demian Maia: $68,000 ($34,000 to show, $34,000 win)

Mario Miranda: $8,000

Maia def. Miranda via unanimous decision

Gray Maynard: $46,000 ($23,000 to show, $23,000 to win)

Kenny Florian: $65,000

Maynard def. Florian via unanimous decision

Nate Diaz: $60,000 ($30,000 to show, $30,000 to win)

Marcus Davis: $31,000

Diaz def. Davis via submission (guillotine choke)

Joe Lauzon: $24,000 ($12,000 to show, $12,000 to win)

Gabe Ruediger: $8,000

Lauzon def. Ruediger via submission (armbar)

Nik Lentz: $22,000 ($11,000 to show, $11,000 to win)

Andre Winner: $10,000

Lentz def. Winner via unanimous decision

Dan Miller: $30,000 ($15,000 to show, $15,000 to win)

John Salter: $8,000

Miller def. Salter via submission (guillotine choke)

Greg Soto: $12,000 ($6,000 to show, $6,000 to win)

Nick Osipczak: $10,000

Soto def. Osipczak via unanimous decision

Mike Pierce: $24,000 ($12,000 to show, $12,000 to win)

Amilcar Alves: $6,000

Pierce def. Alves via submission (armbar)

Randy / JAMES FATFACE TONEY....

Randy got 225,000 for the WIN

James Toney got.....500,000.....LAME!!!!!

How do they pay either of them that much for a ****** fight. Crazy and all the other fights were so much better. Bj Penn and Edgar go 25 mins and get Chumpchange

James Toney Falls down and gets HALF A MILLION!!!!! WTF

Archived