New Fight Bonus Award

Centurion480

I'm sure everyone is familiar with the 'KO of the night' award. However, this award favors heavy handed strikers such as Shane Carwin, Anthony Johnson, and Pat Barry.

Also, the 'Submission of the night' award tends to favor those with a prestegous BJJ backround such as Thales Leites, Big Nog, and Anthony Perosh.

What the UFC needs to institute is a "Least sustained/dealt damage of the night" award. This way they can award the fighter who won the fight by inflicting as little damage as possible while sustaining little damage as well. It would reward more control and efficient technique.

Instead of brawlers such as Chris Lytle, Chris Leben and Wanderlei Silva always taking the fight of the night awards by using their back and forth brawl style, this would give fighters like Lyoto Machida and Michael Bisping a chance to win an award. The "Least damage of the night" would acknowledge those fighters who perfect their elusiveness to not only get hit less, but to also hit their opponent less, so in the end no one will get hurt.

Thoughts?

[

Instead of brawlers such as Chris Lytle, Chris Leben and Wanderlei Silva always taking the fight of the night awards by using their back and forth brawl style, this would give fighters like Lyoto Machida and Michael Bisping a chance to win an award. The "Least damage of the night" would acknowledge those fighters who perfect their elusiveness to not only get hit less, but to also hit their opponent less, so in the end no one will get hurt.

Thoughts?

nope if they want a bonus than they need to get it not add one so guys who cant do enough to get a bonus finally get one. to give one for fighters who take less damage almost or hurt his aponent less is recipe for extremely boring fights.

I think the binus they have pretty much covers everything they sould. If a guy isn't a good enough striker to get the KO of the night he can get a submission of the night. If he hasn't a good enough BJJ he can get a KO of the night. Then you have those guys who are very good strikers but lack that natural power to knock someone out but since he is a good striker he puts on a great show and gets the fight of the night. If he can't do any of that then he sucks and shouldn't be in the UFC lool. So I think it's all good as it is

Would rather see like Heart Award or Comeback of the Night Award. Would increase the action like the other awards are meant to do.

That's actually a great idea.

have an award that is not awarded every night, but when a huge comeback/heart situation happens that fighter could be awarded.

I would even go for making that award more then all the other ones.

That's actually a great idea.

have an award that is not awarded every night' date=' but when a huge comeback/heart situation happens that fighter could be awarded.

I would even go for making that award more then all the other ones.[/quote']

the problem is that usually fights with big comebacks and heart usually end up fight of the night anyway, so 90% of the time it will be a double award.

exactly ^ .. we do not need awards that encourage boring fights

Agreed it will only promote boring fights which is the opposite of what the bonus system is about

i think a 1st round finish bonus should be used' date=' where every fighter that finishes in the 1st rounds gets a 10k bounus[/quote']

Agreed, but think it should be say 10k minimum, or 1 third of the fight purse up to a maximum of say 40k so it ends up covering all levels of fighters.

for example, for one of the low level fighters on 5k per fight 10k would be massive, but it wouldn't be for GSP. But 40k for GSP or any other higher paid fighter maybe enough incentive to try to finish the fight.

Archived