Serious Question. How amazing is Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua?

UfcIsWhereItsAt

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah he's a monster. It was just his surgeries and stuff made him a bit disappointing in the UFC but then he hit his stride again and he's the champ. It's quite amazing what he's accomplished at his age.

I mean to win the Pride 2005 GP with guys like Rampage, Arona, Nog, Belfort, Overeem, Wandy, Sakuraba, Hendo, Lister, Vovchanchyn and Randleman at the age of 24 is CRAZY in itself. But to also come to the UFC and take the LHW belt is ridiculous. I think he's really underrated as a fighter to the UFC fans, even though he's the champ. A healthy Shogun needs to be way up there in the P4P rankings.

SHogun is the most badass in the world with the best stand-up you will ever see. He is a TRUE p4p king because he knocks out MW, LHW, and HW's. He's the best striker because he KTFO the K-1 Grand Prix winner...OVereem. Nobody stands a chance against Shogun. Shogun has one of the most versatile kicks you will ever see. He will do a spinning back round house kick to kick you in the head then stomp your face in. If your beating him while standing up, he will take you down with a leghug like how he fought Overeem and deliver the most brutal GnP you will ever see. Not to mention he is a good looking fighter as well. Shogun is the best and most well rounded guy ever.

Nobody is a threat to SHogun at all..And I mean NOBODY. Bring Brock and he will KTFO brock. He also will hand JDS his first loss in the UFC if they ever fight. But I doubt it because they train together. Shogun is super fast, super crisp, undying cardio, reinforced titanium steel chin, great footwork, devastating knee's, awesome takedowns, and Atomic bomb GnP.

Nobody stands a chance. He will reign for a long time no doubt.

SHogun is the most badass in the world with the best stand-up you will ever see. He is a TRUE p4p king because he knocks out MW' date=' LHW, and HW's. He's the best striker because he KTFO the K-1 Grand Prix winner...OVereem. Nobody stands a chance against Shogun. Shogun has one of the most versatile kicks you will ever see. He will do a spinning back round house kick to kick you in the head then stomp your face in. If your beating him while standing up, he will take you down with a leghug like how he fought Overeem and deliver the most brutal GnP you will ever see. Not to mention he is a good looking fighter as well. Shogun is the best and most well rounded guy ever.

Nobody is a threat to SHogun at all..And I mean NOBODY. Bring Brock and he will KTFO brock. He also will hand JDS his first loss in the UFC if they ever fight. But I doubt it because they train together. Shogun is super fast, super crisp, undying cardio, reinforced titanium steel chin, great footwork, devastating knee's, awesome takedowns, and Atomic bomb GnP.

Nobody stands a chance. He will reign for a long time no doubt.[/quote']

Fedor > Shogun

SHogun is the most badass in the world with the best stand-up you will ever see. He is a TRUE p4p king because he knocks out MW' date=' LHW, and HW's. He's the best striker because he KTFO the K-1 Grand Prix winner...OVereem. Nobody stands a chance against Shogun. Shogun has one of the most versatile kicks you will ever see. He will do a spinning back round house kick to kick you in the head then stomp your face in. If your beating him while standing up, he will take you down with a leghug like how he fought Overeem and deliver the most brutal GnP you will ever see. Not to mention he is a good looking fighter as well. Shogun is the best and most well rounded guy ever.

Nobody stands a chance. He will reign for a long time no doubt.[/quote']

justin-bieber-interview-magazine.jpg

And no one is a threat to him? Hold on, Machida, Coleman, Griffin, and plenty of other from Pride are on the line, they wanna know if you seen them fight Shogun.

Delusional ball suckers will be delusional ball suckers who still think Shogun won the first one against Machida.

All you have are excuses for why he lost.

He lost to Griffin, FACT

He lost to Coleman, FACT

He lost to Machida, FACT

He barely finished Coleman with seconds to go in the rematch, FACT

He's had only two impressive fights in the UFC, FACT

You fail. Don't forget Shogun avenged that lost and KTFO Coleman.

So yet again..Fail. :rolleyes:

Saw what I did there..?

Ah...but who had the more dominant win? A slam victory where Coleman broke Rua's arm so bad he couldn't continue, or a lack luster 3rd round tko in a genuinely terrible fight to watch?

Delusional ball suckers will be delusional ball suckers who still think Shogun won the first one against Machida.

He lost to Griffin' date=' FACT

He lost to Coleman, FACT

He lost to Machida, FACT

He's had only two impressive fights in the UFC, FACT[/quote']

He was injured. FACT

He avenged most of his losses. FACT.

Ah...but who had the more dominant win? A slam victory where Coleman broke Rua's arm so bad he couldn't continue' date=' or a lack luster 3rd round tko in a genuinely terrible fight to watch?[/quote']

That was a freak accident and Coleman would've gottened KTFO anyways.

Shogun avenged his loss with a comeback TKO victory. It's greater than Silva coming back against Sonnen. FACT!

Ah...but who had the more dominant win? A slam victory where Coleman broke Rua's arm so bad he couldn't continue' date=' or a lack luster 3rd round tko in a genuinely terrible fight to watch?[/quote']

lol @ you

Shogun was attempting to defend Coleman's ankle pick takedown . Posted his arm out to brace the little fall and akwardley fell on it....a total freak occurance.....

Shogun beat Coleman round 1: 10-9 Round 2: 9-10 Round 3: TKO finish

Shogun avenged his loss with a comeback TKO victory. It's greater than Silva coming back against Sonnen. FACT!

Er Silva never lost to Sonnen and never had to avenge his loss with a comeback victory...... Idiot :rolleyes:

Freak accident? He got slammed on the canvas and his arm broke, that doesn't sound like a freak accident to me....maybe if one of the lights in the arena fell down and knocked him out yes...but an arm break from a slam is far from a "freak accident" I don't think he accidentally got slammed.

Er Silva never lost to Sonnen and never had to avenge his loss with a comeback victory...... Idiot :rolleyes:

You fail.

I said Shogun's ultimate comeback on Coleman II in the UFC was greater than Silva coming back against Sonnen and submitting him.

Shogun's come back > Anderson's come back

Freak accident? He got slammed on the canvas and his arm broke' date=' that doesn't sound like a freak accident to me....maybe if one of the lights in the arena fell down and knocked him out yes...but an arm break from a slam is far from a "freak accident" I don't think he accidentally got slammed.[/quote']

This. Watch it again, you fail.

lol @ you' date=' you deluded nutbag

Shogun was attempting to defend Coleman's ankle pick takedown . Posted his arm out to brace the little fall and akwardley fell on it....a total freak occurance.....

Shogun beat Coleman round 1: 10-9 Round 2: 9-10 Round 3: TKO finish[/quote']

lol @ you' date=' you deluded nutbag

Shogun beat Coleman round 1: 10-9 Round 2: 9-10 Round 3: TKO finish[/quote']

He dropped the 2nd round? If so...shame on him....this same Mark Coleman made Randy Couture look like Muhammad Ali in his last fight.

You fail.

I said Shogun's ultimate comeback on Coleman II in the UFC was greater than Silva coming back against Sonnen and submitting him.

Shogun's come back > Anderson's come back

Lolwut?

I don't think anyone else will agree with you on this and be serious. Silva's comeback against Sonnen was huge, Rua was in a fairly competitive fight between two gassed fighters.

He lost to Griffin' date=' FACT

He lost to Coleman, FACT

He lost to Machida, FACT

He's had only two impressive fights in the UFC, FACT[/quote']

Shogun beat Coleman FACT

Shogun took away all the controversy and knocked Machida out in under 3 minutes FACT

Shogun has had 3 impressive performances in the UFC(all his last 3 fights) FACT

Go away now

Archived