Actors who make good mma fighters

Beyond_the_Grave

I know this thread has probably been done a hundred times, but I'm talking legit action stars who would do well in MMA. Not ur Jet Li's or Jackie Chan's, although those guys are amazing in their own right, with the knowledge they have now if they were in their youth I still think they'd get tooled in the cage. Now I think guys like Michael Jai White (Black Dynamite, Spawn, Blood and Bone) and Donnie Yen (Ip Man 1 and 2, Flashpoint, and Killzone) would do awesome in the cage, given they had time on their side with the experience they have. MJW has black belts in Kyokushin, Shotokan, TKD, Goju Ryu, Wushu, and Tang Soo Do. He also trains in Judo and Aikido. In short the man is a monster. I think he'd do great in the LHW division. Donnie Yen has actually trained in MMA for various movies he's done over the past few years. He's also a practitioner of wushu, taijiquan, tai chi, TKD, and of course wing chun. He's very very well rounded and I think he'd do work in the WW division. I'd also like to mention, Scott Adkins and of course Tony Jaa. Thoughts?

Steven Segal. He trains with Anderson Silva.

I know for a fact I could come close to killing Segal. Not just because he's 50+ years old and practices a fairly useless martial art (Aikido) but because the last time he stepped to an actual martial artist he got choked out and **** himself.

Honestly did not know that...He could be a submission monster in the cage.

no

I know for a fact I could come close to killing Segal. Not just because he's 50+ years old and practices a fairly useless martial art (Aikido) but because the last time he stepped to an actual martial artist he got choked out and **** himself.
yes

I don't think they could go from acting to fighting. The other way around is most likely easier (and we have all seen how sad that can be). But I think the good film work gets people into believeing more hype about an actor than the skills they have.

But if I was going to pick 1 actor it would have to be Vinnie Jones when he was young. Not for style just cause he would most likely try to bite your ear off or maul you with broken glass.

I don't think they could go from acting to fighting. The other way around is most likely easier (and we have all seen how sad that can be). But I think the good film work gets people into believeing more hype about an actor than the skills they have.

But if I was going to pick 1 actor it would have to be Vinnie Jones when he was young. Not for style just cause he would most likely try to bite your ear off or maul you with broken glass.

TONY.gif

You two gonna contribute or troll?

Not trolling, just saying he wouldn't cut it in mma. I think Michael Jai White as you mentioned would really be good. Also I think Jean claude Van Damme would have been great as well, more so in K-1 though. Also, ill get flamed for this, but Chuck Norris. He is a legit Machado black belt, one of the most prestigious belts you can get in bjj today still.

Archived