the UFC promoting Silva to lose?

Furiousmat

Has Silva reached a point in his carreer where his markettability lies only in his defeat rather than the mystic of his character?

I'm asking this question because to me it seems that as little promotion as there may be for his next fight, the few that is being done seems like they're promoting his demise. It's like they're pushing Belfort as the man that is going to finaly dethrone him. Of course, I know that they always try to hype Silva's opponents to make them look like they have a chance even when they have none, but this time sounds a lil diffrent ot me.

Is it just me or are any of you feeling just like me about this? And at the same time I feel like if Silva beats Belfort there won't be any criticism anymore.. like if this fight, while it's being under-promoted, is actually one of the most defining fights for Silva in his way to becoming a true and long time legend in the sport. Like if he beats Belfort I think even the haters will have to give him credit, something they never did so far whoever he faced or destroyed.

I honnestly don,t see in Belfort what others seem to see... I think he's a very dangerous and skillful fighter but his carreer has significantly lacked consistency through the years... a bit like BJ.. So I really don,t know why the UFC seems to have picked him out of every other challenger to end Silva's reign.

i too noticed the whole "the best fighter on the planet has finally met his match!" it's not a question, it's a statement.

Vitor's career, like BJ's, has been inconsistent but like BJ, when he's ON, he's a ruthless monster. this should not be expected to be an easy fight for Anderson by ANY means.

that all being said, i would like to see anderson win because i want to see GSP vs Anderson.

i too noticed the whole "the best fighter on the planet has finally met his match!" it's not a question' date=' it's a statement.

Vitor's career, like BJ's, has been inconsistent but like BJ, when he's ON, he's a ruthless monster. this should not be expected to be an easy fight for Anderson by ANY means.

that all being said, i would like to see anderson win because i want to see GSP vs Anderson.[/quote']

+1 and remember for every Anderson fan there's a hater mainly because of how cruel he was too Maia, and there are allot of people that would like too see him get crushed.

i dun really watch promotion so i dunno how lack of promote from UFC for this fight btw silva and belfort.

the only thing i know is. i dun need to see UFC promoting a fight 24/7. as soon as i find out if silva or Penn...i know its gonna be a good fight! they FINISH fight! they are exciting, they try to KO/submit guys! they are entertaining...so i really dun need them to promote their fights too much in order to buy ticket or PPV.

on a side note. even IF UFC promote fights 24/7 such as GSP, fitch, kos, frankie, gray....these guys. honestly even if is free i wont watch it! what am i going to see are a guy on top on another guy! fighting it safe, try to not lose a fight, not entertain at all....

On the UFC front page they have fighter predications from UFC Fight for the troops. They only showed the fighters who pick Belfort. I think only one fighter picked Silva. So i think the UFC thinks it has to market Silva to loose.

I agree with them here. A guy as accomplished as Silva only has one thing left to loose and that is to loose. GSP has already done that twice in the UFC.

Archived