After Dana White's Comments, Anyone Interested In Vitor Losing?

Andrewgoodwin

As I'm sure all you fellow MMA nerds already know, Dana has made it clear that the most "Logical" fight post Anderson-Vitor and GSP-Shields (assuming the champions retain their belts) is to pit Anderson Silva and GSP against eachother at 185lb

No matter how you feel about the fighters, that's mouth watering.

The other side of things, ill be the first to let you know how I feel about Anderson Silva.

I think he's a mar to the sport of MMA, however I think its awesome there is someone with that sort of ability in this sport in my life time.

That said, before Dana's comments about the aforementioned super fight, I was hoping and praying to seeing Anderson face-first on the mat after a 20 second blitz from Vitor.

Now Im almost hoping that upset doesn't happen and Anderson looks just as invincible as ever heading into what would be one of, if not the biggest events and fights in UFC history.

Anderson Silva Vs. Georges Saint Pierre for the Middle Weight Title.

Anyone else interested in both champions retaining the belts to set up this fight? Despite also being desperate to see them both unconcious?

Opinions? Comments? Trolling?

Post Dat Shizzle

you guys have to be very stupid to even think that GSP and beat Silva.

they are on different lvls. GSP can only win if the fight is fix.

not a Anderson fan but he is too superior than GSP and every aspect of fighting

Sir Sir Sir, I won't argue on that fact, all though there is the outrageous difference in wrestling ability, that is not the question, I honestly don't think that GSP really has as much of a chance in that fight as he does on paper BUT

Who the hell on this, God's green earth, does not want to see that fight, reguardless of whether it would be a blow out or you hate both fighters.

To be honnest I always wanted to see Silva win this one just because I,d like to see him retire with the belt. He's pulled such spectacular wins and made real fights look like freagin movies I,d like it to end like one. As for GSP I live in Montreal so of course I wanna see him keep his belt...

For the super matchup... well it feels like I've been waiting for it for so long that the hype has passed away and I don't feel very excited about it anymore. Unless Silva totally destroys Belfort an reiterates his dominance I'm starting to feel he's a bit passed his prime and GSP winning would still leave me a doubt. On the other hand if GSP lost I'd feel like his tiny frame compared to Silva's was too much of a factor so.... the more I think about it the less I really want to see it happen..

Also I strongly doubt that GSP would be able to finish Silva so.. Do I really wanna see a legend of the sport have his ridiculous streak ended by UD... not really.

To be honnest I always wanted to see Silva win this one just because I' date='d like to see him retire with the belt. He's pulled such spectacular wins and made real fights look like freagin movies I,d like it to end like one. As for GSP I live in Montreal so of course I wanna see him keep his belt...

For the super matchup... well it feels like I've been waiting for it for so long that the hype has passed away and I don't feel very excited about it anymore. Unless Silva totally destroys Belfort an reiterates his dominance I'm starting to feel he's a bit passed his prime and GSP winning would still leave me a doubt. On the other hand if GSP lost I'd feel like his tiny frame compared to Silva's was too much of a factor so.... the more I think about it the less I really want to see it happen..

Also I strongly doubt that GSP would be able to finish Silva so.. Do I really wanna see a legend of the sport have his ridiculous streak ended by UD... not really.[/quote']

I was almost starting to think there were no more intelligent opinions left to be shared on this website

But yeah I can see where you are comming from, closing in on 36 years of age, AS is at his twilight, but I think he's got till the end of this year to be at tip top shape, he also stated somewhere that he wants to fight for 5 more years (that was last year however)

so im guessing he will lose a couple more times before he's done, if he was serious, I cant see him retiring with the belt honestly

GSP via UD.

It's obvious from how easy it was for Hendo and Sonnen that Silva isn't that hard to take down. FFS, even Lutter managed it. Lutter! Silva even had Sonnen hurt at the start of one round, but Sonnen still managed to get the takedown. GSP shouldn't have too much of a problem, considering guys like Fitch, Penn, Alves, and Koscheck are all incredibly hard to take down, but GSP still managed it.

On the ground, this is where people fail to listen. Silva isn't very offensive off his back. His main strategy when he gets put on his back is to tie his opponent up and force a standup. Reference: Pride fight against Carlos Newton, Hendo fight, most of the Sonnen fight. Does it work? Against Hendo and Sonnen, not really.

Silva very rarely tries to submissions off his back or move a lot to make openings. Otherwise, Sonnen would have been easily subbed in the second or third round rather than the fifth.

GSP gets on top of Silva, Silva is going to try and lock limbs up. It's not going to happen. So when that fails, he's going to take a whatever GSP throws till the end of the round. Then, he'll try to KO him on the feet the beginning of the next round.

Problem for Silva is that GSP is smart. GSP will know, every time he goes for the takedown, that Silva is either going to be looking for a knee or uppercut. He'll know this and constantly be on the lookout for it. So that when he does shoot, he doesn't get caught.

Then, it's a repeat of GSP doing whatever he wants while Silva tries to force the standup.

And even in the event of Silva looking for subs, GSP is almost impossible to sub. The man is too smart and too technical to get caught in any but the most well planned and executed submissions.

GSP via UD.

even before dana making that comment, i always believe silva and gsp gonna keep their belt. honestly both fights, these fighters are pretty evenly match.

i do believe vitor is the greatest challenge to silva's belt but i still believe silva going to get a KO victory. as for gsp vs shields. gsp got this by L&P! i know shields has good wrestling but so did kos! gsp going to take him down and do what he does almost all his fights...by DECISION!

IF silva and gsp both keep thier belt and when this fight happen. i dun see gsp will be able to beat silva...(but i do want to see gsp getting beat up)

GSP via UD.

It's obvious from how easy it was for Hendo and Sonnen that Silva isn't that hard to take down. FFS' date=' even Lutter managed it. Lutter! Silva even had Sonnen hurt at the start of one round, but Sonnen still managed to get the takedown. GSP shouldn't have too much of a problem, considering guys like Fitch, Penn, Alves, and Koscheck are all incredibly hard to take down, but GSP still managed it.

On the ground, this is where people fail to listen. Silva isn't very offensive off his back. His main strategy when he gets put on his back is to tie his opponent up and force a standup. Reference: Pride fight against Carlos Newton, Hendo fight, most of the Sonnen fight. Does it work? Against Hendo and Sonnen, not really.

Silva very rarely tries to submissions off his back or move a lot to make openings. Otherwise, Sonnen would have been easily subbed in the second or third round rather than the fifth.

GSP gets on top of Silva, Silva is going to try and lock limbs up. It's not going to happen. So when that fails, he's going to take a whatever GSP throws till the end of the round. Then, he'll try to KO him on the feet the beginning of the next round.

Problem for Silva is that GSP is smart. GSP will know, every time he goes for the takedown, that Silva is either going to be looking for a knee or uppercut. He'll know this and constantly be on the lookout for it. So that when he does shoot, he doesn't get caught.

Then, it's a repeat of GSP doing whatever he wants while Silva tries to force the standup.

And even in the event of Silva looking for subs, GSP is almost impossible to sub. The man is too smart and too technical to get caught in any but the most well planned and executed submissions.

GSP via UD.[/quote']

+1, thats howd id have it, gsp UD, his wrestling is to much adn his sub defense is to good for anderson, anderson could knock him out on the feet but i think gsp is to smart and would win

It's a match up between the most gameplan savvy fighter (GSP) and the fighter the most raw natural talent you've ever seen (AS), plus Silva is trained within an inch of his life, too.

On paper, you could look at it that what many consider to be GSP's strongest asset (wrestling) is also Silva's kryptonite.

GSP has proven time and again he can rise to any challenge put in front of him. Not only that, but he is possibly the most disciplined fighter the UFC has on it's roster. He won't train to fight, he'll train to beat AS.

AS, on the other hand, is just a straight up freakish fighter. He is such an unpredictable fighter that his unpredictability has become predictable to the point where an upcoming AS fight is approached with a "what are we going to see this time?" attitude.

GSP was called Lay n Pray untill he jabbed Koscheck for 25 minutes. Now any GSP fight is looked at as "he'll lay on him for 25 minutes" or "it'll be a jab and move clinic". What that says to me is that GSP trains to beat the fighter he is matched up against. He won't be training to fight, he'll be training to beat AS.

AS? Who knows what he will do. GSP shoots for a takedown and AS busts out a breakdancing move? KO with a retreating jab? Pull a triangle out of his **** like the Sonnen fight?

As I stated above, GSP trains for his opponent. AS is so unpredictable that his unpredictability has become predictable. You know he's going to do something you won't expect. So, how does GSP train for that?

Everyone complains about GSP of late, because they want to see the GSP of old. GSP's early fights were him running on raw talent more than his training. He has become the opposite now. I really believe the person to beat GSP is the one who out gameplans him, not outfights him. AS, being so hard to train for, could nullify GSP's gameplan, forcing him to fight.

GSP's best path to victory here, that I can see, is the takedown, ground and pound method. So who has better BJJ? If GSP can get the fight to this spot, what crazy thing will AS pull out of his ****? And who says GSP can get him there? GSP comes in and eats a knee to the jaw for his trouble. Game over.

That's my breakdown. So, yes. I really want this fight to happen.

It's a match up between the most gameplan savvy fighter (GSP) and the fighter the most raw natural talent you've ever seen (AS)' date=' plus Silva is trained within an inch of his life, too.

On paper, you could look at it that what many consider to be GSP's strongest asset (wrestling) is also Silva's kryptonite.

GSP has proven time and again he can rise to any challenge put in front of him. Not only that, but he is possibly the most disciplined fighter the UFC has on it's roster. He won't train to fight, he'll train to beat AS.

AS, on the other hand, is just a straight up freakish fighter. He is such an unpredictable fighter that his unpredictability has become predictable to the point where an upcoming AS fight is approached with a "what are we going to see this time?" attitude.

GSP was called Lay n Pray untill he jabbed Koscheck for 25 minutes. Now any GSP fight is looked at as "he'll lay on him for 25 minutes" or "it'll be a jab and move clinic". What that says to me is that GSP trains to beat the fighter he is matched up against. He won't be training to fight, he'll be training to beat AS.

AS? Who knows what he will do. GSP shoots for a takedown and AS busts out a breakdancing move? KO with a retreating jab? Pull a triangle out of his **** like the Sonnen fight?

As I stated above, GSP trains for his opponent. AS is so unpredictable that his unpredictability has become predictable. You know he's going to do something you won't expect. So, how does GSP train for that?

Everyone complains about GSP of late, because they want to see the GSP of old. GSP's early fights were him running on raw talent more than his training. He has become the opposite now. I really believe the person to beat GSP is the one who out gameplans him, not outfights him. AS, being so hard to train for, could nullify GSP's gameplan, forcing him to fight.

GSP's best path to victory here, that I can see, is the takedown, ground and pound method. So who has better BJJ? If GSP can get the fight to this spot, what crazy thing will AS pull out of his ****? And who says GSP can get him there? GSP comes in and eats a knee to the jaw for his trouble. Game over.

That's my breakdown. So, yes. I really want this fight to happen.[/quote']

nice, i like when someone has a brain on here

I rather see Vitor win- because Vitor would be an easier match up for Okami.

Cagerattler is on the right mind set:

Although I believe GSP is the better fighter compared to Anderson Silva, in a middle weight fight, GSP will be heavily disadvantaged due to reach and size. GSP would have to shoot from a farther distance- allowing Silva the extra time to avoid the take down. And even if GSP got him down, Anderson would be albe to control him much better than Sonnen- because of the size and height differences.

GSP via UD.

It's obvious from how easy it was for Hendo and Sonnen that Silva isn't that hard to take down. FFS' date=' even Lutter managed it. Lutter! Silva even had Sonnen hurt at the start of one round, but Sonnen still managed to get the takedown. GSP shouldn't have too much of a problem, considering guys like Fitch, Penn, Alves, and Koscheck are all incredibly hard to take down, but GSP still managed it.

GSP via UD.[/quote']

hav you watched silva vs sonnen? it seem you forgot about elbows silva threw from his back and submission attempts. and i believe silva knocked okami from his back o.O? what you on about

you guys have to be very stupid to even think that GSP and beat Silva.

they are on different lvls. GSP can only win if the fight is fix.

not a Anderson fan but he is too superior than GSP and every aspect of fighting

LMAO.. thats what i did when i read your retarded comment..

hey buddy, the troll line is over there, NEXT !

I don't think GSP is going to beat shields' date=' so i dont think we will ever see gsp silva[/quote']

your in a wheel chair with one hand on your chest, your tongue sticking out the right corner of your mouth and your neck tilted a little to the side arent you? cuz you sir are retarded.

GSP via UD.

GSP via UD.[/quote']

Hello Mr. Idiot the thread is not about how the superfight would go down its about would you rather have Silva win or lose his fight against Vitor.

was anyone ever interested in vitor winning?

... Me :( Originally anyways, and I sure the Sea of Anderson Silva haters (You could group me in with them) also would, no else ever has seemed to have a chance on the feet...

God I just want to see him knoced out to be honest :D

Will it happen? Probably not, infact it will probably be Belfort, but now that I look at it, its pretty much a Win-Win for me.

Archived