Kenny Florian... is he really good enough?

forgivemyhonesty

I love Kenny Florian.

talented as all hell and a class act to boot. super intelligent dude and has great finishes.

is he good enough to be champion? i'm not sure... i fear that he'll be the Marquardt of the LW division. always hovering around the top 5 but never quite good enough to get that belt.

i'm afraid Melvin's tear is going to go through Kenny. Kenny is a great striker but he's been fighting grapplers and the empty husk of the warrior we once knew as Takanori Gomi. Melvin is also a good wrestler, something that Kenny seems to struggle with.

someone give me hope!

I think as long as BJ Penn stays the HELL away from the LW division, thats his last scrape of a chance

I think he is able to beat anyone, he will probably still struggle with Gray if he is the champion

and while at times the Florian vs Guillard matchup looks to actually favor Melvin

Lets not forget who's actually fought for the title and top light weights constantly, Melvin may look good now, but I think Kenny is just a fighter on a different level, despite the match up.

I love Kenny Florian.

talented as all hell and a class act to boot. super intelligent dude and has great finishes.

is he good enough to be champion? i'm not sure... i fear that he'll be the Marquardt of the LW division. always hovering around the top 5 but never quite good enough to get that belt.

i'm afraid Melvin's tear is going to go through Kenny. Kenny is a great striker but he's been fighting grapplers and the empty husk of the warrior we once knew as Takanori Gomi. Melvin is also a good wrestler' date=' something that Kenny seems to struggle with.

someone give me hope![/quote']

We'll find out in 2011-12, the merger with the WEC just made it that much harder for Florian to be champion. He has one more chance to get a decent winning streak together and win himself a title shot. Good Luck Kenny

Archived