K-1 vs Boxing , in MMA.

Future_Champ

I''ll go with the K-1 fighter. Bigger arsenal.

I really think without gloves , a lot of these guys could stay inside and destroy a lot of K1 fighters , people say Boxers have Virgin legs but I think boxers in general train harder than any other athlete , and their legs are amazing trust me. Taking the gloves off a boxer is like taking the sheath off a sword lol.

I think Haye would knock Badr Out. I think a guy like Overeem would be too strong and just kill him in the clinch though , don't get me wrong.

I think Giorgio Petrisian would lose to a lot of the pro boxers his size too.

I'm not saying boxers beat k-1 guys or k-1 guys beat boxers , I just think guys in the MMA world give boxers less credit than they deserve and k-1 strikers more credit than they deserve.

I really think without gloves ' date=' a lot of these guys could stay inside and destroy a lot of K1 fighters , people say Boxers have Virgin legs but I think boxers in general train harder than any other athlete , [b']and their legs are amazing trust me.[/b] Taking the gloves off a boxer is like taking the sheath off a sword lol.

I think Haye would knock Badr Out. I think a guy like Overeem would be too strong and just kill him in the clinch though , don't get me wrong.

I'm not saying boxers beat k-1 guys or k-1 guys beat boxers , I just think guys in the MMA world give boxers less credit than they deserve and k-1 strikers more credit than they deserve.

Muscle's in your legs don't make them amazing. Kickboxers have been kicked in their legs for their entire life, their nerves are deadend. Their bones have cracked/hardened because of it, their shins are more like bludgeons. The boxers do have virgin legs for not having to take brutal punishment to it. It would be no different then having a K-1 Kickboxer kick you in the leg.

Go watch some Kickboxer .vs. Boxer matches, all the ones where the Kickboxers won they used kicks. All the ones where the boxer won is where the kickboxer didn't throw any kicks and decided to use their hands.

I really think without gloves ' date=' a lot of these guys could stay inside and destroy a lot of K1 fighters , people say Boxers have Virgin legs but I think boxers in general train harder than any other athlete , and their legs are amazing trust me. Taking the gloves off a boxer is like taking the sheath off a sword lol.

I'm not saying boxers beat k-1 guys or k-1 guys beat boxers , I just think guys in the MMA world give boxers less credit than they deserve and k-1 strikers more credit than they deserve.[/quote']

Put a boxer in a cage and all he knows how to do is throw punches. He does it better than anyone including the K-1 guy, but that's still all he does.

The K-1 guy on the other hand can punch, kick, knee, elbow, clinch, etc.

And no, a boxers legs are not that amazing. In great shape? Yes. However they can't take a kick the way a kickboxer can. They don't know how to check kicks. Nor could they take a kick to the body or head.

As mentioned, if you watch some boxer vs kickboxer fights, the kickboxer almost always wins via kicks.

No one is giving anyone more credit than deserved. If you break down each fighters skills, the kickboxer is going to have more ways to win than the boxer is.

Put a boxer in a cage and all he knows how to do is throw punches. He does it better than anyone including the K-1 guy' date=' but that's still all he does.

The K-1 guy on the other hand can punch, kick, knee, elbow, clinch, etc.

And no, a boxers legs are not that amazing. In great shape? Yes. However they can't take a kick the way a kickboxer can. [b']They don't know how to check kicks[/b]. Nor could they take a kick to the body or head.

As mentioned, if you watch some boxer vs kickboxer fights, the kickboxer almost always wins via kicks.

No one is giving anyone more credit than deserved. If you break down each fighters skills, the kickboxer is going to have more ways to win than the boxer is.

Even if they did it wouldn't matter. To check kicks your shins had to go through similar punishment to harden like a Kickboxers. If a boxer were to check a kick boxers kick it might crack the boxers shin.

I think boxers in general train harder than any other athlete
That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

All professional athletes in all disciplines train as hard - 100%.

However, in some disciplines the training is tougher than in others.

Triathlon training is way tougher than boxing, winter biathlon training is way tougher than boxing, decathlon training is way tougher than boxing, MMA training is way tougher than boxing. Most disciplines have tougher training than boxing.

Kickboxing training is obviously a lot tougher than boxing - the cardio training, the power training and punching training is exactly the same, the pain of being hit in the face is the same, but there's the addition of kicking which makes the leg training harder and adds the pain of being kicked in the legs, liver, arms, head, neck as well as the pain in your feet and shins from kicking.

Then comes MMA training which is way tougher than that of kickboxing - apart from cardio and dynamic muscle power training, there's the addition of isometric power training (because you grapple, grip, hold and lift), there's the painful flexibilty and joint mobility training. Apart from the pain of getting punched, elbowed and kicked all over your body, there's the pain of having your joints (limbs, spine and neck) twisted in bad angles during grappling, there's the pain of being thrown on the floor and having your chest squeezed.

I really think without gloves ' date=' a lot of these guys could stay inside and destroy a lot of K1 fighters , people say Boxers have Virgin legs but [b']I think boxers in general train harder than any other athlete[/b] , and their legs are amazing trust me. Taking the gloves off a boxer is like taking the sheath off a sword lol.

Stick a boxer in a NCAA wrestling practice and you'll see them break. Wrestlers have by far the best work ethic out of any athletes out there.

In an MMA match ironically I see this going to the ground 9/10 times and I think if it's just pure stand up well, hasn't that already been proven that K-1 fighters beat the boxer? But then again have we ever seen someone with let's just say Mike Tyson (prime) greatness and a K-1 greatness like Overeem or Semmy?

I think that would be interesting to see the best kickboxer go against the best boxer because I think then it becomes more of a toss up I would still probably put my money on the kickboxer but, could easily still go to the boxer.

In an MMA match ironically I see this going to the ground 9/10 times and I think if it's just pure stand up well' date=' hasn't that already been proven that K-1 fighters beat the boxer? But then again have we ever seen someone with let's just say Mike Tyson (prime) greatness and a K-1 greatness like Overeem or Semmy?

I think that would be interesting to see the best kickboxer go against the best boxer because I think then it becomes more of a toss up I would still probably put my money on the kickboxer but, could easily still go to the boxer.[/quote']

clearly you haven't seen the many times boxers fought in K1 and got handled

clearly you haven't seen the many times boxers fought in K1 and got handled

Clearly you didn't read the line that said "hasn't that already been proven that K-1 fighters beat the boxer?" :D

Who was the biggest name in boxing that tried K-1 and got man handled? Maybe there has been two big names in each sport that has fought each other in K-1 I dunno never seen it but, in my opinion if the best boxer fought the best kickboxer I wouldn't completely rule out the boxer I also wouldn't bet money on him to win either lol but, maybe I'm completely wrong and kickboxers **** up boxers 100% of the time.

Clearly you didn't read the line that said "hasn't that already been proven that K-1 fighters beat the boxer?" :D

Who was the biggest name in boxing that tried K-1 and got man handled? Maybe there has been two big names in each sport that has fought each other in K-1 I dunno never seen it but' date=' in my opinion if the best boxer fought the best kickboxer I wouldn't completely rule out the boxer I also wouldn't bet money on him to win either lol but, maybe I'm completely wrong and kickboxers **** up boxers 100% of the time.[/quote']

Francois Botha, 47-6 boxing record, 4-11 in kickboxing

8 times out of 10, I'd give it to the K-1 fighter for sure. Those 2 times, the boxer's hands will come through.................but the kicks are such an incredible extra dynamic, most boxers wouldn't be able to cope.

Just think about Ghita or Saki landing one leg kick on any top ranked HW boxer. They'd crumple after the first shot and likely give up. That's no exaggeration either.

8 times out of 10' date=' I'd give it to the K-1 fighter for sure. Those 2 times, the boxer's hands will come through.................but the kicks are such an incredible extra dynamic, most boxers wouldn't be able to cope.

Just think about Ghita or Saki landing one leg kick on any top ranked HW boxer. They'd crumple after the first shot and likely give up. That's no exaggeration either.[/quote']

+1

I forget the name but I remember a gold medalist boxer in MAX getting stopped by leg kicks

8 times out of 10' date=' I'd give it to the K-1 fighter for sure. Those 2 times, the boxer's hands will come through.................but the kicks are such an incredible extra dynamic, most boxers wouldn't be able to cope.

Just think about Ghita or Saki landing one leg kick on any top ranked HW boxer. They'd crumple after the first shot and likely give up. That's no exaggeration either.[/quote']

That's what I'm thinking as well I'd probably say 6 to 7 out of 10 though :D what can I say I still love boxing as a sport and think it gets written off to much from MMA and K-1 fans sure a pure MMA or kickboxer is going to beat a boxer in a kickboxing or MMA match but, switch roles and the same thing will more than likely happen.

to answer your question directly Vitalli Klitschko

Originally Klitschko was an amateur kickboxer. In 1992 he got to the final of the European Kickboxing Championships +89 kgs Light-Contact division. In 1996 he turned professional and compiled a record of 34-1 with 22 knockouts.

i dont see why its in mma tho.

mma favours the kick boxer more than k1 would.

the only notable exceptions are boxers who train ground game.

if you want to see k1 v boxing , it has already happened in k1.

one massive issue i have with the mma v boxing hype is this...

the best mma boxer isnt the best boxer. its the elite boxer who has the best ground game.

that could be anyone in the top 50.

being an elite boxer already means that side of their striking is exemplary, (although it does present an issue in that- how they are taught to box in boxing stance, would be massive amounts of learned bad habits in an mma fighter).

getting back to the point...

the best boxer in an mma fight wouldnt even necessarily be floyd maywether (#1 ranked boxing),

it could be gianluca branco (#42 ranked boxing).

the reason for this is - the boxer isnt fighting another boxer under boxing rules. the fact he has superior boxing is a given. the game depends completely on his TDD, or (if he has actually trained in depth) his BJJ defence.

K-1 (Which is a promotion, NOT a sport) solved this question long ago. Just like The UFC, Shooto, and Vale Tudo started MMA to find the best all around fighters in the world, K-1 started to find the best pure strikers in world. And history bears out that the most lethal striking style in the world is Thai boxing/ Muay Thai/ The art of 8 limbs.

Even all the Dutch fighters who have been dominant, including Reem himself, are essentially Thai fighters.

Archived